1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

WOW WoW Mists of Pandaria Pandathread

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Kaji, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Shawry

Shawry Member

Well aware of the item squish. They've done it before and they'll do it again. :rolleyes:

2. moist.au

moist.au (Banned or Deleted)

Yup, and I am currently playing CBT for another MMO that is unfortunately still under NDA, that suffers from the exact same movement and responsiveness problem that most other MMOs suffer.

This is what I am talking about, as subtle as it may seem, it's a HUGE turn off for me and many people:

Unfortunately the CBT game I am playing at the moment suffers a lot worse than GW2 did.

I am seriously banging my head against a wall, and wondering why they can't seem to get this right. These are fantasy MMOs. There is no realism in any facet of the game, but when it comes to movement, they try to get your character to move and sway in a realistic manner, which makes it sometimes so frustrating to play.

And spot on about the ilvl inflation. I remember in vanilla, from the start of MC, through to the end of vanilla Naxx, the ilvl increase was at most, what, 25-30 - if that? I have no idea why they didn't keep that consistent.

3. Elyzion

Elyzion Member

Both games do it... I don't know how that video claims "no sliding" when its clearly sliding, just not as much as guild wars.

4. moist.au

Seriously? Lol have a closer look!

All you need to do is login to wow, jump left, jump right, forward-left, forward-right, strafe, circle strafe. Then go ahead and do the same in GW2. If you can't notice the difference then something is wrong. :Paranoid:

5. Elyzion

Elyzion Member

Just logged into WoW... it slides... but like I say, not as much as guild wars...

6. moist.au

Lol fair enough. It's instantaneous for me. I'm strafing right, I hit strafe left and it instantly shifts left, no deceleration or anything, no over the top animations, it works exactly like most FPS games do when you change direction. :confused:

7. Elyzion

Elyzion Member

When WoW servers are lagging, animations stops completely for me. You get a static character moving around the map. Happened few times over the last couple of weeks.

Speaking of which, I've played 11 days, level 58, and I'm bored. Struggling to play because I'm so bored...

8. moist.au

Yeah, the servers have been unstable the last few weeks for some reason. This is common in any online game though. If the server lags, you move around the world still, but nothing comes into view. That's not at all what I'm talking about with regard to the movement responsiveness though.

11 days played in this day and age is a long time to be only level 58. :Paranoid: are you sitting at the bar RPing?? :lol:

9. Shawry

Shawry Member

I'd be bored too if I didnt have anyone to play with, or chat shit with while playing. Dont expect miracles if just levelling up by yourself...

10. Elyzion

Elyzion Member

The server lag thing was just mentioning it, its funny when it happens. Because sometimes its just super slow so I can see other party members ghosting around as well.

Well I've been in the 50s for a few days. Just so boredddddd. Doing the same thing over and over, with the same party of people, talk heaps but its just a grind.

11. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

They're not unstable, there's been a couple of dipshit groups who have been DDOSing major online services (They've hit Blizzard, Riot, Disney, Steam and a few others). Derp Trolling is one, I don't know the other off the top of my head.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  12. Everlong

Everlong Member

and original Paladins, 3 months :p

If you don't like it Elyzion then stop playing it. If I don't like a game I just stop playing it. And stop trying to convince us all it's a bad game, we know it has its failings but we have fun playing it, and its been out so long now that we have probably now heard the opinion of every single EQ player that its not like EQ.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  13. Ap0c

Ap0c Member

Hit 579 ilvl tonight
    13th most geared oceanic toon, No.1 Prot warrior. Happy with that!!

14. Dingarth

Dingarth Member

Linky armory. I want to drool :weirdo:

15. Ap0c

Ap0c Member

16. nathanblogs

nathanblogs Member

pfft paladins had it easy once they could get to plaguelands :p

17. nathanblogs

nathanblogs Member

18. Ap0c

Ap0c Member

Nah he's not the leader. Don't know who he is, i've only been with em for 2 months and i'm already the most geared in the guild lol :leet:

19. DarkStyle

DarkStyle Member

You find that when they recruit for a position nobody wants to play.

20. warrior

warrior Member

Raid tanks are usually not that hard to come by, its just the lower tier stuff they are a struggle to find.

At least thats my take on it playing only tanks :p

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014