1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Your favourite ALDI buys

Discussion in 'Geek Food' started by ddk, Apr 8, 2012.

1. josh1990

josh1990 Member

Missus works in a chemist, sells finish tabs there but no discount or would've went with those. If I see finish tabs for $0.15 each I'll grab some to try.

Will likely give the powder a go at some point. How much do you use and where do you put it? In the little thingo on the door or? No manual in the cupboard for it. Might have to pull it out and get the model # so I can get the manual.

2. broccoli

broccoli Member

Yes, and you put just enough to be able to shut the door on it.

3. josh1990

josh1990 Member

Thanks broc :thumbup:

4. Ma Baker

Ma Baker Retired

Keep an eye on ozBargain, they'll tell you when the Finish are on special at Groupon/Catch of the Day. I normally buy a years worth and they work out just over 13c a tablet.

I love it when Aldi have the tinned caramel filling. Unfortunately they only do it as a special. It's so much cheaper than the Nestle version and just as nice.

5. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

The Finish tablets you get on groupon and those sites, are NOT as good as the ones you buy from Coles. I bought 96 of them from COTD, and found that they weren't disolving and basically, doing jack all. I emailed Finish, and they said "they are unable to quality control the ones sold on those websites" and they offered to send me a pack of them.

6. pduthie_au

pduthie_au Member

Hmm. Can't say I've had that issue with the bulk lot we bought 3-4 years ago from COTD. Almost down to our last ones now (there's only 2 of us, and we run our dishwasher about 2-3 times a fortnight).

7. grommet80

grommet80 Member

I find these much better than Finish, especially the cheap finish ones.

8. broccoli

broccoli Member

They are much better than the "ordinary" fairy ones, too. I think they are the Fairy equivalent to the Finish Quantum, but I'm not sure because I've never used the Finish Quantum.

If you drink tea, you need the platinum ones. Ordinary ones don't seem to like tannin stains.

9. sanjay

sanjay Member

have you tried finish brand tablets? you may find they work even better. ive never had any luck with non-finish brand tablets in any dishwasher ive ever used.

i usually buy 110 packs of finish tabs from the reject shop, costs $20.

latest surprise aldi purchase from me are their leather dress shoes. they are plain, but an otherwise stylish narrow design, and the leather feels quite nice. theyre also surprisingly comfortable. decent for $30 :thumbup:

10. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

I like the Aldi branded detergent. Works pretty swell and cheaper than branded stuff at Coles/Woolies

11. josh1990

josh1990 Member

Don't shop at the reject shop, won't shop at the reject shop. I haven't tried any others yet, however if they (finish) come on a really good special @ colesworth or off ozbargain I may try them. But I see no point in spending more money when the cheap product will do the job.

12. Ma Baker

Ma Baker Retired

The ones I've bought have been from Australia so they've been great. I would have tried the Aldi ones if I hadn't just purchased my latest bulk ones. Never had one that won't dissolve yet.

13. Reaper

Reaper Member

We only use fairy platinums. They used to be in 20 packs, now in 30 packs. Always get them on special at coles for $10. They are pretty regular with the half price deal there. We've got heaps right now and will wait until we get down to the last pack before looking at buying more.

Did they change their juice supplier? The small bottle is much yummy than I remember it was.

14. Johnbu

Johnbu Member

Fairy tablet fan here.

My Asko doesn't like Finish.

15. broccoli

broccoli Member

I bought a whole heap on special. Big W had them, I'm not sure they are still stocking them though.

I will try the Aldi ones, it's handy to find out whether things are any good so that if you don't have your preferred ones you can grab others.

16. sanjay

sanjay Member

ahhh...why? are you too good for the reject shop (but seemingly not too good for aldi)? :confused:

housemate bought a 2 litre bottle of washing machine liquid from aldi the other day - $1.50 :)shock: ) - seems to work really well in our shit old top loader hoover 5kg washer, and for the price cant even be matched by the cheapest of washing powders.

17. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

Maybe he had a bad experience with Reject Shop 'branded' products.. The Finish tablets are Parallel import, likely differ in quality to the ones you buy from colesworths. Not saying that makes them shit by default, but several other thingsthey bring in this way are

18. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

i find most aldi products are comparable to their more expensive counterparts EXCEPT for Nappysan Vanish.

19. josh1990

josh1990 Member

It's really none of your business but the incident involved my partner and a lawsuit whilst she was working there. So yes, we choose not to give them our money.

20. Niggle

Niggle Member

Chocolate licorice. Freakin' awesome!

I bought a dishwasher from there a bit over a year ago. Complete sh*thouse.