X570 motherboard availability

Discussion in 'AMD x86 CPUs and chipsets' started by OzJustin, Jun 4, 2020.

1. OzJustin

OzJustin Member

Hi all

I know with all the issues around the world the last few months, motherboard, PSU and RAM etc availability has been scarce.

Any idea when we might start to see stock normalise again? I'm looking into a new X570 motherboard, but most are out of stock. I'd love to secure one at EOFY prices but I'm not confident that there will be any sales on them given the low stock. Thoughts from anyone in the industry?

2. zoki_007

zoki_007 Member

3. OP
    OP
    OzJustin

OzJustin Member

I’ve been looking at the Asus Strix X570-E but only from my preferred stores (Computer Alliance & PCCG). Both are out of stock, as are many other stores. Some of the new B550 boards have me rethinking things though as the prices are much more competitive. Prices on PC gear generally seem to be substantially higher than 12 months ago unfortunately.

4. Phido

Phido Member

Bigger issue is shops bringing in B550 stock and not reordering x570 stock, as its expected B550 will be generally pretty quite popular, and eventually cheaper than comparable x570 boards. There is a lot of x570 and B550 overlap.
    AUD has taken a bit of battering over the last few months although it tapping onto $.7 usd now.

Not in all cases. They are still waiting for mitx x570 on preorders..

5. Hotrod2go

Hotrod2go Member

Bit of an old thread but for what it's worth, got my X570 board within few days from PCCG only earlier this week.

OzJustin likes this.
  6. dexx

dexx Member

Some nice prices on board from Amazon US.
    Asus AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus is delivered for around $A295.
    Asus Prime X570-P is about $A240
    MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS is $A280

Hotrod2go likes this.