Your mobile phone history

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by Amfibius, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Neo Cortex

Neo Cortex Member

I usually upgraded once every couple of years, so had a couple of phones..

I still have all my phones with original boxes + accessories :thumbup:

Nokia 5110
    Was a hand-me-down from parents & first phone, everyone had 3310's at the time so I was a bit behind. Still loved the idea of having my own phone so didn't really care about the fact it was a brick!
    [​IMG]

2004-2005
    Nokia 3315
    As soon as I could afford a new phone I bought myself a Nokia 3315 for $99 prepaid, loved this phone to bits & had sweet cover with gold buttons :leet:
    Best nick 3315 out of all my mates.
    [​IMG]

2005-2006
    Motorola V220
    First camera phone! I got this when everyone had those Nokia's with cut out covers, always wanted a flip phone and this had an outside display & camera.
    [​IMG]

2006-2008
    Sony Ericsson w810i
    Got over flip and wanted candybar again, nearly bought the w800 but hated the idea of a joystick. Never really used it as a music player, just liked it for practicality & durability of it. Missus dropped it in water on NYE 08/09. First phone I owned that died.
    [​IMG]

Nokia 6120c
    When these came out I wanted one! Nice and simple, in my price range and a good replacement for my w810i. Only had it about 8 months though as I moved into the smartphone range.
    [​IMG]

2009-2010
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Biggest piece of shit ever!!! Dead pixels when I got it, slow and clunky (Win Mo 5) and HTC warranty dept fail at life. Put me off HTC forever!
    Keyboard was awesome though.
    [​IMG]

2010-2012
    Apple iPhone 4
    Bit the bullet and went Apple for work (Only phone that has an app I need).
    My favourite phone by far, and huge improvement on the HTC. Not an Apple fanboy, and know there is better phones out there, but this does everything I need. Mine died a horrible death a few weeks ago, and so I'm painfully back using my HTC 'till I find another iPhone cheap.
    [​IMG]

2. broccoli

broccoli Member

What happened to that phone??

3. Neo Cortex

Neo Cortex Member

Out the window at 110km/h on the freeway, then got ran over by 2 cars and a truck :tired:

Did still turn on, vibrate and got all of my data off it :thumbup:

4. broccoli

broccoli Member

Oh, and you braved getting run over on the Freeway to retrieve it :lol:

5. KriiV

KriiV Member

HA! They do make them tough.

6. Neo Cortex

Neo Cortex Member

Yeah, pulled over and waited until there was no cars coming.. Thats how I know 2 cars and a truck ran over it :(

7. Zevier01

Zevier01 (Banned or Deleted)

Had an iphone 4 lost it, got an iphone 4s lost that then just bought a 2nd hand iphone 4 as all new phones comming out soon so would be a waste, and there is not much difference imo iphone 4 to 4s and 4 is cheaper.

8. Braedz

Braedz Member

Imate Jamin- (Not bad back in the day, one of the better smartphones on the market back then)

[​IMG]

Nokia N95- (One of the best phones I have had, build quality was shit though)

[​IMG]

Samsung Omnia (Worst phone ever, slow and clunky, POS)

[​IMG]

HTC Magic (Android was nice and refreshing, bit laggy at times, had alot of fun with custom roms)

[​IMG]

Iphone 4 (Great phone, did everything I asked well)

[​IMG]

Nokia Lumia 800 (Best phone I have had by far, just another step up from the Iphone 4, Windows Phone 7 is nice and refreshing)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  9. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

How did it come to end up there??

10. Sipheren

Sipheren Member

My phone history isn't that long, I only got my first phone in year 10 I think (2001).

Firstly was a 3310 (i think)
    [​IMG]

Next I got myself, what was at the time, a cool phone. One of the first with a camera. 7250i
    [​IMG]

After that I moved to a Razr V3X which I thought looked fairly cool.
    [​IMG]

Then I found my love for Apple starting with a 3G
    [​IMG]

Then a white 3GS...
    [​IMG]

And currently I have a black 4...
    [​IMG]

I am thinking I'll probably just stick with Apple and get the 5 when it comes out but I have been very interested in the Samsung Note.

