Xtreme Cooled Case Gallery

Discussion in 'Extreme and Water Cooling' started by spikes, Aug 17, 2007.

1. juzz86

juzz86 Member

Yep, that's what it needed for sure. That top panel gets toasty! I ended up running the rad on the front.

2. nismoscrin

nismoscrin Member

First time water cooling. I should have gotten a bigger case, just an $80 Antec P8. The 360mm radiator just managed to fit at the top but had to bring it away from the ram as it didn’t have enough clearance.Used fishing line as I didn’t have anywhere to secure the radiator.

All EK parts: radiator, pump, tubing, fitting and blocks.

It is annoying to drain the loop, not all the water comes out. Any recommendations to set it up better?

Attached Files:

DanglingPointer, juzz86 and Pazzu like this.
  3. kEv_

kEv_ Member

looks good, nice idea with the fishing line, 2 choices to fix really, 1. Drill 2. New case, personally i'd just drill new holes in an $80 case

just drain all you can then pull the bottom hose off the pump and point it down into a bucket, tip it, shake it
    i'm assuming thats a drain hiding under the gpu power, that should get most of it out

4. radeon_freak

radeon_freak Member

Looks good.

Personally if it was me I'd make a couple of small changes.

Swap the drain port and GPU hose around. Grab a 90 degree rotary and use it on the other port of the GPU block as your inlet. That way it comes straight off the reservoir, straight out towards the GPU and by the looks of it that should line up pretty good and eliminate that whole saggy bend tube you got going below the GPU. It would also mean the GPU outlet would line up pretty much perfectly with the CPU inlet making it look more neat.

Also if you swapped the drain port around you could even use some tubing straight off the reservoir and run it down to an obscure location and then plumb in the drain. You will never get all of the water out of the pump but if you moved the drain port and changed the resrvoir outlet atleast it would be the lowest point in the loop.

Hope that helps.

Click to view full size!

kEv_ likes this.
  5. juzz86

juzz86 Member

That's a very tidy loop for such a small case mate - you've done bloody well!

I'd also swap the GPU ports over as radeon-freak suggests, but wouldn't stress too much on the drain port myself - that bottom GPU port is perfectly placed for you to crack the hose off the fitting, drain the blocks and radiator via the GPU, then drop the res hose into a bucket and drain that - no need for a dedicated port, unless you want it for looks! :thumbup:

I love the curves, looks awesome.

6. nismoscrin

nismoscrin Member

Thanks. I shall make those changes the next time I drain the loop.

Curves in the tubing create tension on the waterblocks don't they? Leads to cracking if fittings done too tight as well...

7. juzz86

juzz86 Member

You'll crack acetal and strip delrin if your fittings are too tight. Given the total weight of the tubing and fluid hanging off each of your fittings, you're not going to stress a block or anything mate. No need for concern there :thumbup:

8. zarthaz

zarthaz Member

Hi radeon freak, I am just in the process of building my Evolve X atm, and was going to re use my EK 360 Predator AIO in the front. Now that thing has the pump incorporated in the radiator and it makes it a bigger than 360, clocks in at 415mm and it looks a bit problematic, and it is not a bad cooler, but not great either I think. Anyway, was thinking of doing my first custom loop with a 360 rad up the front and it would be just cooling the CPU for the moment. That is a 9700K, now i been trying to figure out on how to mount the reservoir, and it seems you have the solution already. I haven't done customs before , just dropped in AIO, so kinda clueless right now hehe
    What rad and and what reservoir/pump is that you have in the front exactly? And is all fitted with out of the box brackets etc? No modding involved for just plainly a rad up front and that what seems to be a EK reservoir/pump?

Cheers

9. museumman

museumman Member

on a plane with cocaine & yes im all lit up again
  10. akromatic

akromatic Member

Here is my little contribution, it isn't much with pretty low end stuff but I mainly only need it to feed chrome.

DSC_0220 (Custom).JPG

Attached Files:

11. museumman

museumman Member

What case is that matey?

12. akromatic

akromatic Member

lian li pc-q37 aka the baby o11

13. museumman

museumman Member

14. Tazor

Tazor Member

Freaking love that case! Wanted one but was a bit out of my price range :/ really like that build though man, great work!

15. hellaflush

hellaflush Member

Tidy build! What are you using for lighting and fans?

16. bennydigitall

bennydigitall New Member

Hey guys, my 2nd attempt at a water cooled rig, nothing too fancy. 8700k and GTX1080TI.

[​IMG]

17. havabeer

havabeer Member

love the little storm trooper

18. AstinGC90

AstinGC90 Member

Looks really clean. I like the coolant color with the white contrast a lot. Probably going to steal that haha

19. museumman

museumman Member

Swapped my B450/1600X/Nano out of my 250D and into a Corsair 280X.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. juzz86

juzz86 Member

I love it, the symmetry is awesome mate.

Requesting a cyan screenshot if you get a chance :thumbup::thumbup:

museumman and AstinGC90 like this.