1. Check out OCAU's review of the SpaceX Starlink satellite internet service!
    Dismiss Notice

WOW WoW Mists of Pandaria Pandathread

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Kaji, Sep 18, 2012.

1. BoutS

BoutS Member

Yea jubi was horde dominated when I used to be active a couple years ago..suppose nothing changed there..was contemplating server swap..dont know where to go though

2. OP
    OP
    Kaji

Kaji Member

3. OP
    OP
    Kaji

Kaji Member

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  4. afcca

afcca Member

Well, half of my guild (and seemingly half the server too) has quit because of the lack of new content before WoD. I'd like to know how many people are leaving because of the stupidity that is Blizzard. I'll let my sub run out in mid december and that'll probably be it, again.

5. Euphoreia

Euphoreia Member

Have you guys got heroic Garrosh down? It was released only 8 weeks ago, gotta cut Blizzard some slack...

6. afcca

afcca Member

I'm not in a raiding guild. You have to think about the fact that something like 70% of the WoW community won't get to even see heroic garrosh, let alone get him down. Yes, 8 weeks it's been out. How will you feel after SIX OR SO MONTHS of farming exactly the same thing has occurred with no new content.

7. leroyxx

leroyxx Member

Well by then should be able to faceroll him down in 6 or so months :)

But seriously, people who play hardcore, they will be bored by now, and a bleak outlook for the next little while cause 5.4 was supposed to be the last major patch before the next expansion.

Others, like myself, who are more casual, will probably only be ready for heroic raids not long before the new expansion.. Not to mention the multitude of alts that i have that I would love to be at 90 and geared as well.. 2 of a full server at 90, one geared partially atm, the rest 86 and below. Plenty of things to do still, legendary cloak to be gotten even, I took a break after xmas last year for a few months as well, so I still have new content to see, done timeless isle but the one before haven't even touched.

I'm pretty happy where I am at the moment, If I could I'd be a hardcore player, but work, kids and a life rule that out, a few hours a night is about all I can commit to WoW, and for a lot of players, that is more than they can commit even. I guess that makes me a casual, slow player, I don't expect things to be handed to me, but things like lfr let me see content that I otherwise wouldn't see, Flex I might manage to fluke a group perhaps, but will probably never see Heroic, let alone Normal Garrosh. For the most, that doesn't worry me, but it means that I don't have a chance to get that il gear that others will. I simply do the best that I can in the time that I have to devote to any gaming.

Servers will quieten down over the next few months, which is a shame, but you know they will be back come the next xpac. I don't notice it that much as I'm on a low pop Alli server, but horde dominated... That means less horde, which can only be a good thing :)

8. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

Finally a weapon drop for my hunter.

13/14 and first bow drop was bis warforged, loving it as upgrade from thunderforged ToT bow.

9. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

anyone having WoW issues tonight? my game keeps disconnecting and refusing to stay connected, getting epic lag tho my lag meter is dark green and I can't load the WoW website but my internet is running fine. My LFR group apparantly half the raid team went offline the same time I did...

tho my bro is fine and he's on internode. I wonder if soemthing died for Bigpond

10. BoutS

BoutS Member

Im on optarse and I just logged into jubi and all guild doing coordibated dcs...yet I seem to remain connected.

I ask is someone loggin 10chars at once or something and then say to one who replied "ye where from austrlia".

Oh well :p

11. Euphoreia

Euphoreia Member

You can't complain about no new content 8 weeks after new stuff has been released, and you haven't beaten it.

12. Grom Hellscream

Grom Hellscream Member

Not everyone has the time to commit to heroic raiding though. Been there, done that, can't do it anymore thanks to a change in career. Still play wow but casually, and yeah it does get stale quickly.

13. Ap0c

Ap0c Member

Yeah i am a bit worried about this. I am currently sitting at 11/14 Heroic so at a conservative guess i'd say another 2 months and Garrosh wil be dead so then it's prob 5 months of farming the same content, mind you, instead of raiding 4 nights it will be 2 probably so hopefully i don't get burnt out before WoD.

14. Everlong

Everlong Member

For a subscription based service, yes, yes you can.

15. BoutS

BoutS Member

Expecting new content every few weeks?..come on.

Maybe if you paid $50 per month that may be a little realistic.

16. Everlong

Everlong Member

I don't think thats unreasonable at all, not every few weeks, but every 2 months, sure why not?

What are our subs paying for now until the expansion? Server maintenance?

17. BoutS

BoutS Member

With the details in world design and complexities behind boss fights and tuning..I think new end game content on a 4-6 month cycle is acceptable..considering q n a/design/etc

18. afcca

afcca Member

When did anyone say we wanted new content every few weeks? SoO has been out since September 4. Yes release of the bosses was staggered, but the content has been in the game for almost 3 months. If you look at the percentage of players that have killed heroic Lei Shen TODAY you will see that even though it's old content, the vast majority of players don't even step foot into heroic raiding, so saying it's content for everyone is complete bullshit.

I was a hardcore raider from Vanilla to ICC so I get what you're saying, but it simply isn't valid when the majority of the people playing the game won't do it. For most people the last bit of content THE ENTIRE EXPANSION WILL GET is the Timeless Isle which died off weeks ago, which is what we're complaining about. We wouldn't be having this conversation if Blizzard said in the coming months there would be content added, they said it WAS NOT COMING AT ALL.

You also need to look at the fact WoD isn't even in alpha stages, so it's a freaking long way off, and they have nothing at all planned for the mean time. So what if you beat garrosh in the next few weeks? What will you do for the next 6-10 months of waiting for WoD?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  19. BoutS

BoutS Member

I can see the point, not thats its any justification but no other mmo has such frequent exacs/updated content as frequently as wow.

20. afcca

afcca Member

Rift used to every 2 months or so. May not of been heaps of content but it was content none the less. Blizzard is probably the slowest MMO with releasing content...

Actually, looking at the patch dates, rift had a content patch every month for quite a while.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013