1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

xmp

Discussion in 'Newbie Lounge' started by philquad, Feb 9, 2024.

1. philquad

philquad Member

silly question, but i just upgraded to a b450 & its kingston 2666 ram
    this xmp, should it say on or off ? & use 1 or 2. not that is probably matters much for me.

[​IMG]

2. Groff

Groff Member

That's set to XMP profile 1 -
    If you click that again, it should got to profile 2 if supported which may be a different ram speed or latency settings.

ipv6ready likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    philquad

philquad Member

sorry, thats a random screenshot, so should it look like that displaying "on" correct?

Groff likes this.
  4. Groff

Groff Member

For profile 1, yes.

philquad likes this.
  5. ibace

ibace Member

Depending upon the actual Brand/Model/Quality of the Ram most DDR4 ram is capable of sustaining a higher clock speed than its' default number. I have done a little experimenting and found a 1 or 2 level speed jump to be stable and easily obtainable...saying that I did use some Crucial Ballistix 3200 Ram and after a few days at XMP #1 profile, I did the click on #2...the system boosted to 3866 and was rock solid stable...but what do I know? The comments are just my personal experiences...I never wanted to get deeply involved in Overclocking, 'twas more for the fun of it.

But I was surprised at the capacity of those Crucial Modules to perform as well as they did...but saying that...I think they're all pretty much line-ball the same...as far as reputable brands go anyways...

I've tried a few sets of Jazer RGB branded ram...great RGB looks, pretty good ram, fair price on AliExpress and the manufacturers claim they're using Samsung "B" chips...BUT: Thaiphoon doesn't recognise any chips of the Jazer modules.

YMMV