1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Xbox Series X|S Discussion

Discussion in 'Microsoft Consoles' started by power, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Elmf

Elmf Member

That's very true. Can't say i've gotten into it big myself, but reality is most people are playing out of the box massively online games like Fortnite, Apex and COD. Can't do heaps of modding (any) in the standard servers for these

stalyoni likes this.
  2. stalyoni

stalyoni Member

So went and traded in my xbox one x into eb games this morning and got $420 credit towards the series x cause I'm a level 4 member. A few weeks ago I traded in a switch lite and one game and got $180 credit and I think I put $130 on the series x and with the other $50 I got a xbox credit code. I obviously did the pre order which was $200. So the nice girl said I'm like $4 in credit on my eb games account so it's all paid for.

### Warning those who want to use your level 4 one time gift trade in credit of $20 it CANNOT be used on just trading in the console. It's only for trading in games and controllers. Was fair pissed off when I found that out so be warned.
    Let's just hope they actually arrive at my little eb games store here on the 10th because I've always known the first letters of Western Australia to stand for wait awhile :)

3. 303-Acid

303-Acid Member

Traded mine in today as well along with a few old games. $480 trade value for my level 3. Used a few gift cards I'd earned from doing surveys and paid the remaining $8.50.

See you next Tuesday Xbox Series X!

stalyoni likes this.
  4. StratosFear

StratosFear Member

Came here to post that the Series X pre-order page was live again on EB but now it's gone again. I grabbed one for Dec 2020... but worth keeping an eye on it every now and then if you are still waiting for a pre-order.

5. Sledge

Sledge Member

bugger! missed again
    Now it's a 404
    and there's NO XBSX consoles listed on EB Games website at all!

6. StratosFear

StratosFear Member

7. Sledge

Sledge Member

8. StratosFear

StratosFear Member

Yeah looks like it was only up for about 30 minutes yeterday. And soon after it was posted on ozbargain (and I ordered one) it was down again.

I traded my one S at EB Games this morning and the lady was very confused as to how the hell I was able to place an order on Friday. She wasn't aware of any additional pre-order listings.

9. th3_hawk

th3_hawk Member

So 9am tomorrow... reckon there will be any stock around at EB? or 100% pre-order?

10. Sledge

Sledge Member

yup
    missed that too

11. th3_hawk

th3_hawk Member

Dang. That said, I would have expected a leak or something from someone who works there saying we have small amounts of stock if there was any stock to be had... Still, might be worth a wander anyway, joys of working from home, I can take my coffee break about then so no matter what it wouldn't be a wasted trip :p

But then... it's not unusual for retail outlets to have stock reserved to put on the shelves (albeit very limited) despite selling out of pre-orders so they can have a "launch" rather than something which is totally unobtainable for months on end. While searching for information I see Walmart in the US will have (limited) stock on day 1... so maybe? It's 2020, anything can happen!

edit: I should say, I'm also a little miffed at the Telstra thing since you have to otherwise be a Telstra retail customer to get it making it not available to a large chunk of people. Technically I am a Telstra customer, but business... so no XBox Series X for me through Telstra. I don't mind that delivery model to spread out the costs either.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  12. Sledge

Sledge Member

I didn't really see the point in the telstra deal..
    I'm planning on going out at 8:45 tomorrow morning to check all the retailers..
    starting with EB to see if i can get those carrots!! But if they don't have any, then i'll just get it where ever i can the soonest..
    though Big W is allowing me to pre order atm.... but it's delivered

13. thecondor

thecondor Member

Is there any games worth getting? Cod?

14. Sledge

Sledge Member

if you call that a game.....
    Don't know if there's anything new out or coming soon.
    i just want the updated console :) because.... ocau!

15. TheWatcher

TheWatcher Member

I still don't see the point of the Xbox if you already have a desktop computer. I nearly preordered it but decided to just stick with the PS5.

For those that are getting it and also have gaming computers, why do you get Xbox instead of PS5?

16. thecondor

thecondor Member

Haha I’m the same

17. Sledge

Sledge Member

I'm not..
    I'm getting everything

18. TheWatcher

TheWatcher Member

Ye but why are you bothering with the Xbox at all?

19. StratosFear

StratosFear Member

For me it was Gamepass. PC in the study and Xbox on the big TV. Shitload of games included for like $3 a month over 36 months.

Sometimes you just want to lounge on the couch and play.

Personally I'll get a ps5 when I can get one half the price second hand and can pick up the 5 exclusives I want to play for $15 each.

20. th3_hawk

th3_hawk Member

Back in the early 2000s consoles became the better choice for me, no need to worry about upgrades or if a game would run... everything just worked. I got more into racing games (I *really* suck at fps without a keyboard and mouse) and as a far more casual gamer it worked well for me.

I've only just jumped back into the PCMR (and am pretty happy about it)... so the smart move would be to just wait for them to go on sale at some point in the future. It's not like I actually want any games right now let alone any exclusives...

...but faster...