1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Yamaha MCR-B142-Price check

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by Daft_Munt, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Daft_Munt

Daft_Munt Member

Hi All,

Saw this at the tip shop minus remote for $150. Is it worth it? I have an older model (has 2xtape drive, CD, tuner) great sound, CD failing.

2. Hi-end Head

Hi-end Head Member

question.. "Did you see and hear it [ALL] working" If so offer them twenty dollars.

3. JSmithDTV

JSmithDTV Member

Depends on how old it is... new these are $345, but sans remote and likely 5+ years old maybe $80.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/yamaha-mcr-b142-review.730186/

There's better micro systems if that is what you're after, but if you can get this cheap it might fit what you need it for.

JSmith

4. alexb618

alexb618 Member

i picked one of these up a couple of years ago off gumtree for $60. definitely worth $60, youll need the remote though.

5. OP
    OP
    Daft_Munt

Daft_Munt Member

I did hear the CD/USB/3.5mm input work, turner couldnt be tested due to lack of antenna. This tip shop does test things before putting them on sale and offer 14 day refund. DTV I did see that review and though fuck it. Couldnt be worse than some of the Sony shit I have heard/seen. Doesnt stand up to the other Yamaha in the house.

Ended up paying $80 which is way too much sans remote. Sounds decent and will end up using the app on a phone to control it. The main use of it will be in the conservatory or bedroom or OS.