Xtreme Cooled Case Gallery

Discussion in 'Extreme and Water Cooling' started by spikes, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

You can pick up 3mm Suntuf 900x600 in Bunnings, clear or various colours, for 55 bucks, or if you want 5mm (not recommended if you want to shape it) then $63.

I had a shroud custom made in QLD a few years ago by an acrylic workshop, laser cut in 3mm translucent red, with bend, for 20 bucks.

[​IMG]

His stock trade was in shopfittings, so you could search custom acrylic shopfittings and see if they do small jobs if you don't want to buy the bigger sheet from Bunnings, or even ask if the shopfitter/acrylic workshop have offcuts if you prefer to do the work yourself.

If you haven't worked with acrylic before, the best way to cut it is with a very high tooth count circular saw (121 teeth on a 10" blade is ideal but 80 teeth does a reasonable job, but be warned, even an 80 tooth blade will set you back well over $100 if you don't already have one), which gives you a virtually polished edge.

A dremel cutting wheel at low revs works well too (too fast = melt), or even a hacksaw or coping saw, but you'll need some finishing work on the edges of course. You'll find some edges will leave you with no choice but to use dremel, hack or coping saw of course, so some sanding will be inevitable. Do not remove the protective covering until all cutting is done, or the finished job could end up heavily scratched.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  2. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

I recently sold an Asus 1080Ti Poseidon. Here it is on my bench before sale.

[​IMG]

The main reason the guy wanted that particular card is the infiniti RGB setup on it, he felt it was the perfect match for his infiniti case. I wish I had more/better pix to offer but this is the only one he has sent me. Personally I have to agree.. its a great match. It would look even better under water, hard to tell in this pic but looks like it is all on air.

[​IMG]

DanglingPointer likes this.
  3. SirCollingwood

SirCollingwood Member

This has been a very informative thread. Glad I joined the forums!

4. Tazor

Tazor Member

Jesus christ I nearly had a seisure.... Looks pretty neat, especially with the server lights in the background. Pity they're not also RGB Aura sync compatible...

5. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

They are :thumbup:.. unless you mean the Infiniti case? I suspect that also is, most RGB have the same connector and can be managed by pretty much anyone's software.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  6. Tazor

Tazor Member

No I meant the server status indicators (if that's what all the green lights in the window reflection are) the GPU and Case are 100% aura compatible.

Can you imagine and entire server room with RGB indicators all synced up with the System?

7. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

I've asked him to send me more pix, but he has it stripped right now. He is installed a rigid loop, should be interesting.

8. Tazor

Tazor Member

I expect the tubing to have embedded LED's along it with infinity effect. In fact I think he needs to modify every components to have RGB LED's with infinity mirrors, otherwise I'm not impressed

9. radeon_freak

radeon_freak Member

Top_cat2, Pazzu, WishBone17 and 3 others like this.
  10. hairy

hairy Member

any reason for going away from the mono block ?

11. radeon_freak

radeon_freak Member

Not in particular. I think I just prefer the look of the standard block opposed to the mono and it allows me to use it in future builds :thumbup:

12. Evilhomer

Evilhomer Member

Sg13 running an i5 8400 and gigabyte 1060 itx

Phobiya 120x60mm rad with push - pull slim noctuas set up to exhaust out the front. Chinese pwm ddc pump with a random rectangle res that happened to fit pretty well.

20180530_123059.jpg

20180530_123048.jpg

20180530_123122.jpg

Top_cat2, Pazzu and museumman like this.
  13. museumman

museumman Member

on a plane with cocaine & yes im all lit up again

Pretty tidy little rig there EH. :thumbup:

Evilhomer likes this.
  14. Pazzu

Pazzu Member

Here is my build evolving from tentative WC tryout around June 2016.
    Its a 3770 w/ GTX 670

Had an
    EK Supremacy Copper block
    Heatkiller Nickle GPU full block
    Alphacool 360mm full copper rad
    PVC Vinly Tubing from Bunnings...

I had a reference 670 that ran too hot and loud to my liking, at this point, this is running towards an external aqua pump with a 3L milk jar as a reservoir, sadly I didn't take much photos of it.

I ran tap water :shock: though it and changed it every week for about 2 weeks, when I got my pump and res combo, there was a lot of mineral build up inside.

I bourght a cheap and dodgy af combo for 50 aud posted. fittings were also cheap ebay $2 barbed fittings and 90 degs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The final loop after flushing out the gunk from running tap water.

I had distilled water w/ a couple of drops of dish soap in the loop. Dye was a mix of red and blue Queens food dye.

The method sounds so unorthodox, but I was a modder and loved experimenting.
    I ran this loop for about 18 months with an average on time of 12hrs a day.

Temps were looking good over this long period, I only had to top up the distilled once at the 3 mnth mark, the system fully bled and the res did not drop at all.
    I had no leaks, no algae growth, no corrosion, and little staining. The tube hazed up badly, the vinyl leeching out from them, and I believed that is why the blocks got a little gunked up.

I took the loop apart after 18 months as the GPU was giving up, I bought a GTX 1060 in Nov 2017 and was meant to swap it in, but the GTX 670 lived for another 3 months before finally giving me boot issues.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fast forward to now, this is how my loop looks.

[​IMG]

I will be doing hardline tubing, and have ordered el cheapo parts from ebay (Not again.. XD). We shall see how it goes :D

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    Top_cat2, museumman and Evilhomer like this.
  15. Evilhomer

Evilhomer Member

Define S with an 8700k and 1080ti,

Cooling gear;

Ekwb 420 se
    Ekwb 280 se
    5x noctua ippc pwm
    Ekwb revo d5
    Ekwb rgb monoblock
    Aorus 1080ti wb edition

20180531_142036.jpg 20180531_142025.jpg

museumman and Pazzu like this.
  16. museumman

museumman Member

My current desktop. InWin 101C with Asrock X470 TaiChi and a R5 1600X.

[​IMG]

Pazzu and Evilhomer like this.
  17. museumman

museumman Member

I still love a good soft tube setup and would really love a full compliment of Noctuas but wallet says nope.

18. Evilhomer

Evilhomer Member

Yeah kept with soft tube for ease of use when doing maintenance or fiddling around with things. Tell me about it, they are worth every penny for me tho. :thumbup:

19. Evilhomer

Evilhomer Member

New case (Lian Li PC011 Dynamic), bit of a change around with some cooling gear.

2 x 360mm XE radiators, 1 x 360 PE, fans barley spin up with normal use now.

[​IMG]

self_slaughter, SSJ4 and Pazzu like this.
  20. Tazor

Tazor Member

Beautiful, I really like these cases.
    I'm also a big fan of the EK black rubber tubing myself (I use it in my rig), especially when you can get those really clean arches going.
    Great work :D

Evilhomer likes this.