1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Xbox One, Xbox One S Discussion

Discussion in 'Microsoft Consoles' started by Arch-Angel, Nov 17, 2011.

1. stitch512

stitch512 Member

I had a grind when inserting my Forza disc this morning. Still loaded fine and is installing. Just waiting for the inevitable.

I just checked my usage (with iinet). I have used 34gb of freezone for the xbox one.....HOW THE FREAKING HELL!

Lots of updating that for sure. I wonder how long until iinet decide to scrap the xbox live deal considering the amount of data its using.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  2. joe_sixpack

joe_sixpack Member

Well my console is fucked, can't even insert game discs into the thing... :upset::thumbdn:

3. AthlonMan

AthlonMan (Banned or Deleted)

What? DOA?

4. trop

trop Member

Did it work at all or dead straight out of the box?

5. joe_sixpack

joe_sixpack Member

drive is dead out of the box.. The rest of the Xbox appears fine, just the drive looks to be physically misaligned with the actual slot opening on the case. When I go to put a disc in its just like pushing it up against solid plastic but if I change the angle of insertion, downward ~15 degree and push the drive then realizes there's a disc there, starts to grind away, but doesn't actually grab the disc and load it.

Fail sauce.

6. claf-43

claf-43 Member

Shit, can you take it straight back and swap? Harvey Norman SHOULD do that.

7. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

i'm assuming if they said it quick enough and clearly enough... it _might_ work...

you have to say "xbox turn off" and then "yes" for it to shut down

luckily all mine did while watching the stream was record 30 seconds of pretty much nothing... its easy enough to just go into settings and disable kinect though... probably doesn't help i have my kinect right next to my center speaker

i never ran through the initial kinect configuration thing... so perhaps that has something to do with it? i've been unable to find any kind of configuration wizard since connecting it either... i just told it that it wasn't recognising me from the profiles screen... now it does and automatically signs me in when it sees me

8. AthlonMan

Just make sure it's not damaging the discs too.

9. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

yeah that'd be my biggest worry... check them and take them back too if its scratched them at all

10. claf-43

claf-43 Member

This, that's what I did too.

11. joe_sixpack

joe_sixpack Member

They swapped it for me, I'll setup the replacement on tonight and post results.

12. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

xbox.com is fucked again lol

13. AthlonMan

This is what happens when you begin and release a Console all within 1 year...

14. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

woo just got $40 for my fifa 14 code lol

15. unwritt3n

unwritt3n Member

Does anyone know if there is a good review of the console settings etc. Really looking at an in-depth look on the video/sound/blu-ray settings.

Does it bitstream over HDMI? (DTS Master-HD, Dolby TrueHD.)
    Blu-Ray play-back, OSD..
    Video settings, reference levels/resolution/white/black levels..

How in depth are all these?
    Also what sound format are games in? Dolby Digital and/or DTS? Or the HD equivalent?

16. AthlonMan

17. andyroo54

andyroo54 Member

The people that have problems with voice recognition are morons.. There is technique for using voice recognition systems, on any platform, even IVR systems (like when you call Telstra).

People that talk clearly and pronounce correctly should have no problems.

As much as I love MS, I just can't be bothered getting the console right now. It's certainly more compelling than the PS4, I mean you can't even stream a fucking movie on the PS4 wtf??

But the only games I'm interested in are Forza and Ryse, I know Ryse looks fantastic but it's short and not worth $700. I love cars etc but I always tire of racing games. That said the xb line up is still better than PS4, what do they even have on that thing? A couple low scoring mediocre titles, and yet people still keep claiming the PS4 is better for gaming?? Makes sense...

I will certainly get one, but not until Halo/Titanfall are released.

From reviews etc that I've seen, the software looks amazing, true multitasking, kinect looks awesome too. And I think that's impressive considering this is essentially "V1.0" in terms of public releases. You've only got to compare the initial 360 dash board to the current to get an idea of the fantastic advances that will occur over the life of the XB1.

I think it's clear the PS4 is still the more popular choice for launch anyway, but I really can't see it holding. I think once Tital fall and Halo are released, there will be a ALOT of 2nd hand PS4s coming onto the market, from people trading back to xbox.

I just wish Nintendo would give up on the wiiu and go to a 3rd party software dev like Sega did. I think Nintendo could do it much better than Sega did, they have a much stronger case.

Anyway, xbox one looks great, not ready to buy yet, def in a little bit.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  18. trop

trop Member

Interesting, honestly didn't think it would be moving as many in the same timeframe. 1 million is a massive amount of sales in 24hrs, especially when the PS4 did the same thing the week before.

Apparently the 3-4 people on these forums whinging are the only ones against this new generation of consoles. Hopefully with 2 sets of figures like that it will shut them up finally.

19. andyroo54

andyroo54 Member

I think the xbox was always going to sell well.. the xbox brand is so strong in the USA, that even the online nerds that all claimed to switch to PS4 don't make up a huge number.

20. hosh0

hosh0 Member

PS4 did it in one country though, Xbox was globally.