Xbox Game Pass

Discussion in 'Microsoft Consoles' started by power, Mar 1, 2017.

1. power

power Member

I'm sure our region will get screwed but it does sound like a good deal - unfortunately if you ask me there are now way too many subscription services.

http://www.xbox.com/en-AU/games/xbox-game-pass

The Know have a bit of a TLDR. It does sound great and better value than PS Now.

They are touting it as Netflix for games and could be a huge hit, subscribers also get a discount on other games and is designed to compliment Games With Gold so if a game has multi you need both.

2. stitch512

stitch512 Member

Honestly I don't think our region will have any impact on what games will be on the service. The reason why Netflix has such a different library in each region is because of who owns the rights to what in said region. Since that N/A for games, we should be golden :).

It is a good deal for those who don't already have a lot of the older games, I will judge what value I will get out of it at the start but even if I only want around 10 or so games from the start, then that's good enough for me.

3. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

should have clarified, was talking price.

4. stitch512

stitch512 Member

Oh right, I expect $15. Which is what I currently pay for Netflix which is fine.

This seems like a PS Now done right and way cheaper. Can't hurt to have more options.

5. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

fucking the know...always using clickbaity titles in their vids.

6. stitch512

stitch512 Member

Well gamestops share price did take a dive after the announcement last night and this service would directly target used game sales in trying to bring back life into older games.

So while yes the title is super click baity, there is some truth in it.

7. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

they bitched how BF1 wasn't equal in gender because it didn't have female soldiers....fuck they don't do their research, i bet that was meg's doing!

hence my uninterest in having them be my source of gaming news.

8. stitch512

stitch512 Member

OK yeah that's just....wow. Admittedly, BF1 is quite a stretch at being an accurate representation of WW1.

9. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

WW1 did have female soldiers but they were a such a small percentage that they were mainly used for propaganda purposes. IIRC the Russians had this and they were disbanded after a while. Also, the Russians aren't even a playable country in the game. there's rebuttal videos on youtube if you search it.

i never expected it to be 100% accurate but expecting female soldiers in that time is a bit too much from a historical stance.

but my point is that the know doesn't fact check their shit some times and it annoys me.

10. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

for anyone waiting for this it's coming June 1st.

11. MrBS

MrBS Member

Available right now for people with Gold, can do a 14 day trial if you're so inclined.

Not for me but for the person with no games picking up a sub day one this could be incredible value.

12. stitch512

stitch512 Member

Seeing the list available and the amount of games I already own on that list makes me realize I buy way too many games lol.

I'm interested as I have never played DmC and Mad Max but that's not enough to subscribe. If the bioshock collection was the Xbox One version I would have been all over it.

It's actually a pretty good list of games, but I don't think I'm in the target audience for this service.

13. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

If I could have a sub service that gave me unlimited games for a fixed price (ala netflix) I'd be up for it.

I've thinking for a while that steam should implement something like this and get some publishers on board.

A subscription that just gives free trials (... in my day we had demos), early releases and small discounts is pretty shitty imo.

14. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

$10.95 AUD per month doesn't sound half bad for a "Netflix of games" service if you have decent Internet to keep deleting/downloading GBs of games.
    14 day trial. Minimum 100 titles too.:thumbup:

15. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

What service gives free trials, early releases and discounts? Gamepass gives you full titles. If you're referring to Live Gold, while it does give some early access its mostly for online play, and it also gives you full free titles.

Looks like a great service, although I likely won't subscribe.

16. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

EA access/origin access

17. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

I wish Origin access covered you on console and PC with one sub. :(

This service will be great for those who go into the shops and trade used games a lot.

I think this is actually getting more like what MS had envisioned for the XB1 at launch, you remember that disastrous E3 launch where they told you that you couldn't resell your games and there'd be no disc drive? That one.

I see this as the future of games, a bunch of subs and access to most stuff and then a premium model for new releases where the games are ludicrous prices and absolutely everything is digital.

MS and others are doing a lot right but I'm not 100% looking forward to this future where publishers control your library and the whole distribution chain.

18. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

It gives lobbyist turds more power to perma-ban games and then have them actually removed from your library too. Most of the services as is will remove them from the store but if you already 'own' it you keep it.

19. BuD

BuD Member

i much prefer digital only i just wish one i was done with a game i could sell it. thats the only isue for me at the moment
    else my kids scratch and wreck the game disks which then makes it bad to resell plus it sux taking disks in and out

20. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

Well the end game of digital is no reselling.