Xtreme Cooled Case Gallery

Discussion in 'Extreme and Water Cooling' started by spikes, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Deeb0

Deeb0 Member

thanks mate, makes me happy having it on my desk!

The res has 3 ports bottom and 4 on top. One each connects to the centre tube and you would use one and block the other. Yes, Ive blocked the bottom and water coming back to the res comes in the top port which spills down the centre shaft. My inlet port is offset from the bottom. There is also a little clear plate sitting off the bottom to stop bubbles from going down the inlet. Linky here so you can see. Pretty neat I think!

2. juzz86

juzz86 Member

Ahh that makes a bit more sense mate, I thought you had a D5/Res combo going and was a bit confused as the D5 has a central input over the impeller!

That's a tidy setup actually. Thanks for the extra info, and again - loving the loop :thumbup:

3. mad_mic3

mad_mic3 Member

Looks sweet Deeb0:thumbup:

4. Deeb0

Deeb0 Member

Thanks Mic! :thumbup: sent you PM too

5. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

Dunno if an ITX system could be called Extreme, but I think mine is looking pretty good at the moment. I'm considering removing the Supremacy and sticking a Raystorm in there, with a white plate and white LED's, to try and make the red a bit less overpowering and highlight the white GPU back plate.

Also planning on adding another pair of 2TB 2.5" spinners to the existing two, I only have 4 SATA ports (plus NVME M.2 for OS) so that will do. 8TB is more than I will ever need anyway.. in fact I could probably get away with 4TB and use the extra drives for mirrors.

I considered 4TB drives just so I could say there was 16TB in this little machine, but that's a silly reason to spend 650 bucks I guess :lol:

The board only has 3 fan headers, the pump and front (Noctua Redux 1500 PWM) fans use the CPU and CHA1 headers, and the rear and front inner (Corsair AF120 and AF140) fans share the lower CHA2 header via the red splitter.

The inner front fan, being only an AF fan, is probably not doing a lot to help cooling realistically, but the LED's and the match with the rear fan help complete the look.

If anyone is planning on doing an ITX build, although there are smaller cases this one is fairly compact, but capable of taking a 280 rad and pump etc with plenty of room to work in. All panels are insulated, and removing/replacing the panels is a breeze. Excellent, easy to access filters.

A different pump/res solution would allow pretty much any current GPU to fit. I believe it is the smallest case you can fit a 280 rad into without masses of mods and barked knuckles.

Its a great case, I highly recommend it !!

Fractal Design Define Nano S, Asus Z10i Pro Gaming, Samsung 950 Pro (256GB) + 2x2TB 2.5" spinners, 6700K, 32GB GSkill Trident @ C15-3600, GTX 970 with EK full cover block and backplate, 600W Silverstone, 280 XSPC rad (3 fans) with DDC/X3 combo and EK Pastel coolant.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Deeb0

Deeb0 Member

Thats sweet, Ratzz - nice job! I think its Xtreme enough. :Pirate:

It's very tidy for such a small space. :thumbup:

7. _slacker_

_slacker_ Member

My latest rig just finished at xmas :weirdo:

Pretty happy with it for my first hard tubing setup. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. shane41

shane41 Member

The monkey can go :tongue:

9. _slacker_

_slacker_ Member

my missus hates monkeys. All my t-shirts have disappeared so when I saw the thumb drive i had to have... :lol:

10. Ashtefere

Ashtefere Member

nCase M1 with a 180mm Radiator

[​IMG]

I had an old pump, old tubing, old radiator, car coolant and old fan in the garage and needed to get my air cooled ncase a lot cooler.

Slapped it together with busted old parts and its probably the quietest, smallest, coolest machine I have ever build.

Will spend some time and money later redoing it properly as this was mainly an experiment of sorts.

• Magicool 180mm radiator with Silverstone AP181.
    • Using a PCIE riser cable to drop the GPU down one slot.
    • SFX-L Modular PSU
    • Removed the metal PSU cover and fan from one side.
    • PSU is now cooled completely by the 180mm AP181
    • No other fans in the case.

Most games will give a max CPU and GPU temp of about 52 deg. BF One just smashes it though and it gets around 58 deg.

The radiator actually slots over PSU bracket perfectly like an extra support and holds the radiator perfectly in place. It's uncanny.

[​IMG]

Everything lines up perfectly straight with the exact amount of room. Maybe some inspiration for someone to do this with hard tubing, pretty coolant,etc?

11. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

If I read that correctly, the inside of the PSU is exposed and cooled by the rad fan?

I've done something like this before, but be warned.. I've also had a couple of 240V kicks from the PSU, even after turning it off a couple minutes before.

