1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Xbox One, Xbox One S Discussion

Discussion in 'Microsoft Consoles' started by Arch-Angel, Nov 17, 2011.

1. stitch512

stitch512 Member

Pretty certain it does not need to be connected at all. The main issue the reviewers had with it was that you needed to say specific things for it to register and work (and sometimes still didnt). I will use it, I hooked up my 360 to the main tv last night as we will still use it for renting movies / xbox music and the kinect voice control worked fine....when I was within 3m of it. Was extremely hit and miss from further back. If kinect 2 can have a longer range to hear us without yelling then I don't think it will be bad at all.

2. solid_snake

solid_snake Member

Not a big fan of the Kinect but it does have some cool features, such as head-tracking etc

Apparently you can use it to lean in BF4 and to look around when driving etc

3. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

4. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

Xbox Infinity!

5. p3t0r

p3t0r Member

My local 24 hour Kmart store has a total of ..... ONE console for sale at midnight tonight haha

I saw it on the counter and they refused to hold it for me or put it on layby tonight. It was the FIFA edition for $579

6. power

power Member

yeah I saw this, is this the one where they plug a 360 into a One as well?

7. Ingy

Ingy Member

Just went and finalised my pre-order from EB games. They price matched Big W's price on the console and games ($578 for console and $68 on games). They gave me 2k14 and Battlefield 4 - which is pointless because I can't play them until later on anyway!

Not long now!

8. claf-43

claf-43 Member

Picked up a few games matched at $68 even though they aren't actually that price.. namely Madden.

Score :)

9. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

my DR3 + controller + play n charge just shipped from JB, shipping with Toll so should get it tomorrow :D

10. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

having an xbox party? if so i want in LOL

11. claf-43

claf-43 Member

I'm gonna have problems carrying things home today, got both the ACIV Bucaneer at EB and my ACIV PS4 Black Chest Edtn (much bigger) also arrived in the mail.

The box is probably bigger then Gears 3's statue one...

Not Quite Black Ops 2 Prestige's Crate though, that was stupid.

12. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

yeah i'm going to go up and collect games n shit today hopefully... then i don't have to worry about anything but the console tonight... getting my AC4 Bucaneer PS4 today too :)

13. claf-43

claf-43 Member

You can carry that in a bag, luckily.....

I saw the statue there months ago, had it on the counter for display with a lovely clear box on it. Substantially bigger then any other model, really need to figure out where the hell I'll put them.

Looks like NFS Rivals got pushed back a week, shame that, would have tried to scam it for $68 tomorrow :)

14. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

ah damn... i'll probably get it on ps4 anyway (NFS that is)... depends...

right now i'm going to judge my future choices on the controllers... from EB expo i loved the dual shock 4 and didn't really like the xbox one controller... if i change my mind after getting one home... my primary console choice may change too

i've been watching a lot of ps4 stuff and the interface has so many issues that the ps3 had and just doesn't impress me all that much... i'm sure it'll improve but if the xbox gives me a better experience (which i think it will based on the 360) it could sway me as well... but its still down to the controller for me

15. claf-43

claf-43 Member

Looking at the PS3 interface 6 years ago compared to what it is today... hardly changed really, pretty much exact the same. So maybe that PS4 one won't change. Only really the shopfront from memory, and it's still avg.

Then compare the 360's blades to the New GUI or whatever they called it, and then the current look... massive differences, probably over complicating it though.

16. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

PS3's interface was excellent.
    Easy to navigate and look through.

The 360's original interface was horrid. Cumbersome and insane.

17. claf-43

claf-43 Member

The blades wasn't cumbersome? you could access everything in a few seconds.

Compared to now, some very basic functions take many presses, or are buried away. They even make it harder to purchase games ffs.

18. 303-Acid

303-Acid Member

19. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

i disagree... always preferred the 360... blades were awesome... the one after it was good too (NXE)... the new one would be good... if it wasn't filled with bullshit i don't care about... which is probably what we'll get with the xbone sadly

the ps3 is trying to be simple... but its too simple with all its menus and sub menus... bah!

20. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

i had the feeling they weren't being to adventurous with the PS3's interface and possibly expand it and explore different options.