1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Xbox One, Xbox One S Discussion

Discussion in 'Microsoft Consoles' started by Arch-Angel, Nov 17, 2011.

1. cbb1935

cbb1935 Guest

I've bougght the PhantomS as well (just before christmas) ... but haven't had a chance to get it setup or use it yet.

Same reasoning as you..Xim4 was overpriced to blazes and not easily available in AU.

2. BuD

BuD Member

let me know how it goes and if it works pretty good. ill probably order mine from PCCG
    BF1 will be so much more fun

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  3. cbb1935

cbb1935 Guest

I got mine from Mwave on a Groupon Deal... I think it was like $50 or $35 or something.

4. BuD

BuD Member

wow thats awesome pccg was $90 odd

5. MadFruit

MadFruit Member

Awesome, thanks mate! Yeah if it was just that I would, but I fancy a bit of Mirrors Edge Catalyst too, so I think I should get about two months play out of it for both.

6. rthy

rthy Member

Anyone seen any decent xb1s bunbles at the moment?

EB has a 399 atm
    XBOX ONE S 500GB
    Division, BF1, Halo remastered + 5 and some 4k movie
    worth it?

7. HSV

HSV Member

Finished Life is Strange yesterday - that was fun, have not had a good point'n'click style game in a while. Was definitely worth the pickup in the Chrissy sales; got quite a few rare achievements too (I don't really go looking for achievements, but it was nice for the rare ones to pop up!)

8. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Knew that teacher was a cretin from the get go

9. FarQ

FarQ Member

I went with the XIM4. Having both the xb1s and ps4pro, i want to make sure that there are no compatibility issues with the unit and the newer consoles.

10. cbb1935

cbb1935 Guest

Silly question perhaps..

Do I NEED Xbox Live Gold, or EA Access? Both came with free trials with my OneS.

If I can get free games and still play after trials expired it's worth it I guess (like xb360 could).

Do I need Live Gold in order to play BF1 and Forza online?

11. PsydFX

PsydFX Member

Yes, you'll need it for online play.
    If you look around, you can usually find cheaper Gold subscription cards.

12. BuD

BuD Member

hi mate i looked at both and both seem to be very similar? just wondering why zim4 may be more compatible? its quite a price difference

13. cbb1935

cbb1935 Guest

Okay finally had a chance to test it:

Q: How well does it work?
    A: Not usable

After pissing about for a half an hour I got the keyboard to work fine (it was touchy with a G510S Logitech dropping in and out, but an older standard Logitech USB keyboard it was fine with.

Spent another 30 minutes trying to get the mouse movement working and gave up. Tried another game (Forza) and same issue.

Summary: Keyboard works fine, Mouse left and right click work, mouse movement does not. Product completely unusable as it is.

14. cbb1935

cbb1935 Guest

UPDATE:

UC410 (Phantom S) is now working after support from ATEN.

You need to have a USB Data & Power Cable into the controller, and all needs to be attached prior to turning on console using power button.

You also need to crank the mouse sensitivity right up, and ensure it's not a fancy keyboard.

Tested with MS Optical mouse and a G302 Logitech and both worked fine.

Still a minor issue with mouse creeping down, but working with them to fix that as well.

So now I'd rate it as recommended with a big BUT..

BUT you need to spend a lot of time fine tuning it to get it working right (which can be a lot of to and fro between PC and console if you don't have a laptop).

15. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

Just to clarify the games with gold, it changed with the xbone. Xbox 360 games you get through it you get to keep forever. Xbox One games will only be playable while you have an active Gold sub. However they don't disappear if your sub runs out, you just won't be able to play the free games until you resubscribe. You dont have to pay Xbox Australia prices for them though. You can buy Gold keys from the usual cd key selling sites and even with our shittier exchange rate lately, you'll get it a bit cheaper. Yes you need Xbox Live Gold to play B1 and Forza online.

16. .AQL.

.AQL. Member

Offtopic... I need to change my third party NBN modem\router username and password so I can connect to Belong on the NBN. Can I do that with the Xbox one and log directly into the router or do I need to do it via a PC?

17. power

power Member

should be able to just use Edge. Can even do this sort of thing from your phone on wifi too. Only issue is if your router chucks a wobbly on the browser - I know some older routers used to work on IE only, PITA.

18. .AQL.

.AQL. Member

Yup I was able to do it with my phone, thx heaps mate :thumbup:

19. FarQ

FarQ Member

this. basically i don't want to stuff around too much trying to fine tune it. I got mine up and running in next to no time. Loving "The Last of Us" on the PS4 with the Xim4. Using it with an old Belkin Nostromo n52 and logitech mx518. Just printed some colour PS4 labels and stuck them on the keys.. haha

20. ssar

ssar Member

Xbox Live service alert.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

"Services: Limited
    Xbox Live Core Services
    11/02/2017, 3:31:55 pm

Signing in; creating, managing, or recovering an account; search

Affected platforms: Xbox One

Affected services: Signing into Xbox Live,Creating new accounts on Xbox Live, managing those accounts, or recovering an account on a different device

Latest update: We believe we have identified the issue causing some members to have problems signing in to Xbox Live. Thanks for your patience as the team works to resolve the issue."

I'm getting this with my XBox live gold account this arvo - it's prompting me for my master microsoft email account password but doesn't accept it (correct credentials) and I cannot log in.

DOH.