1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Xbox One, Xbox One S Discussion

Discussion in 'Microsoft Consoles' started by Arch-Angel, Nov 17, 2011.

1. claf-43

claf-43 Member

I think I'll try getting he cheaper price on the console on Friday, it's paid for, but I'll hopefully get some back.

2. Nikoy

Nikoy Member

Wasn't an option when I ordered... They only had pre order for delivery.

3. p3t0r

p3t0r Member

Ha!

walked into DSE and they had $10 deposit and get an additional $10 off the cost of any XBO game pre-order. I asked if they would price match BigW AND honour the $10 extra - they said no :thumbdn:

Well it was worth a try..

4. trop

trop Member

Fair enough.

5. botlfed

botlfed Member

Just paid off the remainder of my xbone at EB and added DR3 aswell. Unfortunately they stuffed up my preorder last week and I've ended up with the standard edition of Forza instead of the limited like I'd asked for :/ Have to hope on the day that they have a spare copy now, gg EB.

6. claf-43

claf-43 Member

Mine almost 'lost' my PS4 preorder... imagin how I was feeling given it's lack of availability.

7. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

i asked mine if i could transfer what i'd paid off on it (all of it) to my xbone to make budgeting easier... was told they'd have to cancel the order... nearly jumped across the desk when i said FORGET IT!

8. iinsom

iinsom Member

And away it goes!
    Your order #derp is all bundled up and has just left our warehouse!
    If you'd like to track your order while it's travelling through the Australia Post network, click here

Just got the email that my parcel has left, maybe it was because i complained?

9. ice_cool

ice_cool Member

Verge Review

The Xbox1 is pretty much how i expected it to be. Some great ideas, but whether MS could pull it off is another question:

I'm thinking this will definitely get better, but seems clunky atm. My gut feeling is that this console generation is the previous generation in reverse. Xbox1 has far more great ideas, but it seems like something which will be fully implemented in a couple of years.

Which is perfect because that's when I reckon I'll buy one.

10. DiGiTaL MoNkEY

DiGiTaL MoNkEY Inverted Monkey

Going off what they did from the launch of Xbox 360 to what the Xbox 360 is today...i'd say they are a good horse to bet in this race. Even just comparing the multiple dashboard revisions and tweaks.

Compare what the PS3 was at launch, and what it is today.

If I were to look at those consoles and make a prediction for the future (just based on that) i'd back the Xbox One. But Sony has learnt from it's mistake (or so it seems) so it will be interesting to see how the next couple of years turn out.

but I don't think you can go wrong either way.

11. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

i dunno but it feels that cloud is the next-gen cell processor in a way that xbox one games may not use the cloud like the difficulty in developing for the cell processor in the PS3.

12. DiGiTaL MoNkEY

From what I've read it's really an optional feature. In the end, the more mindless tasks they can get off the console, the better they can utilise it's performance.

13. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

if they can do that for multi-platform games on the xbox one then probably might give them an edge by so far the launch games aren't showing it.

14. DiGiTaL MoNkEY

I'd say the majority of launch games are lucky to be out on time, let along use all of the touted features.

From what I know Forza is meant to be the first game and utilizes Microsoft's servers.

15. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

i hope future games make use of ESRAM.

16. stitch512

stitch512 Member

After reading multiple reviews, most say the same thing. It is very ambitious, however at the moment not quite there. But the foundations are there and a far better start than what there was for the 360, and look how that turned out.

17. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

so xbox has the better infrastructure but PSN has better game deals?

18. The Beast

The Beast Member

I agree both will offer great entertainment, no argument there. Which will offer better value and richer experience, that's a different argument and pretty subjective.

What I don't quite understand is your assertion that the 360 interface got better, and the PS3 one became worse. Is that what you're saying?

Having had both consoles long enough to remember firmware 1.00 on PS3 and blades on Xbox, I simply can't agree that the 360 has become (relatively) a better machine. Blow for blow, the PS3 added features before the 360 this entire gen. Both are slightly bloated and slow now, but PS3 has still retained the relative simplicity and functionality of the XMB, whilst the 360 is now an ad ridden mess than confuses me every time I turn it on.

Given the Xbone is based on Metro, I wouldn't even put a fiver on it's UI this gen.

Apologies if I've misinterpreted what you were trying to say.

The problem with cloud is that it's non-persistent. It's not like Cell where devs at least know that if they optimise for it, it will be there in every console. I can't see much being offloaded in the end, because devs have to plan for offline consoles. I definitely can't see multiplats using the cloud to equal performance (not that that's a real thing anyway cloud /= extra GPU) for exactly the same reason.

19. gbh

gbh Member

20. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member