1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

WOW WoW Mists of Pandaria Pandathread

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Kaji, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Kaji

Kaji Member

Breaking/important info goes here because we're all too lazy to scroll down

COUNTDOWN - Mists of Pandaria goes live at Tuesday, 25th September 5pm AEST. You shouldn't need to relog to gain access (assuming you've downloaded/installed it already) to the new stuff - apparently it just goes live magically without any kind of relog/restart - but anyone who's been here for previous expansion launches know that shit is going to get fucking hammered. Expect queues, failed logins, and looooong loading times. If you get online, for the love of god, STAY ON - it might be impossible to get back on for hours.

Reminder - don't try and sell your account here, you'll get banned. If you have to, do it somewhere else.

[​IMG]
    World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

------------------
    INTRODUCTION
    ------------------

PANDAS PANDAS PANDAS PANDAS
    Yes, this is the new WoW Mists of Pandaria (MoP) megathread, where we complain and cry about Blizzard complete madness about PLAYING A FUCKING PANDA.

For a thread history, please refer to...

1st thread - Nov 2k4 to Feb 2k6 - Includes release drama, Azuregos / Kazzak, introduction of the Honour System, Battlegrounds, Blackwing Lair, Zul'Gurub, 4 World Dragons, and Ahn'Qiraj 20/40 causes massive tears!
    2nd thread - Feb 2k6 to Feb 2k7 - Includes Tier 0.5, Old Naxxramas, and the release drama of the first expansion, The Burning Crusade (TBC)!!
    3rd thread - Feb 2k7 to Oct 2k7 - More TBC drama, then the release of Black Temple and we finally get to see Illidan!
    4th thread - Oct 2k7 to April 2k8 - Voice Chat is released! (lol) and Zul'Aman Bear Adventures!
    5th thread - April 2k8 to Nov 2k8 - Sunwell Plateau comes out and utterly destroys us all! Then patch 3.0 comes along and nerfs everything to shit for the preparation of...
    6th thread - Nov 2k8 to Nov 2k9 - Wrath of the Lich King! All the release drama and tears, all the way up to the Argent Tournament and pre 3.3!!
    7th thread - Nov 2k9 to Dec 2k10 - Patch 3.3! We finally find out what happens to the Lich King, and then we cry about what's happening in the latest expansion, Cataclysm!
    8th thread - Nov 2k10 to Sept 2k12 - Cataclysm! We talk about Deathwing, how bad Cataclysm really was, and seriously, fucking Pandas?! Also, we had the MoP Alpha/Beta/PTR megathread.

If you're interested in other WoW topics here...

Cataclysm Beta discussion thread - Our topic on the 3rd expansion pack while it was in alpha/beta, due out sometime in 2010. I'm guessing somewhere between June and Septemter, but there's no release date. (Update: dates wrong again, confirmed now for Dec 7!)
    WoW Contact Thread - find out where your fellow crybabies are and cry in-game together!!
    WoW Scroll of Resurrection contact thread - get a Scroll, earn a mount and free game time. If you want, here's the original thread.

------------------
    For the new people who are just starting WoW
    ------------------

Yes, it costs money to play. If you can handle that, then these are the sites you need to know;

World of Warcraft DOT COM - DUH. This is where your money goes.
    Battle.net - The worst place on the internet. Seriously, you will drown in the tears. Unfortunately, Blizzard releases any breaking news here first, along with server status updates. (Disclaimer: The UI forum is actually quite awesome)
    WoWhead - Greatest WoW site ever. If you can't get your quest/item/where-do-I-go question solved here, you're either not looking hard enough, or no-one knows! (unlikely, these neckbearded nerds are fucking slobbering at the idea of telling you how to play)
    WoWpedia - Have a question about the game itself? Lore? History? Mechanics? It's all here. Ignore any lore or story that the WoW comics tell, they suck elephant semen. Offshoot of WoWWiki, which was no.1 for years, then was utterly destroyed by Wikia's stupid policies.
    MMO-Champion - WoW news, delivered daily! Focuses more on high-end content, but hey, what else is there?! Run by a French guy, but nothing's perfect. Nowadays, it's pretty much the king-shit of WoW sites, and for good reason.
    www.worldofraids.com - DEAD
    Curse Gaming - Fucking horrible sell-outs, but it's the no.1 UI site out there. Combined with the UI forums at the official site, you'll get all your modding needs.
    WoW Interface - The other UI site. If it's not on Curse, it's here. A more developer-related site.
    WoW Insider - Blogging/News site about things going on in the game. Less in-game stuff, more general/meta stuff.

