WOW WoW Mists of Pandaria Pandathread

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Kaji, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Spacenoodle

Spacenoodle Member

So, I haven't played WoW in years, I picked up Mists of Panderia and I put 1 month on my account out of curiosity, and I have no idea what is going on, everything is totally different, talent trees are gone and I totally forgot how to play.

If anyone wants to buddy up and show me if this game is worth playing again send me a PM. I'm on Frostmourne 1 char alliance and horde.

2. DarKAu

DarKAu Member

The for the advice so far. There seems to be a lot of choice even for warrior DPs. Any recommendation on which to take? I'm not sure which race is the best? But I'm leaning towards arms.

3. Sub_Atomic

Sub_Atomic Member

Arms is the easiest and less reliant on gear. Fury is expert mode to be honest. It's fun when you get it though.

4. DarKAu

DarKAu Member

I was thinking I should start a frost DK once I get unlock it? It looks fun.

5. twisar

twisar Member

Ive always found DKs to be fun.

6. El Nermo Diablo

El Nermo Diablo Member

Arms in BC, Fury in WoTLK, Arms/Prot in Cata and Pandaria. I didn't get out of LFR gear in Pandaria and found Arms to be fun. Fury is very gear reliant (higher ilevs) and need to hit soft caps on most stats and push around 40% crit to be effective.

Ill level as Arms/Prot in WoD, then no question Ill roll Gladiator :thumbup: DPS with a sword and shield has too much appeal!

That and I have some weird fetish with shield slam....

Its a personal preference. Ive always found DK/Paladin DPS a bit lacking (I love warrior mobility). Tanking is another story....

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  7. GumbyNoTalent

GumbyNoTalent Member

FURY for life... Arms is for ballerinas who like to twirl. ;)

8. DarKAu

DarKAu Member

Aight...I did some pub raids and dungeon using the finder. Seems fun. Not sure how to go about getting better gear, since I can't solo anything.

9. Submariner

Submariner Member

Not sure what is your gear level, but if you like PVP you could grind out some honor (522) and conquest gear(550) and that includes weapons. Timeless isle is still easiest way to get starter gear and you do Celestials once a week for a chance at some decent gear.

http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/timeless-isle

10. Shawry

Shawry Member

We should run an OCAU flex raid to help out some of the newer/returning players.
    I'd carry some low geared people and teach them all the fights :thumbup:
    Should be a few better geared players than I around as well...

11. DarKAu

DarKAu Member

I'm keen lol :>

12. wolfie870

wolfie870 Member

Jumped back on a month ago as 85. Amazing how fast you can gear up! Timeless isle + LFR = 520 ilvl In a few weeks.

Bit disappointed at the state of warriors though, self healing for soloing old content is nowhere where it was in previous expansions. And I'm out DPS'ed by several classes with similar gear.

Just got emailed a WOD beta key, reckon it would sell on eBay?

13. Submariner

Submariner Member

A friend of mine, who has not played for around a year, jumped on his level 85 and in less than 2 weeks has 519 ilvl and is LFR as a Blood tank.

Check out his gear, he is up to SoO:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/jubeithos/Omgsixtyfour/simple

Hope he does not see this :)

14. Everlong

Everlong Member

You can sell justice points for honor and buy 522 pieces that way. You lose 50% of value in the trade but you accumulate justice pretty quickly if you dungeon run

15. gruntLOL

gruntLOL Member

Just wondering if anyone who pre-ordered WoD got a beta key as I just received one. I'm in two minds to use it. If I do I'm sort of going to spoil to xpac for me but I would like to see garrisons and stuff. On top of that I play much less than the average player (in fact I only resubbed last week for WoD).

If not anyone got a key I might give mine away maybe. Try and pay it forward.

16. dinkleton

dinkleton Member

Just create a level 100 toon on the max level realm; test out spells and new talents etc. - that's what I did, completely avoided new levelling/PVE content so as to not spoil levelling in WoD.

17. M United

M United Member

New expansion any good? Been contemplating having another whirl but i haven't played for a while. Last kill was lich king 10m hard mode and Sindrigosa 25m hard mode. Bet the game has changed heaps since then.

18. Sugarfly

Sugarfly Member

I wouldn't mind helping out new players/returners with some flex runs I need the motes anyway.

I didn't receive a beta invite so if anyone does not want theirs I will gladly take it off your hands so I can do some class testing with my guild.

19. sjaeger172004

sjaeger172004 Member

dam double posted

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  20. sjaeger172004

sjaeger172004 Member

I'm up with a flex to help people might have a few guildies maybe interested I'm alliance amanfail 575 bm huntard :p

but will need notice and give btag via only PM whomever organises it.