Your recent acquisitions, or what retro have you bought lately?

Discussion in 'Retro & Arcade' started by power, Feb 20, 2011.

1. jmannik

jmannik Member

No interest in the power glove or virtual boy.

Care to donate one of your Sega Saturn's to me? :p

2. shane41

shane41 Member

Not really fair......I'm sure the plastic or glad wrap covering it cost money :leet:

3. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

donate me a full time job and you can have all three of my Saturns :tired:

4. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

wii u arrived today. (setup)

will be the last gaming thing I get until i am in another job.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  5. shane41

shane41 Member

Start your own shop :thumbup:

6. dacow

dacow Member

Just dropping by to say what an awesome pick up and looks in pretty good knick too! I love living out my retro fantasies through others :) :)

:thumbup::thumbup:

7. badmofo

badmofo Member

I haven’t been picking up much lately, partly due to lack of interest but our shite exchange rate is also a deterrent. I picked up the following pretty cheaply but paid well over 100 clams to consolidate and ship it all, which takes the fun right out of it.

These are all NOS – I was particularly happy with the Flightstick. I was hoping that the OPLSAx card was a better implementation than I’ve seen to this point – i.e. that it would be a full height card with nicer drivers - but alas it’s half height and the driver disk is missing altogether. The AWE64 is a nice card for the 25 bucks I paid and I have a simmconn here for it. I had a ‘gold’ once but didn’t like the posh rca connectors, which are just an affectation IMHO

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. BuuBox

BuuBox Member

I've bought a few things recently.

NOS CPUs, the Cyrix is my favourite:

Click to view full size!

Click to view full size!

Click to view full size!

Click to view full size!

FX5900 Ultra:

Click to view full size!

Original Gameboy with a garish cover and the bivert backlight screen mod:

Click to view full size!

Super Mario RPG (NTSC-U):

Click to view full size!

Got a modified Super Famicom coming my way to play Super Mario RPG too. Has the SuperCIC chip and component video out. :D

Nice few items! I've been looking mostly at NOS stuff now, sick of getting secondhand items in poor condition.

9. shane41

shane41 Member

Nice shopping there guys on the boxed stuff :thumbup:

10. badmofo

badmofo Member

Oooh me likes the CPUs, nice work. Yes I've developed a taste for NOS too, and have found myself replacing (perfectly good) second hand stuff with new if I come across it at reasonable prices. It just makes me feel good on the inside :thumbup:

11. Flamin Joe

Flamin Joe Member

Special thanks to JidaiGeki for pointing this one out to me. :thumbup: I was a little slack with my eBay searches having just recently picked up a PC2 and PC4 so totally missed it. Picked it up yesterday after having the winning bid. :D

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vintage-...3PjWzUZgM3JDeWn%2Bt9o%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Despite the outside condition the only issues I've found is that the PSU is dead and after replacing that with a spare it also appears the Hard Drive is stuffed as it's not powering on. Not sure what brand / size RLL drive it has as I will need to go to the trouble of removing the full length Adaptec RLL/Floppy Controller just to get to some of the screws. Apart from that everything is surprisingly nice and clean inside including the motherboard.

Really need to stop buying these machines as I've now got a backlog of PC repairs/restorations plus I need to take photos and document part numbers and anything else of interest for my website, and I've still got a PC4 to arrive hopefully next week! :wired:

FYI If anyone is interested in any Apple gear it might be worth contacting the seller to see what he has. He doesn't have anything listed but he was mentioning he picked up a couple of old Apple computers a while back from schools. He often comes across old computer's, a lot of it gets scrapped, but he holds onto the interesting stuff to eventually resell.

12. badmofo

badmofo Member

This NES was one of those eBay purchases that could have gone either way – the pics weren’t great and the description was a one-liner. But the seller had a good rep and although it arrived in what looked like several layers of household rubbish, I was pleasantly surprised by its condition.

This “Action Set” is replacing my existing “Control Deck”, for which I paid way too much and bought from a dealer, so they’d already cleaned / opened it, and had replaced the 72 pin connector (and didn’t do a great job of it). There’s something about doing all that stuff myself which endears me to a new purchase, and although this new one wasn’t filthy, it did need a general going over (fun!). I won’t be replacing the connector in this one - the original is in decent condition and I’m happy to put in the effort to maintain it. After a clean it’s loading games no probs and doesn’t do the death grip thing that the repro ones can do.

The controllers needed a clean inside and out but are tight and work A-OK. The gun looks barely used – I guess the original owner didn’t dig on Duck Hunt.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. BuuBox

BuuBox Member

Clean NES Action Set, very nice!

14. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

I have a little bit of NES stuff also. That is a nice action set :thumbup:

[​IMG]
    a bunch of stuff not pictured like guns, more controllers and a top loader, but I don't have the action set :)

15. shane41

shane41 Member

16. BuuBox

BuuBox Member

I have a boxed Action Set and a few other things, but the only games I really played on NES were the Mario games, so Super Mario All Stars does the nostalgia job for me.

Bought a R.O.B. on here a long time ago which is pretty cool, but sadly it needs a CRT TV like the lightgun.

I should sell it to fund other retro purchases...

17. shane41

shane41 Member

" CRT TV " coming out my butthole, Smallest 26" :eek:

18. partybear

partybear Member

I got a cool thing today a alien vs predator cps2 board. The warranty stickers and pin are all still in place and yet the battery was still hanging in there haha.

I quickly put in a new battery and it is a perfectly working unit.

http://imgur.com/a/S22sa

19. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

Nice, is that a x360 fightstick youve adapted to your setup?

20. shane41

shane41 Member

Had a serious amount of frustration lately trying to find period correct pieces.
    Mainly the best Ati 9800 pro for my loved socket A.
    Either miss auction or just priced stupid high. :tongue: Not given up yet.
    This is not retro yet, but deserving a place on a 939 single core machine.

Do you agree?

[​IMG]