11. Scorpion1080

Scorpion1080 Member

Ericsson T28 - 1999 lauch date
    First phone while at school. I had the phone the first day it was released and everyone at school was pretty jealous.
    [​IMG]

Nokia 8890 - 2000 launch date
    Now this was the phone which everyone wanted. People at school were like, "what the hell is that phone? Can I see it?" Even today its a sexy ass phone.
    [​IMG]

Nokia 8310 - 2001 1 week after launch
    I only stopped using the 8890 because it did not have an FM radio like the 8310
    [​IMG]

Nokia 6230
    This had a 1.3mp camera!!! It was a good phone
    [​IMG]

Sony Ericsson K750i - Launch date
    I didn't even know anything about the phone. I was in the mobile phone store because I heard there was a Nokia 6230i out.
    I asked what the K750i was and found out it was only released today and we do not have any left in stock. So I rushed around to an optus store and managed to find one still in stock.
    [​IMG]

Nokia N95
    This was also a good phone.. Had the most amazing camera at the time.. AND!!! GPS!! WOAH!
    http://i.imgur.com/wPbIr.jpg

Iphone 3
    Now came the Iphone's
    [​IMG]

Iphone 4 Black
    I skipped over the 3GS
    [​IMG]

Iphone 4s White (current phone)
    [​IMG]

12. Neo Cortex

Neo Cortex Member

I was taking a photo from the passenger seat and the flappy leather cover got caught in the wind :tired:

13. influx

influx Member

2000 Bosch 509 ugly but it worked

[​IMG]

2001 Nokia 3210

2003 Nokia 5510

2004 LG L1100

[​IMG]

2005 Motorola V3 Razr - what a great phone. Kept it forever and still have it in a drawer somewhere

2010 HTC Desire

2012 Motorola Droid Razr

14. Slugoid

Slugoid Member

2012 - Samsung Galaxy Note
    After the misfortune of losing my SGS2 in a Hong Kong taxi, I decided to try something new but definitely Android again. Was deciding between the Note and the Galaxy Nexus, but since the Nexus had no expandable memory, I decided to go with the Note. Plus it's pretty much the fat twin of the SGS2 :p. 3 weeks with this phone and I can say it's got everything the SGS2 has and more...much more! Very fun phone to own and having a huge screen is a refreshing. I've even sold my iPad, which I rarely used, since owning the Note.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  15. toXin

toXin Member

I know what it's like, those HTCs are fucking shit. I'm not sure if you know this but, Apple warranty is pretty good. You can get a refurb 4 for like, $180 if memory serves. Just give them your one, pay them, and you get a refurb.

Hell they take the phone even if you drop it in a pool, as long as it's still in tact and not in a million pieces. Seeing as yours still works, they will likely accept it.

16. Rmack

Rmack Member

Uniden PCD2000A
    Motorola Brick
    Motorola Startac
    Ericsson GH688
    Nokia 5110
    nokia 6150
    Siemens M55
    Siemens SK65
    Motorola A830
    Nokia 6820
    Nokia N70
    Samsung i600
    Samsung i900
    Samsung i8000
    Samsung Omnia 7

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  17. Ecstasy

Ecstasy Member

18. EuroSlave

EuroSlave Member

Too many phones to remember from lots of different brands but the ones that stand out in my mind as being the phones I really liked were the Ericsson T28 and the K600 (in fact nearly all the K series phones) The flip LG's with the middle rotating camera were cool. Used the e61 for a little and then picked up a Xperia X1 - good build quality great screen and keyboard.

From that I went to the galaxy S and can't find a reason to upgrade. (actually i'd use the T28 for nostalgia value if I could :thumbup:)