Xbox Series X

Discussion in 'Microsoft Consoles' started by power, Jul 24, 2018.

1. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

buy all of the things still.

Sledge, elvis and stalyoni like this.
  2. stalyoni

stalyoni Member

Lols I used to drag my pc and monitor to the lan parties they used to have back in the day at Macquarie uni. While most people would spend the whole day gaming I would spend most of the day leeching other people's "special content" over IRC I think it was. We would even order pizza to the event and have nerf wars outside in the brakes. It was so much fun. These where the days of when ADSL had just come out and some guys connection speeds where amazing so they have had gathered quite the collection of goodies.

For me I'm still very competitive on my Xbox one x with the series 2 elite controller. I mainly play modern warfare and find myself in the top 3 on most maps. Find the latency and snappines of the game is way better if I only set it to play with out cross play on and only play with other Xbox players. Sometimes it's very hard to find a game at times though.

I suggest those who like the single player games then give the new star wars fallen order a go. I smoked a joint the other night and played it for a few hours and found it to be amazing. Especially on my LG 4k hdr oled 55 inch tv with the Xbox one x and rig 800 headset and Dolby atmos on.

JSmithDTV likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

I still go to LAN's because they are awesome.

stalyoni likes this.
  4. Raptor_Eye

Raptor_Eye Member

I'd be happy with just the first part

stalyoni likes this.
  5. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

I miss them dearly. I just don't have time for that in my life any more.

Hopefully they're still around when I'm retired.

6. th3_hawk

th3_hawk Member

I recently upgraded the main TV to a 65" 4K after the old one died so I dragged the XBox One X out of the rumpus/kids play room into the lounge to try out 4K gaming and it is very very nice. Sadly I generally can't play in there since the kids tend to use that TV and/or the violet shooting games aren't so kid friendly which leaves me on the 46" 1080 TV in the play room... which ironically I'm the only one that plays in :p

As much as I'd like to upgrade that TV, it's over ten years old and often has a green line down one side until it warms up, but it was a top end Samsung when it was new, has excellent sound and in full 1080... even with the cost of 4K TV's being so damn cheap, it's just not worth ditching a perfectly working TV, especially when it would likely be a bottom of the range model given how little it's actually used.

stalyoni likes this.
  7. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

I only play PC once a month if I’m lucky and spend whatever other free time I get playing PS4 and also play D3 on Switch. Between work, kids and other hobbies I don’t get much gaming time. I tend to go thru phases thou and after a new big release comes out I will smash it and play a lot and then might not touch a game for a month or 2.

8. stalyoni

stalyoni Member

Yeah I was like that when modern warfare first came out and now when I do actually try and play it's hard to even get a game full of players. I really wish the COD games would have dedicated servers then it would be much better.

9. trippyfoo

trippyfoo Member

Anyone seen the news with phil dropping more news on the series X ..
    Ms definitely not holding back with the new machine.. looking forward to see what E3 brings.

10. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

not excited until they show off killer games - this is how Sony "won" the last gen.

11. sTeeLzor

sTeeLzor Member

They won by being cheaper and faster.
    Xbox should win this one by being faster and way better value (GamePass)

12. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

Time will tell of course but Microsoft seem very confident.

13. stalyoni

stalyoni Member

Hell yes they are stating it will have as much graphical power as an RTX 2080 or more so that will be good enough for me. Sold my xbox one s with a white elite controller the other day so only have the xbox one x in my room now and series 2 elite controller. Picked up a pre owned black xbox wireless controller the other day with some of the money I made selling the xbox one s so hopefully eb games will have some awesome trade in deals and I won't have to trade in my series 2 elite controller. I guess we won't know what the trade in deals will be until closer to the release date.

14. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

Settle down on the controller mate, they are not changing it afaik.

15. stalyoni

stalyoni Member

Yeah I know I just picked up a spare one so I don't have to trade in my series 2 elite controller that I paid $250 for. Would be going backwards if I did that

16. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

Yeah, controller design change might be minimal.

[​IMG]

JSmithDTV, trippyfoo and stalyoni like this.
  17. trippyfoo

trippyfoo Member

I've been in the Ms camp since the OG Xbox.. still have the original keychain from the launch night.
    I'll admit that I actually bought a PS4 at the start of this generation.. before selling it off.lol .
    Never could get used to the ps4 controller. Plus all my mates were still in the Xbox camp.

Definitely looking forward to the new series X. Still yet to figure out where to house it in the entertainment unit though..

I reckon the games are going to be flowing a lot more this Gen ..
    So long as Forza.. and a good Halo .. I'm happy.

Is anyone here hoping for a reboot of mech assault . .?

18. FIREWIRE1394

FIREWIRE1394 Member

OK BOOMER! (sorry, wanted to say that since it became a thing)
    But yeah, back in OUR day! we could put (I don't know how old you are) a cartridge in, and it would load instantly, and if it was a poorly programmed game, it would forever be A SHIT GAME!!!
    So if companies didn't want to go broke, they took it upon themselves to at least make something that at least worked, from fear of going broke!

Since Steam/360/ps3, you can make any shit you want, and fix it with updates... then just say it's a beta, or pre release, or will be better with an update coming SOON TM!
    It's not even the load times of current gen that kill my interest... I remember when games went from Cartridge to CD and then DVD. the load times were SHIT, but they still had to make a half way decent game to survive...
    So the problem is not with LOAD times... IT'S FUCKING UPDATES!!! AWESOME, I have made an hour to play /insert game I REALLY want to play! BUT WAIT, I COULD LAST MAKE TIME FOR THIS GAME 2 FUCKING WEEKS AGO! OH HERE WE GO.... 30 minutes of updates... WHAT?!??!?!

If Microsoft can make the install for the next Forza not take 4 fucking years, and don't update it 17 times a week, that would be AMAZING!!
    Never thought I'd be nostalgic for FUCKING DISCS, but here we are...

/end of old man yells at cloud rant

stalyoni likes this.
  19. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

I mean, that's what they are aiming for with xCloud.....

FIREWIRE1394 likes this.
  20. FIREWIRE1394

FIREWIRE1394 Member

AIMING, and WORKING are very, very, VERY different things though ;)