WOW WoW Mists of Pandaria Pandathread

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Kaji, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Shawry

Shawry Member

Look up "Monkey Runs" for quick 85-90 levelling.

Get a mod like OQueue to help find crossrealm premades doing various activities (including monkey runs).

2. warrior

warrior Member

Other option is to find someone with a 90 on a dead realm and have them fly you around to collect the rare BOA items. I did that to get from 89-90 on my priest alt.

In other news we killed Garrosh easily last night (should have had him last week but eh). Scored myself the BOA pig sticker! Bring on heroics next week.

3. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

I took advantage of that 7 days for free offer and topped up my account for a week so I could take a look at the new patch and i'm shocked at how easy it is to gear. There is MILLIONS of chests on Timeless Isle and I had my ret spec fully geared in about 20mins and I didn't have to kill a single mob. The only thing I need now is a new weapon and my ret set is fully SOO ready

I'm yet to take a look at SOO though as my Holy ilevel was too low but a run of ToT fixed that :thumbup:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  4. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

Haven't been to timeless isle yet, started levelling some new toons with my wife just before 5.4... Good to know once we hit 90 we can get geared for SOO without having to fuck around in dungeons and pre ToT raids.

5. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Yeah it's crazy. My ret set was too crap for even MSV and after going to Timeless Isle it's now decent. Not BIS but definately better than the greens and epics I had before.

6. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

Tempted to look for a decent 25 man raiding guild, current guild isn't performing as well as they should.

7. Shawry

Shawry Member

Lots of luck involved too.
    The first few chests you loot on Timeless Island are designed to give you instant upgrades. After 3-4 items the drop rate on items dries up quickly and you need to start killing the rares.
    You also need to be lucky to actually get the right armour type.
    I still havent seen a plate shoulder item, yet have full sets of leather, mail and cloth ready for alts :p

8. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

I must have been. I got 2x trink, a ring, shoulders, a belt, gloves, and a chest from those mossy chests.

7 days is enough for me. This new patch didn't bring enough interesting content for he to want to resub yet

9. Sub_Atomic

Sub_Atomic Member

I'm liking the new patch a lot at the moment. LFR is hard with all the tards at the moment, but it's definitely making it a challenge. Haven't run a flexi yet as I was on a low pop horde side, so transferred two characters back to alliance. Went back to my own low level guild with two friends and just slowly leveling that at the moment, as well as leveling a monk at the same time. I've got the bug pretty bad at the moment.

10. Shawry

Shawry Member

oQueue or OpenRaid.
    Solved.

11. DarkStyle

DarkStyle Member

I really, really, really, really, really, really hate the player base and have finally had enough of gear strutting douche bags who shit on every one below them on recount.

My housemate is of the same opinion. When I told him to check the amount of time he clocked up on each of his characters (5 90s), it averaged to 3 months of play per character. He couldn't stop laughing when I pointed out each one of those 90s could have been an ex-girlfriend :lol:

Time to let wow die....

12. Yeti_Skinner

Yeti_Skinner Member

I got a massive carry in Flexi with my guild last night on my Warrior. Got belt and trinket (awesome upgrade!). Just wished I had coined the weapon from Sha but there is always next week.

13. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Yeah it's one of the reasons why I stopped playing. I'm not a very good healer. Extremely average. I'm not an awful healer but at the same time i'm never going to top the healing meters. I'll always be bang in the middle. I honestly don't care as I don't NEED to be top of the meters as I have better things to do than work out how to play my toon to top the meters. As long as people don't die then I don't care where I am on the meters as long as i'm doing more healing than the tanks or DPS.

I find it most frustrating to have the retards who are ontop of the meters thinking they are god going HURR DURR. U R BAD. U PALLY SHOULD BE TOP OF THE METERS! UR SO BAD YOU SHOULD KILL YOURSELF (yes I've actually been told that. Charming people) The boss is dead, most of the raid survived with the exception of one or two. Who gives a damn? At the end the boss is dead. LFR isn't even that fun that I want to put up with those elitest abusive fools

I too am done with WoW. It's not fun anymore and the fact that the community has so many prats really kills the fun

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  14. leroyxx

leroyxx Member

So last night over 4 hours, managed to get the newest lfr SoO wing down, couple of basic dumb wipes but then 8, yes 8 wipes on General Nazgrim, which meant we had 40% Determination stack! Some people were approaching 1m health bars... With cooldowns well over!

Just so hard for some people to understand the general mechanics of the fight! I mean I'm a low dps as feral druid, scraping in at 498 il, I took about 6 months off after cata came out... Hoping to pick up some better gear as time goes along, but I'll be dammed, the boss dropped "Gauntlets of the Cursed Vanquisher".. fucking hands, the one high il peice i already had :/ (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/105817)

It'll be the similar stat and il item, so I'm thinking keeping it for off spec... and use up some of the extra timeless leather gear for the off spec as well. My only issue is, I still haven't chosen a off spec!! Any suggestions? I'm currently thinking Resto...

ME: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/barthilas/Leroyxx/simple

15. Ap0c

Ap0c Member

LFR is definitely at it's worst atm because SoO raid actually requires basic understanding of the fights and most LFR groups seem to really struggle with this so I am completely distancing myself from them otherwise they will make me quit the game.

Luckily I have found myself a core raid spot in a nice guild so I am limiting my play time purely to raids, game is so much more enjoyable and how it should be.

Had attempts on Garrosh last night, should have him down next week easily :)

16. DarkStyle

DarkStyle Member

I am glad I managed to get my legendary cloak before Timeless 496 equipment degraded the quality of the average LFR player in ToT. I ran through HoF and PoS as a prot paladin to help a friend with the queue times and the average DPS in ToT has dropped a good 20 - 30k, making the most simple of fights sometimes extremely difficult.

The other tank said "What do I do, never tanked this place" really rankled.

17. afcca

afcca Member

I'm still yet to hit 90 on my new DK due to my whole completionist choice of leveling (currently 87, about to start Twilight Highlands) but I've been wondering what the hell I should do when I hit max. I quit last year literally days after 5.1 hit, so I've missed a lot of content, and therefore don't know what I should do.

Should I try and gear up in each LFR or just go straight to the timeless isle to get all these easy epics that everyone keeps talking about and then go into the LFRs. Is it worth doing the original reputation dailies anymore? Even with the double reputation. Should I bother with the 5.1-5.3 content at all?

It's all a bit daunting at the moment to be honest.

18. IKT

IKT Member

Do this. Path of least resistance.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  19. afcca

afcca Member

Oh I don't think it sounds hard, I'm just wondering the best way of doing it. IE is there still a point to doing the invasion dailies that were introduced in 5.1 or should I just skip everything and go straight to the isle

20. IKT

IKT Member

Nope, prior to 5.4 in order to get access to the best VP gear you had to get your rep grind going on, which was done through doing endless amounts of dailies.

But in 5.4 they killed the reputation requirements for 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3 VP gear and now give the gear away for JP instead of VP because that shit is so underpowered compared to LFR gear, and when you do LFR epics will rain upon your face. By the time you make your way through all the early LFR's (MSV, HOF, TOES, TOT) + Timeless isle epics and land in Siege of Orgrimmar you'll have at least a full set of epics, blizzard can't give that shit away quick enough.

A bit like this: http://youtu.be/APl78T9FjJo?t=1m3s

The main use of VP in 5.4 is not on buying gear outright, but by doing item upgrades on the gear you've got.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013