I STRONGLY suggest you make a cover for it to prevent accidentally touching the bitey bits. Even if you just get some flexible mesh and shape a cover that allows cooling and fits the space, that's fine, but get a bloody cover over the PSU. The internals of the PSU are the ONLY dangerous place in a computer, unless you have 4000RPM industrial finger cutting fans as well :lol:

The reason I had my PSU exposed is the little fan in the TFX PSU I was using was too bloody loud, so I modded it with a 120mm fan. For awhile, until I made a cover to suit, it was exposed. 240V is no fun mate, don't do it.

You need to cover it, something like THIS, which is the setup I just described above.

12. Ashtefere

Ashtefere Member

Don't worry. The entire inside of the PSU is contained within the metal rad shroud. No way to touch it.

13. dasa2

dasa2 Member

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  14. juzz86

juzz86 Member

Ah. I admired the Tetris work on this one on Atomic back when you initially put it together dasa, still a beauty. Glad to see it live on nearly unadulterated in the new revision mate - a fine job :thumbup:

15. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

I regularly update this post to reflect the current specs of my computer.

Current best Firestrike = 21115

Fractal Design Nano S, Corsair CS550M PSU.

Asus Z270i STRIX.

256GB 950 Pro M.2, Win 10 Pro.

7700K @ 5.3GHz(benching) 5.1GHZ(24/7) 5.1GHz@ 1.36v, 50°C loaded. I can hit 5.4GHz with the CPU with very low ambients ( I take the computer outside when outdoor temps are in single digits ).

Gigabyte 1080 Extreme Gaming Waterforce WB @ 2177/5500 (24/7) Temps only ever exceed 40° in benching, and even then, not often and only just.
    The highest I've managed to complete a Firestrike run on is 2009/6000, but that was with very low ambients, and the GPU running @ 13°C.
    I could do a lot better if Nvidia hadn't locked down the volts on Pascal. I have a massive amount of headroom, but no volts..

16GB TridentZ c17-3733 @ c12-4000(benching, 1.8v) c12-3600(24/7, 1.6v)

Alphacool Light Tower, Alphacool Vario D5 with V3 Plexi top, White Raystorm Pro, XSPC EX280. Clear EK 1/2" tubing with EK Pastel White coolant.

3x 1500 RPM Noctua Redux on the rad (no room for the 4th :lol: )
    Those and the 80mm 1800 RPM Noctua Redux RAM fan are painted white.
    Rear exhaust is a Fractal 120mm case fan.

4x 2TB 2.5" Barracudas (this varies, I shuffle HDD's around among PC's :lol: ) on the back of the mobo panel, along with a Silverstone 8 way PWM hub which runs all fans except the rear case fan (3x 1500 rad fans and 1x 1800 ram fan). As a result, I have no clue how fast the ram fan actually runs at, but the bottom line is 'fast enough'.. The pump and single case fan are on the remaining two headers on the board, independently controlled. The pump is actually not controlled at all, it is set at 2 at the pump (1-5) and remains constant.

Also fitted are a couple of Bitspower RGB LED strips running off the Asus mobo's Aura lighting feature. The Gigabyte GPU has its own set of RGB controls, and the Raystorm has white LEDs to highlight the plumbing.

There are various lighting effects for both the Aura lighting and the GPU lighting, but I like the basic green, with the white LEDS on the CPU and the red on the GPU, without the flashing lights. I settled on this pretty quickly and don't plan to change it, but the neutrality of the unlit colours means I could choose any colour lighting I want and it would work well.

A lot of shit in a small case, but still pretty easy to work on :thumbup:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  16. Sup3rFly

Sup3rFly Member

This is awesome - What fans are those? Also what hardtubing did you go for and tool for bending them?

17. radeon_freak

radeon_freak Member

Fans would be the Thermaltake Riing RGB's :thumbup:

18. _slacker_

_slacker_ Member

Thanks for the compliment :p

Hard tubing ? Its EKWBs 10/12mm PETG. Have since redone it with acrylic just to see how different they bend etc. I much prefer the look of the acrylic, its a lot clearer. Harder to cut and finish off than PETG but worth the extra effort. Refraction of lighting thru the acrylic is better but you really need to do smooth bends. PETG bends not require as much finesse IMO. PETG more forgiving and less likely to break/crack.

I purchased an EK hard tubing bendy kit for the mandrels. Dont care much for the hacksaw they include as I have a dremel ( I used this for cuts in acrylic ) and a nice pipe cutter ( For PETG ).

Bingo rf! :thumbup:

Thread needs more pics... c'mon guys post away these last few months worth of builds.:tongue::thumbup:

19. Kommandant33

Kommandant33 Member

That's real nice, Ratzzz

20. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

Thanks Komm :thumbup: I'm pretty pleased with it. I wish the chip was a bit better than slightly above average, and I probably should have waited for a Ti, but I can't see me doing much more to it rather than maybe search for a better chip at the moment. It has just the look, and the size, I was looking for. Also, despite not being the best chip in the world, its a pretty powerful machine for something so small :D