1. Check out OCAU's review of the SpaceX Starlink satellite internet service!
    Dismiss Notice

WOW WoW Mists of Pandaria Pandathread

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Kaji, Sep 18, 2012.

1. leroyxx

leroyxx Member

On a fresh 90 best bet would be timeless isle, if you cant get exactly what you are after a little visit to the JP gear vendor will bring you in line for lfr current content. Shadow-pan Assault would be the only faction worth doing, and thats through LFR or raids anyway. Dont spend VP on upgrades to timeless gear though, spend it on drops through raids.

Oh, maybe worth dailies for a bit to get your cloud serpent through The Order of the Cloud Serpent, if your not exalted with them you cant ride it even if you have it on another toon. Perhaps The Anglers too simply for the Water Striders, a very handy mount that can walk on water. Also cooking dailys/farming if you like the idea of farming your own stuff...

It only took me about 5 days to get the cloud serpent on a second toon with the account bonus, I'm still working on the anglers, dont have the bonus.

2. NSanity

NSanity Member

No.

LFR is at its worst because everyone who carried that fucking filthy cess pit of hatred and drop kick players, now runs flex. They get better loot, don't have to carry anyone and it feels amazing.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  3. Ap0c

Ap0c Member

Or normal mode :) Such a relief haha

4. Queenie

Queenie Member

I really want a blizzard theme park- call it blizzvegas

Have summoning stones near attractions and rides as meeting points, like going inside a battlecruiser, or scholomance or ulduar etc

5. afcca

afcca Member

I would sell everything I own to visit Strat and Scholo for real, that's a sick idea

6. NSanity

NSanity Member

So basically a 365 day blizzcon?

7. El Nermo Diablo

El Nermo Diablo Member

Ahh the infamous WoW player base. :weirdo: Just started again after a hiatus and rolled a Panda WW.

Did a BRD LFG last night with a bunch of douches in a guild (Sha of Awesome(I know right)) from my old server Khaz'Goroth. They jumped down at the start to kill the boss, so I followed suit, then the priest didn't and life gripped them all back up except me.

Proceeded to run the instance leaving me stuck there. Was fine while I still gained XP but eventually got bored and jumped into the lava to rejoin up. More grief in form of nil heals for rest of instance. Stuck it out on an issue of principal, gave them a serve for being such tards at end.

Just got to wonder why they'd even LFG unless it was to purposely grief. Not sure Ive missed this game at all....!

8. Ap0c

Ap0c Member

The only way WoW can be enjoyed now is if you join a friendly, skilled guild and run all your dungeons and raids with them only. I even steer clear of lfr unless we can do a majority guild run. If I don't cap valor for the week I don't care anymore, not worth the headache of pugging a Hanson heroic or god forbid an lfr

9. NSanity

NSanity Member

How is it possible to not cap valor?

Between a Flex beer run and your normal/heroic progression thats more than enough vp.

10. warrior

warrior Member

Main tank needs nothing from flex so an alt tank gets taken = need to do 2-3 randoms to vp cap.

11. Ap0c

Ap0c Member

I mean more for my Alts

12. afcca

afcca Member

Reminds me of BRD in vanilla on my warrior. We spent the better part of 12 hours trying to complete the same run, all bar two of us kept changing, it was a nightmare but we were determined to finish it haha

13. Queenie

Queenie Member

I remember a brd run like that, was awesome. After people had to leave we kept getting someone to go to SW/ IF to get more people.

14. Sven76

Sven76 Member

Lol bored and got nostalgic for wow decided to login and re download and play again.

Nope typical blizzard the battle net is fucked up and I cant get into my account management page ... Ahh well one addiction I didn't need again :)

15. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

Uh...?

How fucked up?

16. leroyxx

leroyxx Member

I've had a few re-directs when going to battle.net, instead of it taking me to us.battle.net it occasionly takes me to sea.battle.net. may have been the same problem there as well.

17. easterhat

easterhat Member

Account got hacked on Saturday, they logged into all my chars and took a whole bunch of stuff. No malware or anything else on my pc - no idea how they got into my account :(

Blizz restored within 6 hours of the ticket though, so all is back to normal!

Authenticator back on :thumbup:

18. Sven76

Sven76 Member

Getting hacked used to be a good thing :) got your stuff back plus more. I remember we disbanded a guild by mistake and the items from the guild bank were meant to be emailed to the GM we had too much stuff and clogged the mail. Got all the stuff restored plus it showed up in the mail and everytime they ran a patch I got 150k gold in the mail for like a year :)

19. OP
    OP
    Kaji

Kaji Member

5.4.1 out tonight, just some minor fixes.

New RAF stuff is also included, but not actually live in the Blizz Store. "Soon", I guess.

20. moist.au

moist.au (Banned or Deleted)

Have stopped playing now, most likely for the rest of MOP. Hopefully next expansion Blizzard really address a few things, if they don't then I don't see myself coming back at all.

- Tone down ability/spell bloat.

- Remove a heap of offensive and defensive cooldowns, way too many in the game, a Warlock for example has three ways to stop or delay damage on them. A Dk has three trinkets, etc. A druid can ice block if they play with a mage, shit like that is dumb.

- All CC apart from stuns should be casted. Cast and forget passive CC like Ice Ward and Blood Fear shouldn't be in the game.

- Pretty much all caster damage and healing should be casted.

- In order to allow casters to cast said spells, melee mobility, immunities, and interrupts should be toned down.

- Separate PVP and PVE on all abilities (I think Rift does this, or it might be GW2) to make for much better balancing.

Among other things...

It's a real shame, because the PVP in this game is like no other - in terms of how it feels to play overall and how smooth everything ties in together. The downfall is the constant seesaw balancing, Warriors were rubbish last patch, now they are gods, etc... Blizzard make amazing changes to the functionality side of things (region wide queuing, cross-realm arena "teams", conquest point catch ups, etc.) every expansion, but the gameplay side of it goes out the window - they add these new abilities to make classes feel epic, warlock gateway for example, stampede, but don't take into account the effects of these changes on their PVP.

I can only imagine how good (and popular) the PVP in this game would be if they were to create an entirely new game based on WoW Arena/Rated Battlegrounds alone.