WOW WoW Mists of Pandaria Pandathread

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Kaji, Sep 18, 2012.

1. leroyxx

leroyxx Member

Sooo.. thoughts on the new upcoming patch?

I'm back in again and just remembering how to play...

loooong maint tonight... lets hope its worth it!

2. Yeti_Skinner

Yeti_Skinner Member

Anyone had a look at the new 5.4 stuff yet?

3. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

I've read through the patch notes, glad to see there's some more minor glyphs for my shaman (including spirit raptor!)

4. Cadbury

Cadbury Member

The new island is fun. Reminds me of the old Isle of Quell Danas. Good for gearing alts.

5. Grom Hellscream

Grom Hellscream Member

Hope they grouped the realms well or I'm going to throw my monitor against the wall and not touch the new zone for 2 months because it's a 20 to 1 hordefest. :thumbdn:

6. Sub_Atomic

Sub_Atomic Member

I agree. I spent a fair bit of time there on my Warlock and Warrior and geared up my Shammy and Paladin in the process with some gear for my priest when I decide to level her up more.

I quite like it, but as always, the population exploded so a few quests take way longer than expected due to quest camping etc. Rares don't last very long so you have to be quick!

7. Shawry

Shawry Member

Anyone have any updated information on the virtual realms yet?
    ie., When do they activate? What realms are being grouped with what?

A friend and I are back again, mainly sucked in by the draw of cross-realm enabled arenas etc so we dont have to keep transferring realms whenever we take a break and come back.
    Looking for guilds to raid/pvp with is tough. I just want one really solid raid per week, dont even care if its with people's alts, as long as its fun and the people are nice. :tongue:

8. vinli

vinli Member

Just wondering about the isle, how do you go about getting gear for alts? For example I've only been on my main who is a druid, but the gear token/cache things I've gotten have all been leather (and a lot of them, enough for two full sets so far). Am I missing something or is there an easy way for me to get cloth/plate/mail ones too other than actually taking those classes to the island?

9. Shawry

Shawry Member

You can loot gear tokens that arent for your class.
    I've picked up a few plate, mail, cloth items which I cant use, but then can obviously mail to my alt.
    You can also purchase those tokens, or the weekly quest as well you can choose.

10. OP
    OP
    Kaji

Kaji Member

5.4 ending;
    Garrosh lives but imprisoned, Vol'jin is new Warchief

11. moist.au

moist.au (Banned or Deleted)

Did some Arena wargames with a bunch of mates last night, game pacing feels slower, which is good. The resilience change is a welcome one.

Some of the class changes are good. Particularly like the fact they've increased the use-cooldown of demonic gateway (up to 45 sec from 15 sec). It was impossible to land kills on certain teams due to the ability to be able to use this every 15 seconds.

Mage feels a lot more difficult to play now; burst has gone down a lot due to the mastery change, quite a bit more finesse required now with regard to holding icicle charges and using them with fingers of frost/brain freeze procs later on to be able to actually kill things.

Rogues seem really strong. I am dominating people in duels on my assassination rogue.

Warlocks are insane - the burst/spread pressure potential of affliction is huge. I foresee UA lock/Boomkin/x to be an extremely strong comp this season (it's always been good, but I think it will be ridiculous in 5.4).

Looking forward to new season start anyway.

12. domdomdom

domdomdom Member

What realm you on moist? You a high lvl arena player?

I'm excited to get back into it this season. The quality of life changes to warriors is what I've wanted since WOTLK with spell reflect no shield for aussie ping, intervene, and a PS for team mates - yay can actually help now. And shattering with no rage...with the stupid speed thing pallys get I'm finding it's still nearly useless.

Anyway I'm going to play my warrior mostly I think, got 2600+ on him in Wrath and ~2300 recently
    Similarly 2400+ on a lock in cata will hopefully play aff seeing as it's viable again =)

13. Roger

Roger Member

The gear from the timeless isle certainly is interesting, it sorta means that any new 90 you get is going to be able to jump straight into raids heroics etc, after you have been running for a while, it doesn't take long to end up with a couple of pieces for another class, especially if you hit a few rares. All you need to do is tap something once that others are fighting and you get credit for the kill.

14. afcca

afcca Member

Yep, back on the bandwagon. Trying something completely out of my comfort zone though, horde on a pvp server when I'm used to alliance on PVE. Rolled a new DK too, which is fun because I've only leveled one in the past and haven't played him since lich king.

I have to ask though, why the hell does blood boil hit so much harder than heart strike o_O

15. Frostyknight

Frostyknight Member

Anyone on Blackrock Horde?

16. moist.au

moist.au (Banned or Deleted)

It only does that sub-85. After 85 it evens out, and heart strike becomes a lot stronger. Blizzard have royally fucked up lower level ability numbers and I don't think they can be arsed fixing it. It's why I don't understand why people still enjoy twinking. Certain classes at lower levels are just retarded.

17. NSanity

NSanity Member

yep. :thumbup:

18. Ap0c

Ap0c Member

I was but transferred to Mal'Ganis for a higher population

19. easterhat

easterhat Member

me too! :D

20. afcca

afcca Member

That makes sense I guess. At 69 in terrokar questing items (I'm doing all of the quests all the way up) Heart Strike hits for about 900 while blood boil does 4k with 2 diseases.................... It's quite silly.

Loving the DK at the moment though, been tanking through instances and leveling as blood outside of them. May not be overly fast, until I get to an area I can round up 15 things :D