Your recent acquisitions, or what retro have you bought lately?

Discussion in 'Retro & Arcade' started by power, Feb 20, 2011.

1. partybear

partybear Member

It is just the shell of a xbox 360 controller, the buttons are just directly connected to the jamma loom through the db15 cable. It has no logic board in it and can't connect to anything else other then this specific supergun. I also replaced all the stock buttons and stick with sanwa parts because the cheap stock ones are really bad to be honest.

2. Cannula

Cannula Member

Still on holidays at my parent's and went to a second hand shop in Taree. I looked through some cheap keyboards in a $10 tub and at the bottom found an Ortek MCK-101FX keyboard.
    It has Alps clone mechanical keys and still has the Lotus 1-2-3/Word Perfect function key card with the dBase IV one and generic ones missing.
    Made in the early 90s it doesn't have any Windows keys and it even has an XT/AT switch underneath it labelled 8088/80286 80386. The guy said, "that's an old one, you can have it for five". :D
    I'm going to make a 386 soon and this will be the keyboard I'll use, here is a link to some good info on it.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  3. shane41

shane41 Member

Never seen one of those. Guy is mental $5 :confused:

4. shane41

shane41 Member

Think this is the most beautiful seller pic in a long time.
    Haha yes to do with missing out on 9800 pro's :p

[​IMG]

Supercharged 462 :weirdo:

5. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

cool man :)
    I have a 360 stick too, but its all stock and any spare buttons would be better put into my arcade or into my xarcade pros. :thumbup:

6. shane41

shane41 Member

So over it. Missed the auction. Pay the next ferry man?

[​IMG]

7. partybear

partybear Member

Yeah the result of hacking up the xbox one wasn't even very good. One day when I'm bored I'm going to scrap the xbox case and just make a wooden one from scratch.

The xbox one is very light and I dunno just doesn't feel right plus it has 8 buttons, and to my knowledge there is no game that uses 8 buttons. I have heaps of fighting game boards and none use more then 6.

8. Oblivion-330

Oblivion-330 Member

Shane dont forget the radeon 9800xt, its faster than the pro!

9. badmofo

badmofo Member

A little bit! That's a great collection. Are the loose consoles just backups? Or do you rotate them?

They seem to be solid as a rock these original NES's but you've got me thinking I should keep an eye out for a spare too.

10. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

Theyre all working spares.

But I generally keep two units in rotation kept in best-shape, with the region chip and controller region resistors disabled.

I can mod and spruce up any of the other extras at any time.

I really hope to get a hdmi mod for my toploader some time in the distant future, and if I do that'll probably become my main nes :)

11. badmofo

badmofo Member

What's the accepted wisdom with regard to leaving carts in the NES front loader? Is it OK to leave them in there b/w play sessions? Or should they be popped up? Removed completely?

12. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

any and all carts are fine to leave in consoles.

think of the connectors like RAM, would you take the RAM out of your PC every time you turned it off?

13. badmofo

badmofo Member

No sir I would not! Good to hear and it makes sense I guess - I was just thinking that the front loader with its slightly odd connector setup might not appreciate the constant pressure.

14. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

it's worse for a carts pins to insert/remove repeatedly then it is to wear away any minor tensile strength of the socket.

Front loaders can act very weird, even if the cart and socket is perfectly clean, they can still play up if they've been taken apart and not calibrated (using a cartridge) when put back together.

15. shane41

shane41 Member

I have been looking at them, they're big chunky & solid looking.
    But most auctions have been hitting $30-35 :eek: + that stupid expensive DHL
    I'm patient, the right one will present itself

16. shane41

shane41 Member

Some preeeeeties :) Except that middle one, need buff it with a grinder :tongue:

[​IMG]

17. philscomputerlab

philscomputerlab Member

Look what the postman delivered?

Something very special, such a fancy box...

[​IMG]

Oh, it's just a Pentium 4 :Pirate:

[​IMG]

But seriously, seller did a great job at packing this.

Also, with so many people complaining about prices and chasing high powered Pentium 3 gear, this kit of Intel chipset 478 board, CPU, RAM and GPU was 20 Aussie dollars :)

And it's a great base for a Windows 98 retro gaming PC.

Large caps are in mint condition, Nichicon. The smaller ones are G-Luxon.

Bonus: Takes Willamette too :)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  18. shane41

shane41 Member

....................moving along nothing to see here, oooh shiny cables.................
    edit. Did think a big Asus gpu trickster

19. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

Some might remember a little while back a fellow was selling literally hundreds of cards from a frankly amazing collection, on Ebay (someone linked on here, maybe buubox?) Anyway, I did grab some cards off him, and got him to send them all to me in one to save some post which was nice.. So at least some of his collection has one of many new homes..

Firstly, an oddball: The Oxygen 202. Very early Dual graphics - Given we are still struggling with dual GPU implentations nearly 20 years later., I found this more of a facination more than something I'll actually use :) I'm surethe engineers would have shocked to know it still wasn't a perfected idea so far in the future.

[​IMG]

A very significant card in Nvidia's history - The Riva 128 was there first real . DX/OpenGL GPU

[​IMG]

Diamond Multimedia V770 (Riva TNT2) .. Holds a special place in my heart. Combined with the first Athlon, This card saw me through games such as System shock 2 and Quake 3. Some of the most memorable and significant of the time.

[​IMG]

Rage 128 Pro - ATI's TNT2 or perhaps Geforce competitor based on its release date. Say no more.. I never owned one before, but I look forward to comparing the two at some point!

20. philscomputerlab

philscomputerlab Member

Nice 3D cards :)

The TNT2 especially is a very useful card.