1. Win some Crucial goodies in OCAU's Christmas Treasure Hunt!
    Dismiss Notice

Your recent acquisitions, or what retro have you bought lately?

Discussion in 'Retro & Arcade' started by power, Feb 20, 2011.

1. WuZMoT

WuZMoT Member

nope, and this one has no cables or controllers. i have a mate with a dead one i might give it to him if it works. exchange it for his dead one and then pass that onto someone that might fix/restore it maybe...

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  2. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

New power bricks can be had for cheap (I can recommend a seller - same one as the PAL NES, and new ones are well made, sunny have a lot of noise).

Genuine controllers are stupid cheap from Japanese sellers. (I think you need to remove a resistor to make them work on AU consoles, but it's a trivial mod).

3. WuZMoT

WuZMoT Member

I can see some oxidization on the cartridge slot. I might pull it apart and try clean it up a bit before i test it with my mates accessories as a starting point.

4. mR_CaESaR

mR_CaESaR Member

Purchased these two for a whole 25 bux! :leet::leet::leet:

20181206_225051.jpg

The internal bracket and solenoid is EXACTLY the same as the original Namco, however, the solenoid is 12v instead of the 24v on the original Namco gun. Other differences include different size screw thread and solenoid rod is thicker than the original Namco which makes the E clips bigger.

20181205_231730.jpg

The Namco gcon1 will be a project to have it work with my existing setup, I'll be re wiring so the gun driver has a plug so I plug a gcon1, gcon2 or possibly even a DC gun pcb to work with my time crisis machine.

5. Flamin Joe

Flamin Joe Member

Do you need a permit for those? :p

Actually a half serious question considering the Transformer Megatron toy is considered a gun replica so requires proper background checks, safe storage etc to own. Was surprised to find this out a couple of years ago when I was browsing the net one time so you never know these days.

mR_CaESaR likes this.
  6. mR_CaESaR

mR_CaESaR Member

Im assuming you read my importing drama of a Namco gun?

If not, long story short, I purchased a Namco gun clone for 160 USD plus shipping, got a free upgrade to an original Namco gun then got seized by customs. In hindsight, I should've looked at laws for importing before paying up. It was an expensive lesson, but at least I don't have a criminal record as a result of it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, I pretty much required a permit to own an imitation firearm and one to import.

When I don't play the game, I need to put it in a secured cabinet and I didn't bother.

Im assuming by purchasing locally, it's no different to owning a nerf gun.

By the way, refer to this site. It's a "gun club" specifically created to import the MP05 Megatron.

http://www.megatron.net.au/Index.htm

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  7. slavewone

slavewone Member

I love the irony

My dads collection of antique swords sitting in glass cabinets are actually stored more legally than my toys. The sword collection has likely killed magnitudes more people even if we assume the majority of blade nicks weren’t fatal.

tunksy and mR_CaESaR like this.
  8. Aetherone

Aetherone Member

Brand new, factory sealed box: XFX 7900 GTX. FIVE HUNDRED AND TWELVE MEGS OF GDDR3 POWA MEMORY!

tunksy, Vanne and adz like this.
  9. Vanne

Vanne Member

Lol, I had 2 of those puppies.. nice cards.. still have one for my Powermac (but that's the Quadro variant)

10. Aetherone

Aetherone Member

Yeah, with a soc939 32 lane SLI board for a retro lulz build, I'm gonna keep my eyes open for a second. :D

tunksy likes this.
  11. cdtoaster

cdtoaster Member

i saw a 9800XT 256mb for $86 delivered so i grabbed it, supposedly fully working. will see how it goes, i wanted one for ages but i only ever saw them for ~200 delivered

12. Vanne

Vanne Member

Ive got one of those, but its a mac g5 version, I wonder if flashing to PC is possible?

13. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

9800xt is worth that much still?

14. Vanne

Vanne Member

They are going up in value, as are other top end agp cards.

15. Flamin Joe

Flamin Joe Member

My first reaction was, holy crap $86 for a 9800XT seems pretty steep! Then I reminded myself I've been spending that much on parts on what's probably considered ancient gear in comparison with my XT's/AT's. Then I looked around at all the PC's and parts I've hoarded over the years and wonder how much money I've poured into this hobby and I got all depressed. I could of probably brought two houses by now! :lol:

What a money pit this hobby can be. :)

Vanne likes this.
  16. WuZMoT

WuZMoT Member

Sony KV-AR29M31 (Trinitron 68CM) gumtree pickup 30 minutes from home, $20 and I present to you the new CRT donor for the arcade cabinet.

worst picture issue is the bow on the left side but loads better than the current tube. As long as it doesn't randomly switch off like the old tube I'll be happy. Extensive testing will be done before gutting it and making the change.

SNES 240p test suite and super mario world out of a wii via component for convenience of testing.

EDIT: got into service menu :thumbup: will tweak later.

IMG_20181215_104427.jpg IMG_20181215_104510.jpg IMG_20181215_104623.jpg IMG_20181215_104958.jpg

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018 at 12:46 PM