1. Check out OCAU's review of the SpaceX Starlink satellite internet service!
    Dismiss Notice

Xtreme Cooled Case Gallery

Discussion in 'Extreme and Water Cooling' started by spikes, Aug 17, 2007.

1. havabeer

havabeer Member

nice build.
    what are you actually using to control the RGB on the fans? I'm really not a fan of the cryorig ones i have in my o11D. the only other thing that annoyed me is the monoblock, why is there always one component that is like 5mm off lining up properly and makes one tube not parallel.

SeiferCQGL likes this.
  2. SeiferCQGL

SeiferCQGL Member

I am using the Gigabyte RGBFusion software, it works with everything in the case so able to one click to change it all to whatever I want with no effort at all.
    And yeah I know what you mean about things not 100% lining up…my OCD went ballistic on this one but I got it as close as humanly possible for now. Who knows? Maybe I’ll adjust if I find a better way to do it..but for now I’ll just strap myself in and feel the G’s

3. drunkntigr

drunkntigr Member

Yeah I'm using a white NR200 atm and was deciding on the 011D mini, ended up getting a H510 (regret it now, as the metal finish isn't smooth matt black like the NR200). Might use it on a spare and get the Lian li 011D.

I really wanted that all black tubing look like the coal miner pc.

4. drunkntigr

drunkntigr Member

Did you just get some cable from an old case? Will just joining exposed cables at one end do the same trick instead of the button?

Nice, is this normal with a gpu block?

You can get black ones now chromax, but not the industrial grade.

The H200 is nice.

Umbrella Corp. likes this.
  5. Umbrella Corp.

Umbrella Corp. Member

Yes, I have many of these laying around canalised from various old cases over the years, 56 degrees is a little high but that is the problem with the H200 and good airflow, as well as a +120Mhz on the clock and 400 on the VRAM. I may change over the fans when and if I get a chance of buying a GPU and newer CPU, looking at getting a 5900x and a RTX card of some sort some time next year.

6. Sledge

Sledge Member

PureFire likes this.
  7. radeon_freak

radeon_freak Member

Finally finished this off today.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      654.5 KB
      Views:
    AMD180, Bolter01, demowhc and 7 others like this.
  8. jekel

jekel Member

Late reply but yeh 011D is good, there is supposed to be an evo version coming late this year which has a few new things in there that may be worth waiting for.

Updated my build a tiny bit as swapped the 1080TI>2080TI>3080TI. I had to lose the fan under the dual d5 pumps as the 2080TI/3080TI on air are too long so had to make some room and move the pumps over a bit. Still tempted to get a block for my 3080TI but finding it hard to even have time to tinker with my pc much due to kids so holding off for now.

[​IMG]

woja and Borg3:16 like this.
  9. woja

woja Member

How much difference do you reckon the dual pumps make vs a single pump?

10. jekel

jekel Member

None lol I just like the idea of redundancy if one failed. Even when I had a 1000D with 4x360mm rads at one point i had 1xd5 pump then added this. I still think one is enough :)

woja likes this.
  11. woja

woja Member

Gotcha, was just wondering as my single pwm d5 seems a bit loud but I'm not sure if that's because it's mounted to a bay reservoir that's making the case vibrate a bit. Maybe I'll go for a tube res and see. I do have another d5 but that's a vario.

12. jekel

jekel Member

Hhmm could be. My dual d5 running at about 50% speed I dont hear them over the fans. When I had a single was tube res too and quiet but had to run it lower speed that one as vortexed alot. Very happy with the dual though no complaints although sometimes wish i had distro plate/d5 set up just for looks lol...

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
    woja and BlueRaven like this.
  13. BlueRaven

BlueRaven Brute force & optimism

My internal dialog while browsing trading forums/PCCG/scorptec:
    "Please?"
    "No mate."
    "But it looks so nice though!"
    "No mate."
    "$450 isn't that much..."
    "No mate."

woja my D5 is actually a Swiftech MCP655 (i.e. non-vario/PWM version) and the last board I used it on had no voltage control, so there was always a definite hum/vibration there.
    A decently thick silicone rubber pad and some rubber washers under the mounting bolts sorted it out, mostly.
    Not sure how you could achieve the same with a bayres/pump combo, maybe a cut-to-size rubber or foam gasket between the pump body and the res? The screws will still transmit vibration though.
    Or just turn it down a bit I guess.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
    woja and jekel like this.
  14. n3wbi379

n3wbi379 Member

All done now.
    Very happy with temps too.

Attached Files:

Umbrella Corp. and snappy1 like this.