Xbox Series X|S Discussion

Discussion in 'Microsoft Consoles' started by power, Jul 24, 2018.

1. leck

leck Member

Hmm was all geared up for a struggle to get an x but rang jb to preorder yesterday and they had some stock, pretty pleased with that :o

2. BuD

BuD Member

So my subscription has run out after a cpl.of years and got billed the $15 on Cc. Anyone k ow if you can still buy 12 months sub and apply the $1 upgrade to ultimate

3. Witters

Witters Member

I think you can only do that once but why don't you have a crack and let us know if it works :)

BuD likes this.
  4. StratosFear

StratosFear Member

I'm pretty sure you can do it multiple times as long as you don't have a current gamepass subscription

BuD likes this.
  5. BuD

BuD Member

Yeah I just set it to cancel so have to wait till end of the momthly cycle

6. Zenskas

Zenskas Member

Just picked up a Series X yesterday. Neat looking console very pleased with the small footprint when stood up next to the TV and the quiet footprint as far as noise goes. Load times and overall responsiveness on my 4K 120hz TV is fantastic. Can't believe they weren't including SSDs with consoles sooner!

As with seemingly everything I buy, I do have an issue with the controller.
    When I press the A button occasionally it will make the clicking noise/feel that you expect when the button is depressed, and yet the button will not register unless you press down harder. The other buttons will always register on the lightest of clicks.
    Sometimes when holding the A button down it will momentarily stop registering the button press if you don't keep pressure firm. The A button is pretty much the most used button so this is frustrating!

Anyone else having issues with their included controller? Apparently I'm not the only one, and looks like I'll need to pay to post it off to Microsoft to look at, be without it for who knows how long, and potentially get a refurbished controller back. Console kiddies really do get treated like trash...imagine if a brand new mechanical keyboard did this :Paranoid:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
  7. BuD

BuD Member

Sounding a faulty controler mate mines working fine

8. Zenskas

Zenskas Member

Yea that much is evident haha just seeing if anyone else had any similar experiences.
    Luckily the retailer was great and had one new controller left in stock so swapped it on the spot today. I'll see how it goes!

Keen to check out Forza Horizon 4. Any good platforming games people can recommend that are included in the games pass? Already downloaded the two Ori games which sound fantastic but I'll be keen to try others.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    BuD likes this.
  9. zoki_007

zoki_007 Member

Anyone know of any stock anywhere ?

[KEi]SoVeReIgN likes this.
  10. BuD

BuD Member

Don't think so recent shipment showed up on ozbargain and went to sold put pretty quickly

11. trippyfoo

trippyfoo Member

Anyone else given flight simulator a go...
    Had it downloading in the background today and gave it a try after work.. Quick zoom around the pyramids.. Just wow.
    Had a bit of a giggle as my daughter was flying around and kept running into things.

Big thumbs up, no doubt the novelty will wear off.. But it's just breathtaking.

12. Witters

Witters Member

Yeah it runs heaps better than on my potato of a PC too...

13. BuD

BuD Member

yep i did. was pretty amazed. tried to do a fly by of my house at night. my kid laughed when i crashed and said i should never pilot a plane. I tended to agree ;P
    respect to pilots who pilot at night damn

14. stalyoni

stalyoni Member

Yeah I flew around where I used to live years ago and then where I live now and it's very accurate. I did some aerobatics with the extra too. I crashed allot for shits and giggles with the bigger passenger planes as it got boring

15. trippyfoo

trippyfoo Member

That's next on the list.. Flying past the house and her school..
    Looking like a very good month if you have GP.. Hades and art of rally are mine for this month. A bit of everything for different folks.

16. TheWatcher

TheWatcher Member

17. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

BuD likes this.
  18. TheWatcher

TheWatcher Member

Well the preorder is up for a while, isn't selling out. So looks like there is plenty of time for people to buy it if they want it.

power likes this.
  19. TheWatcher

TheWatcher Member

20. OP
    OP
    power

power Member