Your recent acquisitions, or what retro have you bought lately?

Discussion in 'Retro & Arcade' started by power, Feb 20, 2011.

1. i_trin

i_trin Member

Thanks! Yes it’s a generic iOS screen from China. I had some gameboy motherboards lying around with damaged lcd boards that weren’t able to be repaired. Easy install. Only have to solder speaker. Does suffer similar problem to other mods in that the case is cramped and if it’s tightened too much the buttons aren’t as responsive. Here a finished pic.

Attached Files:

Utetopia, Vanne, rugger and 3 others like this.
  2. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

Man that looks so clean. I've got two original DMG01's, and I think I definitely want to make one of them look like this.

3. i_trin

i_trin Member

Thanks. I bought from eBay seller. Cheaper than important from USA or local retailer. I got precursors shell. I did a gameboy advance also. I’ll do a few more dmg also. Although the old retro screen and experience still I enjoy. Just have to play under light.

4. WuZMoT

WuZMoT Member

part of me wants to own a modded GBA but realistically I'd never find much time to play it.

5. i_trin

i_trin Member

finding time to play is hard. Portable systems are great though. Don’t have to sit in front of tv. Which I definitely cannot do anymore

baronbaldric likes this.
  6. WuZMoT

WuZMoT Member

I have ample time for games but I procrastinate a lot and don't find myself on public transport or battling for screen time to warrant a portable system.

7. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

Yeah this is my current situation too. I don't have any lengthy time away from home where I can play games, so I find myself playing most of these portable games more like a TV connected console (MiSTer has a number of handheld cores that I play connected to a larger screen in my games room).

Although occasionally it's something I can do on the couch while my wife or kids watch their shows that I'm not interested in. I do a bit of Switch gaming like that too.

8. WuZMoT

WuZMoT Member

I wish someone would make a high quality "gameboy" controller/phone holder like the hyperkin smartboy. Except just a basic USB controller with no original cartridge slot and priced to reflect that.

9. Vanne

Vanne Member

I look at this and somerthing inside me screams "Beemo!!!" :D
    Very nice, love it... :)

i_trin likes this.
  10. Adona

Adona Member

Good to here elvis. I will make sure I set aside time to go check them out. I'm a bit of a Noob/Newb (however it's said) here as I only know a maybe a handful of people but they don't have much interest in games.

I've book marked the link BTW WuZMoT. I have a USB NES controller I like using

elvis likes this.
  11. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

I rarely get time away from home for portables, so i play them at home on the couch. Takes me back a bit to being a kid and playing my Lynx in the bedroom, maybe I need to move from the couch as the tv is usually on. That said, there's far more worthwhile content on TV these days.

12. Daft_Munt

Daft_Munt Member

I have a similar story to elvis. A shop called Dan Solo, doesnt have much in the retro gaming stuff, mainly comics (lots of old ones), other collectables and gamer workshop stuff. But every time I am in there on a weekend a couple of tables are setup with people playing games, many on the spectrum. He will duck off to help them while I chat to him. He also does that after school.

Vanne, Pierre32 and MUTMAN like this.
  13. i_trin

i_trin Member

Portable is so much better IMO even when at home.

14. WuZMoT

WuZMoT Member

I have an OTG adapter and an iBuffalo SNES style USB pad that I've shoved into a cargo pocket before. One of the other reasons I would like a gameboy shell type attachment is it would be low profile and could just stay on the phone while its in my pocket.

Imagine it:
    * bottom half of a gameboy pocket shell that the phone slides into.
    * bluetooth interface for the buttons.
    * extendable clamp on the top to hold the phone inside securely.

Adona and MUTMAN like this.
  15. mil098

mil098 Member

Went to visit my parents yesterday and decided to look around the garage. Found this! Forgot I even had it and yes it has never been installed.

Anyone have an idea on what it's worth?

[​IMG]

adz, Utetopia, rugger and 3 others like this.
  16. badmofo

badmofo Member

Score! Anything wavetable has gone crazy pricewise so it's hard to say but NOS and complete you're looking at several hundred - defs include international bidders if selling on eBay, get those American or Russian collectors into the mix and profit.

mil098 and MUTMAN like this.
  17. Pierre32

Pierre32 Member

Past ebay results don't necessarily indicate future ones, but...

upload_2021-5-16_19-22-2.png

Lovely find, and the right time to find it.

badmofo and mil098 like this.
  18. DRAGONKZ

DRAGONKZ Member

Finally tracked down a good condition Carnevil in the USA and bought it, just 2 more cabinets to track down now! (And will ship these last 3 together)

It runs the midway Seattle setup (essentially a Voodoo1) so Vanne will be happy :lol:

319C959F-8B3E-430A-831A-059C7C9FF5C3.jpeg

adz, callan, Adona and 4 others like this.
  19. gdjacobs

gdjacobs Member

That's a WB1. The CT1910 won't be worth quite as much, although it's certainly a desirable part.

Pierre32 likes this.
  20. rugger

rugger Member

Geeze, my SB16 with waveblaster and 2x Speed Panasonic Interface CD-ROM is almost too good to actually use!