1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

Xbox Series X|S

Discussion in 'Microsoft Consoles' started by power, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Sledge

Sledge Member

Yeah been loving that on the PS5 too :)
    and the loading times (or lack there of)

BuD likes this.
  2. mattress

mattress Member

Shame it's so damn ugly though

[​IMG]

Sledge likes this.
  3. Sledge

Sledge Member

Still waiting for it to arrive :(

But for those who have theirs, how long is your warranty?
    Mine seems to be 2yrs 2 months...

It's already registered to my account and showing in my devices, even though i don't have it yet..

4. trippyfoo

trippyfoo Member

Yeah , warranty for mine is until feb 2023 - so a tad over 2 years as well. Very efficient of MS to have already registered it onto your account.

5. Opticon

Opticon Member

I received mine 1 day after launch, MS account shows warranty until 11/6/2022.
    Also ordered an additional controller as well and that was delivered with the XSX and shows the same warranty period

6. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

Jumped on a series x over the weekend after a friend of mine decided to get into pc gaming and had his spare. He bent me over for an extra $50 over rrp by throwing in a cod game I didn't want haha but still a good deal given the stock situation imo. I sold my gaming pc earlier this year after diminishing time and interest and wasn't actively looking for a gaming system but I am very susceptible to buying new toys when presented :lol:

Initial impressions are pretty good. Not having a heap of time at the moment the quick resume feature is awesome and probably the biggest defining feature of these consoles tbh. Being able to sit down for 20-30mins in some spare downtime then get up without having to wait for a checkpoint or anything is a big win. Hopefully PC's can find a way to replicate that soon, certainly all the hw is there for it. Gamepass is also awesome (especially 3months at $1) but it already is on PC so I expected that. Forza Horizon 4 feels pretty smooth and looks nice as well, not 120hz+ smooth but good enough for me while sitting back on my couch.

Will see how long this one lasts in my collection but I think it will earn its keep as I have a heap of physical 360 games I wouldn't mind taking for another spin at some point too.
    --

Any recommendations for some games that showcase the x's power a bit? I think they are a bit thin on the ground at the moment. Have heard of Valhalla but I don't want a 100h time sink right now.

Smoothie likes this.
  7. BuD

BuD Member

try medium. it has hdr and some ray tracing and is on gamepass. some scenes are quite beautiful. gameplay isnt the best though its like original res evil. but good story
    i downgraded PC to. i find gaming on TV much more enjoyable and because we dont have to use save points anymore with auto resume its great for short sessions

jjjc_93 likes this.
  8. StratosFear

StratosFear Member

Yeah with quick resume, Gamepass and TV gaming I haven't fired up the PC for games since I got the Xbox. $240 for 3 years of live, converted to ultimate plus $750 for an Xbox is a killer deal. Especially when there is a mass GPU shortage.

9. th3_hawk

th3_hawk Member

I spent the last 10 years on consoles after playing the PC upgrading game was just becoming too much. Some nice 'plug it in and turn it on' simplicity of a console is very hard to beat. Quick resume sounds freakin awesome too for someone who isn't 15 and spending every waking minute with a controller in their hand. I've just built a gaming PC and haven't turned on the XBox One X in months (despite having a couple of new games). Working from home means I'm at my desk and being able to load up a game right here is so very simple.

So I'm in no rush right now and I'm just waiting for stock issues to go away and some sort of nice bundle deal to come out on the Series X... mid year maybe for US Summer holidays? That or maybe some Christmas deal later in the year?

10. mattress

mattress Member

Yeah, there's no rush at all. As I said elsewhere, quick loading times aside, there's really no need to get one right now.

11. BuD

BuD Member

Current game road map this year doesn't look great for either console Unless there are surprises on the horizon

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
  12. boneburner

boneburner Member

but at least there are new wireless matching headsets now :lol:

13. mattress

mattress Member

Very nice. Just a shame my Logitech G935s are still in perfect order.

14. Smoothie

Smoothie Member

Nice, I'll grab that - once it's' out - $149 doesn't strike me as overly expensive.

15. BuD

BuD Member

Cheaper than the elite controller

16. trippyfoo

trippyfoo Member

Wait till they release the elite wireless version? Heh heh..

Downloaded falconeer earlier.. Reviews seems quite positive.. Anyone else tried it..

Good line up for driving games in Feb with GP.. Wreckfest and dirt 5.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
  17. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

If anyone wants the latest game-pass news link:
    https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/02/16/coming-soon-xbox-game-pass-february-2021-wave-2/

Code Vein (PC) – February 18
    Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire – Ultimate Edition (Cloud and Console) – February 18
    Wreckfest (Cloud, Console and PC) – February 18
    Killer Queen Black (Cloud and Console) – February 23
    Dirt 5 (Cloud, Console and PC) – February 25
    Elite Dangerous (Console) – February 25
    Superhot: Mind Control Delete (PC) – February 25
    Monster Hunter: World (Cloud) – Available now

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    jjjc_93 and trippyfoo like this.
  18. BuD

BuD Member

Outriders is good on series x. Nice grfx,
    4k hdr and 60 fps so smooth

19. jET_M@X

jET_M@X Member

+1 for this ...outriders is superfun with a devastator melee build. Feels cool to be doing the hulk smash thing...

20. Witters

Witters Member

Some good new games coming soon, and almost all available on game pass.
    <iframe width="756" height="425" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sphinx2000, Smoothie and stalyoni like this.