1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

WOW WoWstalgia

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by CAPT-Irrelevant, Aug 30, 2009.

1. GTZLevin

GTZLevin Member

Ya quest chain was epic.. i loved it.

Basically told to seek out an allied dragonkin in human form with no directions or clues.. WTF.. was until i did another quest in UBRS that i got the clue i needed..

stupid haleh in winterspring.

2. Geoffwadsworth

Geoffwadsworth Member

Totalling forgot about that. That was so cool. I stuffed it up so bad.

Spent 3 days doing the winterspring guy. My kiting sucked until then.

Then did the demon lady in Ungoro in a raid so had to do it twice.

Was Epic fun but.

3. DavoRulz

DavoRulz (Banned or Deleted)

I leveled my pally in vanilla.

Judge, seal.
    Flash of light.
    Judge, seal.
    ZOMG AN UNDEAD EXO, OOM aw :(

Then came the strat and ubrs farming so I had a hope in hell of getting into a raid. I even had a phase where I refused to run with rogues after one **** stole my lightforge chestpiece I farmed UBRS for 3 weeks to get. I only saw it once :'(

Also don't forget 5hour BRD Emp runs. Fuck that instance was a nightmare.

4. aftahours

aftahours News Monkey

Heh, Alandalf. Name sounds so familiar. From Frostmourne originally? TnT?

5. Kaji

Kaji Member

Ony chain was mostly epic apart from Jailbreak.

Yeaaaaaaa, fuck you Windsor.

6. trickma

trickma Member

Speaking of wowstalgia, it's been over 3 years since I last played and I miss it :(

7. OP
    OP
    CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

DOO EET!!!!1!!!!111!!1

8. SeraphMog

SeraphMog Member

If I have any nostalgic memories, they tend to be from more of the social part of the game, playing with people rather than anything from the content.

I mean yeah, I guess there was some 'epicness' (what is this meant to mean specifically anyway?) but if you went back and played vanilla or even TBC now you'd cancel your subscription pretty quick.

9. Joehax

Joehax Member

I stopped playing a few days after getting the leaf from MC :(

10. shredR

shredR Member

Ahh this thread has bought up a few memories..

As a person who has recently stopped playing WoW (3-4 Months ago) i have to agree with everyone else who said that Vanilla WoW was the best WoW by far.. Looking back now on those times i had playing in V-WoW nothing has matched it since in either TBC or WOTLK... I remember first playing and how much fun it was.. I remember first walking into Stormwind, getting a group together for stockades with my mates. I remember my first MC/BWL.. Wow what fun it was when people actually had to know their class, actually had to CC mobs.. Although frustrating at times, it made the game alot more fun and rewarding.. Now in instances you just get 1-2 tanks and they tank everything.. No Mages Sheeping, No Warlocks Banishing/Enslaving...

I don't know if ill go back to WoW when Cataclysm comes out.. If it is aimed at reliving the content of past it's going to be great i reckon, but also a shame as what we first experienced when we started playing is now no longer going to exist.. =(

11. GTZLevin

GTZLevin Member

i havent read up anything on cataclysm.. only that its zones are coming back to azeroth which is sorta cool i suppose. maybe a bit half assed.. but since they increased the leveling rate im sure theres patches of territory basically untouched these days.

What exactly are they re-using in terms of intances and raids!?

Nothing is ever going to beat the nub'ness that was your first ever MC raid in blues... 40 ppl being wiped out by the first trash pull at the door.

the warlocks summoning ppl in, creating 40 healthstones and farming shards... the 5min pally rebuffs.. often during a fight so you tanks wouldnt loose a massive 800HP..

12. Iro

Iro Member

Chromaggus and Decursive.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Yawn

13. hazuki

hazuki Member

QFT +1:thumbup:

I miss Vanilla WoW. Farming for rep and actually getting the exhalted items really made the difference in Raids and PvP. Now it is easy and almost expected that you have it.

14. GTZLevin

GTZLevin Member

or those said exhaulted items are replaced by lol epics from the first few boss's..

15. Kaji

Kaji Member

You must be insane. How the fuck were those rep grinds fun?

16. JamalH

JamalH Member

One bad thing about WoW i found was it held me back from playing other awesome games, something i really enjoy now.

I didnt enjoy my WoW time for years, it felt like a job.

17. shredR

shredR Member

It wasn't so much the rep grinds etc it was the fun of exploring and grouping with mates and actually having to concentrate and play the game properly..The gear now in WoW atm is just so shit imo.. I enjoyed PvP for quite some time (More so in V-WoW and TBC) not so much in WOTLK... Easy PvP gear made the game shit.. And it's like now, the game has so much emptiness in it... First out lands came out, then wotlk, which just leaves a shit load of empty space.. Sure you experience these zones when you level but imo it's just a shame that all the old aspects of the game have pretty much gone... For the last couple of months i played before i stopped, when i logged in, i did the SAME SHIT all the time.. I did the piss easy raids (OS/VOA/PVP DAILY/SIT IN DAL/RIDE IN DAL/AFK IN DAL/TALK SHIT IN DAL/TRY ORGANISE ARENA/PARTNER GOES OFFLINE/FAIL/2-3 HOURS GONE).. Where can Blizzard go after Cataclysm? They are revamping the original zones.. They must be short of ideas... Just a shame they are revamping the old just to keep people interested in the game... All those original zones we remembered on those numerous characters we leveled will be changed forever.. grrr
    /endrant
    :(

18. Rem0

Rem0 Member

Repeat after me
    E-x-a-l-t-e-d
    Exalted!

:p

19. hazuki

hazuki Member

Yeah dunno Kaji... probably just too much time on my hands ... though the fun was mainly on Ventrilo while rep farming in big groups with some seriously drunk and crazy people which made it funny and entertaining for me. :)

20. OP
    OP
    CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

Mate, you need to read up on Lore, because it sounds like you have NFI.

They're not running "short of ideas" for "revamping the original zones". If you read up why they're doing it, it makes it all part of the plot.

It seems you lack this understanding of it.