------------------
    STORYLINE, LORELOL
    ------------------

Ok, here's a quick Cata recap.

* After Arthas finally dies and Bolvar becomes the new Lich King, weird shit starts happening. Elementals everywhere start freaking out, and people are still wondering what the fuck is up with these Twilight dragons. It all goes to hell when...
    * Deathwing, Aspect of Earth, makes his glorious return. The world is literally fucked up - earthquakes, volcanoes, lava, SHIT JUST GOT FUCKING REAL. In game terms, the old world (pre patch 4.0.3) is gone forever - zones are remade, quest lines redone, enemies re-made, etc.
    * This Cataclysm forces Gilneas (who have been screwed by the Worgen Curse) and Goblins (who are just in for a quick buck) to join the Alliance/Horde, in order just to save themselves. Also, many places that we couldn't access before (Uldum, Hyjal, etc) are now accessiable. New class combos are also available.
    * Adventurers go to Hyjal to find that Deathwing has summoned Ragnaros to help him burn the world tree. Also, Neptulon (Elemental lord of Water) is getting screwed over by the Naga in Vashj'ir, who are loyal to Deathwing and his big boss, N'Zoth (the Old God). Eventually, we go to Deepholm (Elemental plane of Earth) to stop Azeroth from exploding Outland-style, and find that Deathwing has recruited Al'Akir (Elemental Lord of Air) to take over Uldum and use the Halls of Orgination - the device that Algalon was going to use to basically wipe clean Azeroth. We also find that the Twilight's Hammer have taken over the home of the Wildhammer Dwarves, and the their leader, Cho'Gall, is busy corrupting the land and helping Sinestra (Deathwing's ex-fuck buddy) making new Twilight Dragons.
    * Everyone gets their shit together and decides that it's time to fuck some Dragons. First, we kill Nefarian (again) and Onyxia (again again), who had been brought back by their daddy Deathwing. We then knock off Al'Akir and save the world (again). Then it's off to the Bastion of Twilight to kill Cho'Gall and Sinestra to stop the flow of Twilight dragons/get some sweet leather.
    * The Zandalari, the closest the Trolls have to a United Nations, decide that it's time to go butt-fucking insane and make themselves enemies to everyone. They do some funky voodoo magic and bring back Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub back to live. Adventurers decide that this is fucking bullshit, and get bored very quickly doing the same thing over again.
    * Ragnaros don't give a fuck, however, and promptly starts burning the fuck out of Nordassil, the world tree. We head off to the Firelands and find out that Fandral Staghelm is working with him, and that it's really fucking hot here dude. In probably the most epic raid encounter in Cata, we kill Rag for good, and pretty much forget all about Neptulon.
    * Deathwing decides that randomly setting fire to things isn't going to make his grand scheme work, so he decides to fuck up Wyrmrest Temple, the power base of all the dragon aspects. The Aspects quickly find out they're no much for Deathwing, so they send Thrall and Friends back in time to find the one weapon that can truly fuck him up - the Dragon Soul. After killing the rest of Deathwing's armies - Twilight Dragons, Old God forces, the rest of the Twilight's Hammer, and corrupted Elementals - Thrall uses the Dragon Soul on Deathwing, blowing off some of his armour. In the last, final battle, Thrall and the Aspects completely obliterate Deathwing, and the Cataclysm is over.

