1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Xbox One, Xbox One S Discussion

Discussion in 'Microsoft Consoles' started by Arch-Angel, Nov 17, 2011.

1. 303-Acid

303-Acid Member

2. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

It's not 100% clear, but does this only work if you have an Xbox One console? If so, that's pretty lame. The only benefit will be if someone else in your family wants to use the TV, that way you can go play your Xbox on your PC...

If this is Xbox games playable on a PC using an official Xbox emulator, I am all for this as I won't need to buy the console to play the exclusives :D

3. MoMaN69

MoMaN69 Member

Its clearly not a emulator, its just the ability to play "anywhere" in the house.

I could put a small screen in my bathroom and play xbone while taking a shit...

4. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

Then I stand by my point... What a waste... People buy consoles for the big screen experience.

I'm not denying it's a nice feature, but honestly I could never see myself using it (Just like I don't use Steam network streaming or PS4 to Vita streaming, because they just provide an inferior experience to due lag over the wireless).

5. NerfDude

NerfDude Member

Reading through the link it seems to be a lot more than that. Some games will be able to played on a PC(with no xbox) vs xbox players.

6. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

That's just cross-platform play between PC and console version, it's not a new concept but it is good to see it may finally be supported (I'm assuming this is still dependant on devs porting their game to PC.)

7. The Beast

The Beast Member

That's been possible for years, in fact MS experiemented with it in the past and gave up on it due to the controller vs kb/m arguement, and the fact they didn't want to 'compromise' the XBL network.

PS3 did it with a few titles, Portal 2 (Steam and PSN players playing together) comes to mind.

I'd be surprised if it's actually used very often, one of the major problems with cross platform play is the version forking and/or the delta between patches release dates. Consoles certification is usually longer and less flexible than PC, so cross platform play would mean (potentially) slower updates, particularly for PC gamers.

8. scottath

scottath Member

9. newtosystems

newtosystems Member

10. MoMaN69

MoMaN69 Member

Just bought UFC for $11 what a bargain

11. SunDrifter

SunDrifter Member

12. scottath

scottath Member

Im hoping to be able to use the XBONE as a PVR almost - get 2 of the tuners and im all good :)
    Will be interesting..... Halo with KB/Mouse..... :p

13. Urauc

Urauc Member

I have been using PlayTV on my PS3 for the past couple of years for viewing Free to Air TV and as a PVR. I really like how snappy the interface is and how easy it is to record content. I'm keen to see how XBOX TV tuner works and integrates. The price is also refreshing. I always thought that PlayTV was quite expensive for what it is, but I have definitely got my moneys worth from it.

14. armbarcrash

armbarcrash Member

I bought this for my PS4 at $27, then saw the XB deal the next day...

Rage!

15. MoMaN69

MoMaN69 Member

Has anyone bought dying light yet, im a 50/50 so far...

16. gbh

gbh Member

Will Oneguide work with Foxtel does anyone know?
    As in, plug in the output of your Foxtel box straight into the XBONE HDMI in?

17. stitch512

stitch512 Member

As far as i can tell only free view, so it's completely useless to me still.

18. iinsom

iinsom Member

Apparently not!

19. newtosystems

newtosystems Member

you can plug it in. why would you need one guide if you are viewing through the xbox? you can just view the xbox guide

20. The Beast

The Beast Member

March update:

http://majornelson.com/2015/02/18/x...hots-suggested-friends-now-available-preview/

Apparently:

OneGuide for Australia – Support for OneGuide will continue in preview in Australia for free-to-air TV listings.

Xbox One Digital TV Tuner in Australia – Xbox One owners in Australia with an Xbox Digital TV Tuner can now use it with the preview builds of this month’s release.

They failed on grammar check, but otherwise good news I guess. Anyone using this care to comment? Is it actually useful?

Full list:

"Xbox take a screenshot 2 seconds ago."..."Dammit"