WOW WoW Mists of Pandaria Pandathread

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Kaji, Sep 18, 2012.

1. sirelliottm

sirelliottm Member

looking to buy the pandaria xpac online but the cheapest i can find is off a cd site for $29.

Anyone know of a better price?

2. Smackem

Smackem Member

You tried the blizz store? They were having a sale on mists not long ago. Not sure of the price atm.

3. Submariner

Submariner Member

4. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

So my authenticator has borked itself... can't login...

5. leroyxx

leroyxx Member

6. flinchy

flinchy Member

is it worth coming back to experience it?

even for a month, level cap, beat all the dungeons, get some gear, beat some raids

sorta a month or two thing at most probably

7. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

Yes, always worth it.

8. flinchy

flinchy Member

you are already a terrible terrible influence

last time i came back, half way thru cata.. i played for 2 days....

9. r8response

r8response Member

Don't bother, it's just the same old shit in a shiny new package.

10. Smackem

Smackem Member

Did someone say shiny new purples.....:Paranoid:

11. moist.au

moist.au (Banned or Deleted)

There's plenty to do, but I wouldn't just come back for a couple of months. If I was going to only play for 1-2 months I wouldn't bother at all personally.

I like WoW these days as a filler, I have fun playing it when I've got nothing else better to play. So right now, I'm playing GTA V more than anything, so WoW barely gets any attention.

When I am playing it, I'm having a lot of fun in arena. Heroic Scenarios can be somewhat fun if you triple DPS them, and these new Proving Grounds are also a bit of fun on the harder levels.

12. MOIRAE

MOIRAE Member

Can pick purples up off the ground these days. Quite literally.

Very straight forward to gear and LFR a toon....get them geared to a point.

Especially if you have lots of alts. Pretty much immediately after dinging 90 you can get to ilev 496 or close to that mark for nicks.

Buy raid tokens with ease...roll on every boss and get geared extremely fast.

IS it worth it? Probably not. Same stuff. It is, in my opinion, the most entertaining that the game has been in a long, long while. Probably since pre Lich King. Just my opinion.

13. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

As keeps getting pointed out... Yes the game has changed, but at the same time it's now incredibly more accessible.

I'm in a 2 person guild with my wife, we've killed Lei Shen (Granted, we were dead at the end of the encounter). As a 2 person guild, comprised of very casual and untalented players, we can run raid content with ease, and we're having fun doing it (currently taking a break though levelling some new toons for Siege of Orgrimmar).

14. Shawry

Shawry Member

I'll second this!
    The dev team has really got their shit together for this patch (and the rest of the xpac) and the game is fun and lots to do.
    Yes you can gear characters up quick, but that just helps keep people playing.

Its fun. Its kinda awesome in some bits. Its the same old WoW though.

15. flinchy

flinchy Member

why not 1-2mo? see the levelling contant, try out the panda, a monk... raid a bit, get bored, quit be happy with only having spent ~60 for 2mo entertainment lol

16. maomaocat

maomaocat Member

I made use of the 7 day invitation yesterday, dusted off a hunter on Khaz'Goroth. I was deguilded during the break and not long after playing, I was given a ginvite... to Khazuals? and it's open slather to invite others? How the mighty have fallen...

17. Dass Booty

Dass Booty Member

Blizzard sent me another seven free days so I updated WoW, fixed the buggy agent not updating then played for a few hours. It's no good, I'll never get that wonderful feeling of being in another world again. :(

18. MOIRAE

MOIRAE Member

Im in a very similar position. 3 person guild made up of old raiders from Vanilla/BC who cant be arsed with progression yet cannot put the game down.

I have four toons through the first part of SOO which is rediculous. They are all have at least 508 ilev which is again rediculous.

The main reason that the game is better right now is because you can actually DO the end game stuff, at least to have a look. Sure, it is not heroic progression and the toons will never be outrageously geared, but you can still see the raid content, manage the legendary cloak quests and get your toons to a level where they are pretty handy.

Hats off to Blizzard. Sure, they have dumbed the game down like mad, but it seems to me that they almost have it where it should be for casuals and hardcore alike.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  19. scarecrow420

scarecrow420 Member

What's the grind from 85 to 90 like? I had a Priest, DK, Paladin and Shaman all at level 85 but towards the end of Cata and when Mists dropped, was mostly playing the AH more than the game! I got to about 750k gold before I ended up letting my sub lapse. I just couldnt get in to the pandaria quests, and grinding up to 90. I think the best I did was 87 on my priest, got one other toon to 86 and didnt even touch the others. I wouldnt mind taking this 7 day option and checking out some level 90 stuff but I still find myself very "meh" towards levelling from 85 to 90, so I probably will not bother coming back at this stage.

Unless it's super easy to level from 85 to 90 now, and you dont have to do it in those first few pandaria zones?

20. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

They reduced the XP requirement for all levels 85 to 90 by 33%.

My wife and I got from 85 to 86 in like 3 hours, anyone with some skill could probably do it faster. Just move to the next zone as soon as you hit level and you should be able to do it fairly fast. Presumably your toons would have built up a tonne of rested XP.