Your current mouse, do you like it, hows it holding up?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by maev, Oct 3, 2011.

1. nav

nav Member

The original MS Optical (X802382) was the best mouse ever:

ms-mouse.jpg

Sadly had to move on after 20 or so years, but I've been enjoying the Steelseries Sensei [RAW]:

steel-series.jpeg

I like the cloth cord and rubberised shell (less hand salsa). It would be perfect if they got rid of all the side buttons and silly lights.

-nav.

2. alexb618

alexb618 Member

microsoft 3600

3. wwwww

wwwww Member

2x MX Master 1
    1x MX Master 3

They work exceptionally well on any surface.
    One of the MX Masters double clicks instead of single clicks sometimes and will be replaced (right now it's sitting with my workstation 10,000 miles away so no point changing it yet).

The scrollwheels are all choppy and often continue scrolling after stopped, so yeah, they're all working as good as new.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  4. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan Member

I tried to clean mine out, and it went from too many lmb clicks when I clicked once, to now not registering every lmb click. I had a quick look, but couldn’t find an obvious way to open them up - the button did pry upwards enough to attempt some form of maintenance however.

5. power

power Member

i don't mind it (great basic office mouse, incredibly reliable) but like the back button and shape of the intellimouse.

6. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Ahhhh yes I remember those, standard issue for our company. Held up pretty well.

7. yoink

yoink Member

I've used many different mice over the years, Microsoft, Logitech, A4tech, and many other brands, with various technologies.
    These days (past 10 years or so!) I use the Apple magic mouse - the main reasons I can't move past it is the scroll - having no physical scroll wheel means much better control, a physical scroll wheel just can't compete, and I do a lot of scrolling each day, so until I can find a mouse that does as well or better, that's it. For gaming, I have an original Microsoft Sidewinder gaming mouse from 2007 (old!), but I don't game much these days...

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  8. power

power Member

really? i tend to switch between scroll and button press drag (or flick in my case) and the MM is a little slow to do things like this. To be fair a LOT of mice have bad scroll wheels.

9. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Personal preference of course, but no way I could do no scroll wheel.

10. yoink

yoink Member

What is button press drag? Maybe I can learn something new :)

It did take me a while, but now that I'm used to it, I just find the mouse wheel frustrating

11. power

power Member

click the mouse wheel button and just drag the mouse, maybe i described it wrong.

12. yoink

yoink Member

Ah right - yeah that can be faster than using the physical wheel.

13. Elmf

Elmf Member

what a thread revival.

Switching between Corsair M65 RGB (not my favourite) a newly purchased Logitech G304 (way better) and about to swap the Corsair out for a Nixeus I got off here because it's a cool shape!

I miiiiiight also do my work on an MX Master 2S,have an anywhere 2S sitting around because I used to take it into the office and a Razer DeathAdder Essential on the way from Prime Day ($30 delivered, what was I meant to do, not buy it)?

I think I have a Abyssus Elite sitting on a shelf somewhere too. Weighs as much as air.

14. power

power Member

heh, just saw my first post back in 2011 I had an MS Habu. which i really liked moved onto a Razer Mamba 2012 Elite. I like that it's wired or wireless depending on how you feel.

15. philquad

philquad Member

yoink likes this.
  16. yoink

yoink Member

Neat!

17. Myne_h

Myne_h Member

https://www.cnet.com/reviews/logitech-g9-laser-mouse-review/

2007 reprazent.

Had to replace the cable and resolder the wheel sensors but still going ok.

I've looked, but all the new ones are kinda fugly or insanely expensive. 200 for a mouse? Wtf!

Tbf it's the same with keyboards. N key roll-over costs a fortune now but shitty $2 ps2 keyboards used to do it fine.

18. Franc

Franc Member

I think you are only saying that as its most peoples upgrade from physical mouse ball mice *shudder* I still have one here and its not nearly as nice as almost all current non-cheap ass mice.

That said, it still works and works well. Ive been through a bunch of mice and cant find anything better than the ms sidewinder i had that has a sticky wheel and i cant use it (known issue with these mice). I atm use a corsair rgb mouse (glaive and ironclaw depending on the pc)

19. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Even my shitty $5 Dell mice at work have a scroll wheel. One thing they don't have though which I miss is back/forward buttons.