Xbox Game Pass on PC

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Sphinx2000, May 31, 2019.

1. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

Also what's interesting to note is that some of the new games on gamepass/ms store are entirely new ports/versions compared to their steam or previous releases.

Nier: Automata is a QLOC port and contains a lot of the fixes for issues that are present in the steam version.
    The Evil Within is essentially a remaster:
    [​IMG]

walker_2003 likes this.
  2. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Nice never got around to playing that. I'll see if I can handle it haha. Re7 was too much. No ammo and got grabbed by baddies, alt+f4

MrBS likes this.
  3. Sledge

Sledge Member

Old news..
    Did you even check the last few comments in here?

4. rickbishop

rickbishop Member

So just be sure to check often. I've been saving my microsoft rewards to buy Doom Eternal Deluxe Edition. The plan was to get 3 x $25 gift cards from my rewards and pay cash for the rest, and I was only about 1000 points away from achieving this.

However, the microsoft rewards page made me have a look at gamepass, and there's a shitload of stuff on special at the moment. Doom Eternal Deluxe Edition? $47.95. I just got two $25 gift cards from my rewards points and got it for free.

5. power

power Member

i don't know why anyone would rejoice, this is fucking bullshit and tells the original owners of these games that the devs and publishers don't care about them.

jjjc_93 likes this.
  6. rickbishop

rickbishop Member

What makes you think that they ever did, apart from getting your cash?

No company is going to remaster a game and give it away for free.

7. power

power Member

I take it you didn't follow these games?

Nier is broken on Steam to this day and calling TEW a remaster is a stretch beyond stretches. my favourite part of the below video happens when John goes ballistic at the required bethesda.net login to adjust settings, this fucking cracked me up.

And on top of that being Windows Store versions, no mods to fix this crappy release! REJOICE!!!!!!!!!

8. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

probably something we're going to see a lot more of as ms/xbox go big on gamepass tbh

9. power

power Member

embrace, extend, extinguish.

10. OP
    OP
    Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass: Red Dead Online, Final Fantasy X/X-2, FIFA 21, and More
    https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/05/03/xbox-game-pass-coming-soon-may-2021/

Coming Soon:

Dragon Quest Builders 2 (Console and PC) – May 4
    FIFA 21 (Console and PC) EA Play – May 6
    Outlast 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – May 6
    Steep (Cloud and Console) – May 6
    Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (Console and PC) – May 13
    Just Cause 4: Reloaded (Cloud, Console, and PC) – May 13
    Psychonauts (Cloud, Console, and PC) – May 13
    Red Dead Online (Cloud and Console) – May 13
    Remnant: From the Ashes (PC) – May 13

DLC / Game Updates:

Fallout 76: Locked and Loaded Update
    Gears: Tactics Anniversary
    Grounded April Update
    Halo Infinite PC Update
    Minecraft: Free R2-D2 Beanie – Available until May 6
    Sea of Thieves: Reapers vs. The World – Available until June 22

11. Phalanx

Phalanx Member

Feels so disappointing after so many months of amazing game releases :lol: I thought Red Dead Online was free anyway, it's loaded with microtransactions from what I've heard and not worth it. Then a 5 year old snowboarding game, the disappointing JC game and Psychonauts just because Microsoft owns Double Fine now and there's a sequel coming out this year.

Plus how are they updating Halo Infinite? Don't you need to release a game to update it? Or are they just giving us an update on how that's going? (edit: I decided to click the link. Yup, that's exactly what they're doing)

Looking forward to Remnant though, yet another Dark Souls clone but hey, everyone clones that for a reason.

bart5986 likes this.
  12. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Just so you know Remnant was 100% free on Epic a while ago which further makes the xbox pass update disappointing.

I wouldn't have minded this month if Red Dead Online was PC as well, but oh well, hopefully next month is better.

Phalanx likes this.
  13. Phalanx

Phalanx Member

I didn't even notice RDO and Steep weren't PC, a really disappointing month :sick:

I actually picked up an xbox recently to use as a 4k bluray drive (it was $275 with 24 months game pass, silly not to), although I'm thinking about getting rid of it already. Pretty much everything is on PC so there's not a lot of point, but I should have a closer look through what's available on console vs PC first.

14. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

Microsoft are intentionally blurring the lines between their console lineup and PC I think, all of their first party games have been coming over to PC and PC gamepass. Even Sony are jumping on board with bringing games over to PC now, seems like they're seeing the value in having their titles available to a wider audience as opposed to locked down exclusives (console competitors aside).

the_fuzz likes this.
  15. OP
    OP
    Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member