1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Xbox Series X|S Discussion

Discussion in 'Microsoft Consoles' started by power, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Arctic_Silver08

Arctic_Silver08 Member

Saw an OLED LG going cheap on FB recently (Because it had the burn in lines), was so tempted to grab it and try my luck on the warranty :lol:

2. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

well i am here to ease the pain, haha

3. miicah

miicah Member

I'm loving my series x, recently downloaded It Takes Two to play with the Mrs. She's pretty bad at it but we are still having fun. FH5 (what I bought it for) is a bit of a mess right now, but still enjoying it.

Having a kid means not much time for gaming though lol

4. Witters

Witters Member

The load times in FH5 on the X are pretty great.

5. Trizae

Trizae Member

Xbox Series S|X VRS update upto a 33% performance uptake in nanite performance in titles

hsvguy likes this.
  6. hsvguy

hsvguy Member

Wouldn't mind a 33% increase in good game releases :p

Drizz06, Trizae, BuD and 3 others like this.
  7. BuD

BuD Member

yep thats a Win

8. Trizae

Trizae Member

A f*cking men! :lol:

9. trippyfoo

trippyfoo Member

Lol.. The games are coming if what's available now isn't your cup of tea.

I have to say definitely that on the series x.. I've just been enjoying horizon 5 so much more than 4. Not just because of the map, but it's immediacy when loading from start.
    It's like old school cartridge style. None of this staring at a loading screen for several minutes or boil the kettle and make a cup of tea when I used to play horizon 4 on the one x.

akqrate likes this.
  10. passwordistaco

passwordistaco Member

Been umm'ing and ahh'ing about a Series X. I have a PS5 already. TBH I'm just a bit disappointed with the exclusives - even PS exclusives are average. I FOMO'd into a pre-order at Marrickville EB Games - I might cancel my order, but if anyone local wants it let me know.. think its coming soon.

11. BuD

BuD Member

There's some bloody good games coming to xbox as exclusives. Not soon though

12. Elmf

Elmf Member

Tbh if you have a fast pc I just don't see the point of the Xbox. I personally have both, right next to each other on the same screen haha, but the only reason I ever use one over the other is:
    1. It's a fast paced shooter so I use the mouse kb
    2. I happen to have the game on one or the other

Considering how natively an Xbox controller works on a PC.... It can really do both.

But at the same time I find cheap as xbox games sometimes. Like when Valhalla was $9. Even with delivery it was $18 delivered. Great value.

Trizae likes this.
  13. Dilbery

Dilbery Member

I use my Series X more than my PS5, it just sits there and gathers dust. Though I have been using Gamepass pretty heavily lately, tbh I feel like the fanfare around the PS5 is driven by stock shortages. I feel like the Series x is a much better console, in-fact that good I bought a series S for the bedroom.

14. simontifik

simontifik Member

How do you find the Series S? I’ve been looking at picking one up, I’ve only got 1080p screens in the house and I’m not too stressed about graphics and frame rates. Seen them on Facebook marketplace for $350 which seems a steal compared to what I’d pay to upgrade my old PC.

15. Elmf

Elmf Member

Could even get it for $300 on FB Marketplace I think... Lots there for $350.

16. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

If you are cool with 30fps gaming then you'll enjoy it. There is quite a big divide between it and the X and it looks like developers will mostly be targeting a dynamic resolution @ 60fps on the X and 30fps on the S. The S usually misses out on the performance/quality settings toggle as well given they are already targeting the low end of acceptable framerates. Also remember it has no disc drive for physical media.

passwordistaco Xbox has a large amount of studios they have under their umbrella after the acquisition spree so I am sure we will see that paying dividends at some point. Best part of that is all first party titles will be a day 1 gamepass release. It has been a pretty slow start for both consoles imo. If you are umming and ahhing about it now I wouldn't bother picking it up - supply will only improve as time goes on and they are somewhat regularly showing up for short term pre-orders now. I wouldn't FOMO purchase.

Dilbery and passwordistaco like this.
  17. passwordistaco

passwordistaco Member

Thanks all. PS5 is my primary console mainly cos of close friends - we play together online. Just easier with PS party chat.

I’ll work out whether I want to go deep on a PC build again now that I’ve got a C1 OLED, or just get the XSX. Forza and Halo sound awesome but not sure if it’s worth the Fomo. The new Bethesda Starfield game looks like it’ll be sick but no release date yet.

It’s likely I don’t need any of these. At least until after I’m done with Elden Ring. Omg what a game.

jjjc_93 likes this.
  18. Dilbery

Dilbery Member

If you're not worried about frame rate, they're great. I've got a Samsung TU8000 in my bedroom and I've been playing Gears5 on it, its been a great experience tbh. Only downside is no disc drive and a relatively small internal SSD.

19. stalyoni

stalyoni Member

I've got an Xbox series X and I've had it since launch day. For me I got the Xbox as I had a few long time mates on there. But since this COVID BS they have been playing as much and really don't do the online gaming thing on the Xbox anymore.
    I mainly use the Xbox now in my office as a 4k Bluray player and to listen to spotify. The only thing that really made the Xbox justifiable for me is that I already had an LG C9 with an LG soundbar. If I had to outlay for a decent 4k 120hz screen then I would not of bothered.
    I just picked up an Asus 27 inch IPS 2560x1440 170hz hdr monitor and omfg it makes the series X shine. Colours on that thing are imazing and not far off my OLED C9 tbh.
    The Xbox is always good for quick gaming sessions for me when I just want to kick back and chill and switch off and melt into my recliner. There's no worry about updating drivers and all that bs. Just pick up a controller and your good to go.
    Other thing that interests me in the Xbox scene is cloud gaming. Atm is not quite there but in the future I think it will be. We will just have nodes be it mobile ones or at home ones that connects to servers to harness there power. I can't believe how far we have come in tech. Just in my lifetime. I remember in primary school we thaught the apple 2E they have was the schiit. Now look where we are. Btw RGB makes everything go quicker.

20. Sledge

Sledge Member

I would never bother with the series S.. for a little more just get the series X
    The performance difference is too much for the price difference

greencamel65 likes this.