Xbox Series X|S

Discussion in 'Microsoft Consoles' started by power, Jul 24, 2018.

1. th3_hawk

th3_hawk Member

Oh Yeah

sanjay likes this.
  2. Sledge

Sledge Member

Still waiting for new PGR or to be able to play the old ones again :(

trippyfoo likes this.
  3. Sphinx

Sphinx Member

Nice video all in one place, thanks.

4. sanjay

sanjay Member

far out cannot wait for this although i still have to play through forza horizon 3 and 4 lol. just finished the second horizon finale in forza horizon 2 and all of the three available bucket lists, not sure theres much point grinding in that game much further, time to move up to 3 :D

stalyoni likes this.
  5. th3_hawk

th3_hawk Member

I switched to XBox (from PS3) pretty much for Forza and have played through each Horizon game after realising the 'normal' Horizon series while fun is maybe a little too realistic for my liking. I pre-ordered then finished FH4 and the main parts of both expansions which was a bunch of fun but after stepping out for a little while it gets a little overwhelming coming back to see a billion 'new' things to do that have popped up to the point where I just haven't bothered in a while. Great that they kept content and challenges flowing but unless you stay ontop of it it's a bit much. (I also struggled a little to get from one race in a series to the next as it wasn't always clear where I needed to be next... at least it seemed that way after you finished all the core content).

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  6. trippyfoo

trippyfoo Member

It was a great E3 show from Ms.. Definitely can't wait to get into horizon 5.. Just looks spectacular.. Always will have a soft spot for horizon 3.. Naturally.

Flight simulator looks Breathtaking.. Four weeks to go.. Yay.

Nice reference from 'Sledge' .. So much fun with Pgr.. I still have the original pgr game floating around..

Bring back mech assault...

My takeaway.. Just makes game pass even more irresistible.

7. Witters

Witters Member

I was always kind of against the movement from physical discs to digital content mainly because I would swap games with friends but I've had game pass for over a year now and I must say it is pretty good. I keep expecting to pay for a few games here and there but literally everything I want or would have bought is included anyway.

trippyfoo likes this.
  8. Eimi

Eimi Member

Looks amazing and hopefully I can secure a Series X before November, although I'll play it on PC too.

th3_hawk likes this.
  9. jpw007

jpw007 Member

Anyone tried streaming the xbox locally to something like an ipad? I believe it's possible but curious if it executes as well as you'd hope...

10. BuD

BuD Member

I haven't done to a ipad but it works great so assume.sbojld work good on ipad yo

11. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

if Steam can do it you'd hope Microsoft can - hell Sony did it years ago on the Vita.

12. jpw007

jpw007 Member

I've streamed ps5 to windows and android flawlessly, but yeah, not tried with xbox on either let alone on ios as i'm thinking of ditching the laptop in favour of an ipad (don't even start me on galaxy tabs. Im getting tired of samsung after having their phones for ages now)

13. miicah

miicah Member

I played a lot of 4 on xbox game pass and really enjoyed it. I hope they have more 4WD type stuff in 5, was really annoying trying to mountain goat everywhere and getting blocked by invisible walls.

14. th3_hawk

th3_hawk Member

Horizon 5 is a huge question mark for me because of that. Free on game pass is great... but only as long as I keep paying for it. Will I really go back in 5 years time? Will the game still be there? I know I'm going to buy the DLC anyway so that's probably half the cost. I know there have been other games I have bought expansions for where the base game was free but they were things I was far less invested in and was happy to throw in my $30 if only for those few weeks/months of play time I took to finish that game (one of the Sniper Elite games?) knowing I don't really care if it's there in future...

While I'm leaning towards buying the top package anyway but might just wait and see how much those extras are as a stand alone.

15. trippyfoo

trippyfoo Member

Same.. I'm definitely buying the top package.. Might have a look later and see if they're just selling the option package for the additional extras.
    Everyones mileage will differ, for me, it's worth every cent with how many hours I've sunk into it. Saying that though, it's definitely less with fh4 versus fh3.

I think it will be interesting, with the motorsports team working on the new engine, whether the next horizons game will launch in another two years time. Or with the deluge of games coming, Ms will give them a longer lead time for the next game.

16. stalyoni

stalyoni Member

I currently stream my series x ether to my note 10 plus 5gb 512gb in the newer dex dock which has a 10/100 lan port on it and I have cat 6 patch ports on both my bedroom and office that the series x is in and I can honestly say it's not very enjoyable. The stream is quite glictchy at best. Not sure if it's due to being streamed to my phone in the dex dock then outputted to my 43 inch TCL TV. Or if the 10/100 lan port on the dex dock is the bottleneck. I also stream to my Dell 11th gen 2 in 1 lappy ether via WiFi 6 from my netgear xr1000 gaming router or via a cat6 lan cable. I then plug that lappy into the same tcl 43 inch 4k HDR TV. I also find if you plug the xbox controller into the lappy via a wire then the stream becomes much better. This experience is very playable and enjoyable and I can get kills on Cold war while laying in bed and be competitive. I'm on a gigabit aussie broadband plan with fttp and I have to say most of the time the connection is amazing. I still have to learn all the functions of the netgear xr1000 but I'm very happy with my setup so far. Gaming directly in my office on the xbox series x connected to my LG 55 c9 oled TV gives me the best experience. I also have a Dolby atmos LG sound bar with rear speakers and I can hear enemy's coming from any direction with out needing headphones which is awesome. Just haven't been able to figure out how to get Dolby vision working properly as it's the one thing that is not ticked on the setup page.

jpw007 likes this.
  17. stalyoni

stalyoni Member

I also wanted to know if anyone has successfully gotten the xbox streaming app to work ether on a shield TV or the Android TV os?
    Looks like I'm also gonna be a beta tester for geforce now soon as well. Who is keen for that? Maybe soon we won't need to fight about gpu prices as it will all be done remotely via the cloud

18. BuD

BuD Member

Yea cloud is the future

stalyoni likes this.
  19. miicah

miicah Member

I'm in the beta and playing Forza was incredibly laggy, even on 5G. Turning left would happen like half a second after I did it on the controller.

20. stalyoni

stalyoni Member

Yeah where abouts are you though? I think they only have geforce servers in Sydney and Perth atm and I'm only 4 hours north of the Perth server and I'm on gigabit fttp net so I think I'll be fine.
    I have streamed my xbox series x on 4g outside of my house and played grid 2019 with not many issues or hiccups at all. Cod was a bit glitchy but still playable.
    I think xbox stream codec is way more optimised atm then any others out there atm.
    But things are only gonna get better from now on in. So the future looks promising