Xeno Crisis - Megadrive/NeoGeo/Dreamcast/Steam/Switch/XBOne/PS4

Discussion in 'Retro & Arcade' started by elvis, Feb 22, 2019.

1. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

Originally kickstarted quite some time ago, "Xeno Crisis" by Bitmap Bureau is nearing completion.

Cartridges for Megadrive and Neo Geo will be available, as well as discs for Dreamcast, and there'll be official releases on PC/Steam and a bunch of consoles old and new:

Physical releases available from their shop:
    https://shop.bitmapbureau.com/

Very much inspired by games like Commando, Ikari Warriors, Smash TV and others, it's shaping up to look like a fun little blaster.

flain likes this.
  2. power

power Member

Dreamcast eh, hmmm not really a twin stick fan but i could get behind them doing the physical release.

I must say the Neo Geo release looks amazing.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  3. OP
    OP
    elvis

The developed it for Megadrive primarily, which is the same main CPU as the Neo Geo. From all accounts they ported it and beefed it up a little, which is nice.

I'd really love to play all versions to compare them. I'm hoping they offer legal digital releases for retro consoles. Paying shipping annoys me, and I've got flash carts, emulators and soon MiSTer boxes, which I am happy playing this on, but would like to still pay for it.

Tanglewood offered a Steam download where you could extract the ROM and stick it on a flash cart. Would be happy to do the same for this.

4. power

power Member

if that was the philosophy should have done Amiga and Atari ST ports :D

elvis likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    elvis

Now that you mention it, actually a bit odd that a euro dev put Neo Geo before Amiga.

6. flain

flain Member

Hopefully they offer a neogeo rom, Darksoft has in the past approached new neogeo game developers to see if they would work with him to incorporate some kind of copy protection so it can run on his darksoft neogeo cart but so far they haven't been interested.

Currently darksofts neogeo cart firmware refuses to play any of the new neogeo games out of respect for game developers.

elvis likes this.