------------------
    NEW STUFF
    ------------------

Ok, now that the mists have been revealed, here's the new stuff in 5.0.4, which is both the pre-xpac patch and the release patch - the new continent of Pandaria is opened up on September 25th.

• Level cap increased to 90.
    • New class - Monk. Can tank/heal/dps. Any race (except Goblins/Worgen) can be a Monk, not just Pandas.
    • New race - Pandaren (LOLOLOLOLOL). Yes, seriously, the joke hero in War3 is back.
    • New talent revamp - Blizz decided that the 4.x revamp didn't go far enough, so they're really done a number on it. Seriously, check it out on Wowpedia/WoWhead, it's far too massive to describe here
    • Scenarios - 3 man "micro dungeons". Used for cool things, events, etc.
    • Challenge modes - ultra ultra hardcore 5 mans. Timed content, with best times going on a realm wide ladder.
    • Pet Battle system - yes, it's WoW Pokemon. I AM SO FUCKING EXCITED
    • Account wide achievements/pets/mounts - COLLECT ALL THE NERD POINTS
    • Black Market Auction House - run by NPCs, which lists random items (like T3, Ashes of Al'ar, etc). Expect to lose millions of gold.
    • Cross Realm Zones - players can now see other players from other realms in their levelling zones, evening out the population. THE NEW LEVEL 85-90 ZONES DO NOT HAVE CRZ ENABLED, AND PROBABLY WON'T DO UNTIL 5.1, DON'T BITCH ABOUT IT.

There's a fuckload more info at WoWpedia, but these are the big points. Of course, the usual new zones/new dungeons/new raids are there as well. I won't list the new zones, as the major theme of this expansion is exploration and discovering new shit on your own. Compared to "OMFG ITS VILLIAN <X>!!!", which had really become tired by Deathwing, this is a nice welcome change...if you can handle Pandas FUCKING EVERYWHERE.

------------------

So, there it is. On a personal note, I am excited for this xpac. I was (and still am, I guess) a little wary of the Panda theme - seriously, all they built it from was a travelling Panda who likes to get drunk - but it's grown to muhc more than that. The asian theme, the focus on exploration and discovery ala Vanilla WoW, and generally a more fun world has raised my excitement levels. Cata was a misstep, lets hope Blizz can bring it back to the awesomeness we expect.

On a final note

[​IMG]
    mmmm yeaaaaa look at that furry ass, I'm gonna go all yiff on that

P.S. First reply in the first WoW thread: "I dont understand, you spose to buy WOW, then PAY monthly to play it? wtf is that sounds like a rip-off, more ways for them to make a quick dollar." Oh my, how things have changed.​

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2012
  2. OP
    OP
    Kaji

Kaji Member

Reserved for future stuff/panda sex/etc.

Theramore Scenario is now LIVE. Queue for it via Dungeon Finder -> Scenarios.

Getting to Pandaria on the 25th (release day) - there's a hot-air balloon / airship hovering over Stormwind/Orgrimmar (above the portals to other 85 zones, I think) that takes you to Pandaria. Also, you'll get a new auto-quest when you log in, like you did with Cataclysm, telling you where to go. As a final option, use the Hero's Board to get the quest - if you've forgotten, the Hero's Board is that board in the middle of the capital cities that gives you the breadcrumb "Hero's Call! <x>" quests to new zones.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  3. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

Can't wait to get home for scenario.. too bad I got work to do so will have to be later :(

4. Straferight

Straferight Member

don't get too excited, you will be severely underwhelmed..

5. OP
    OP
    Kaji

Kaji Member

All reports say it's very underwhelming, and that the queue system is fucked (expect to wait 30 minutes, even though you only need 3 dps, and no tank or heals).

Someone compared it to the last poo nugget on top of the shit sundae that was Cataclysm :\

edit: Blizz have doubled the HP of all mobs in the scenario. Be careful!
    edit 2: requires ilvl 353 to queue, and (can, not always!) drops ilvl 384 loot (same as LFR) from the bag.

6. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

:(

I was hoping it would be an easy way to get all my fresh 80's a 384 weapon for mop :lol:

7. OP
    OP
    Kaji

Kaji Member

NEW SCRUBS SHOULDN'T OVERGEAR ME, MY TIER 3 SHOULD DESTROY OUTLAND CLOWNSUITS ;) :p

Quest rewards from the new starter zone (there's only 1, but Alliance/Horde are on separate sides of the zone) are ilvl 372/384.

Also, updated OP with this;

8. ddk

ddk (Banned or Deleted)

Make blue PVP gear before hitting level 85. Queue for HoT's. Spend JP on 397 gear. Takes a day, or two if you're lazy, to gear yourself almost entirely in il 397.

Fuck this 384 shit.

9. r8response

r8response Member

Bet you won't be saying that after going through it.

Done it on horde.

Completely and utterly boring.

10. OP
    OP
    Kaji

Kaji Member

Any Supreme Nerd Lords going for a realm first 90/profession?

11. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

Problem is the blue pvp gear costs 1k a piece :p and fuck farming it! Also, that would mean I actually have to play... during cata... :\

12. Submariner

Submariner Member

Yep, scenario is panda poo. Waited 40 minutes to do it and at end of very lame running around killing stuff, I get some fireworks for my trouble... Lamest "World Event" for an expansion yet.

EDIT: Is there a way to kick someone from a three man scenario? Half way through a warrior and my ret pally had a hunter d/c. We two manned the rest, even though we were both undergeared in various pieces of 377 and 390 PVP gear. We could not find a way to kick the hunter and were wondering if he still gets the end scenario loot? The three man matchups seem a little random, 3 death knights, 2 pally tanks and my druid.

13. snoop_wog

snoop_wog Member

Panda Poo is an understatement. That was the most unoriginal piece of shit I have seen. It literally felt like a quest you did at level 10.

14. Coma White

Coma White Member

Agreed, that was the biggest piece of shit "world event" Blizzard have come out with to date.

Does anyone else get the feeling that they're trying to quietly usher in Pandaria and hope no one notices it??? Scourge invasion and pre cata events went for several weeks and were much more in depth & interesting than what they've done so far.

15. Nemesis

Nemesis Member

They have made it quite clear they are concentrating on Pandaria, and the content we will have for months, rather then something people will experience for 2-4weeks.

I am hopeful that because they haven't done anything for cata in around the past 12 months, that MOP will kick some goals.

*cross fingers*

16. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Yes, I found it very underwhelming. I logged in 30mins before maint (f$#*#$ maintenance!) and did this, it starts off with a random goblin dropping a bomb on theramore... dosn't really say why though then you fight some guys, burn some ships, take some banners, fight some more orcs. Done.

That... sucked -_- I was expecting something completely epic and awesome. But you don't even get to see theramore blow up. It just gets covered in a big purple bubble then you start fighting orcs. Let down! :(

17. r8response

r8response Member

It's a scenario, not a world event.

18. OP
    OP
    Kaji

Kaji Member

Doesn't matter, got my tabard.

Reminder - The tabard / mini pet thingy (maybe Feat of Strength too, not sure) are only available in the level 85 version of the scenario. Scenario gets automatically upgraded to 90 when MoP is out, so chopchop~!

Also, it's Pirates' Day!

19. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

How do you get mini pet? is it a random "Drop" chance in the bag you get at the end? I only did it on my Alliance DK and she got the tabard and a plate DPS helm out of the bag thingy but no pet :(

20. Queenie

Queenie Member

So i hear the black market has a chance to have tier 3.

I may finally get my tier 3 shoulders.

And maybe al'ar.

Just gotta start up my gold stuff again.

It'll be excellent as I already have the startup capital i need on horde toon, so whoever controls it, I WIN!