Your recent acquisitions, or what retro have you bought lately?

Discussion in 'Retro & Arcade' started by power, Feb 20, 2011.

1. cpl punish

cpl punish Member

2. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

Seriously?! I better contact my brother and find out if he still has our R.O.B. Our old NES set that came with Duckhunt (original grey gun!) and Gyromite (with R.O.B.) has been kicking around our family for a while. Last thing I want is it to get turfed.

3. DeusCore

DeusCore Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All the gear was relatively cheap surprisingly. :) The NES was a rare find. It's not often you can get them still in the box. I've still got the zapper gun, Mario/Duck Hunt, Mario 2, Mario 3, Trog, Dr Mario and TMNT on laybuy. But should have them soon. :)

4. Krumm

Krumm Member

found at a local gametraders then? I wouldnt mind getting a toploader nes one of these days

5. DeusCore

DeusCore Member

Local pawn shop for the majority of it. Dreamcast and Top Loader from GT. :)

6. ThunderbirdMoz

ThunderbirdMoz Member

I'm cringing at your GT price sticker which looks to be unremovable without a lot of delicate work. Nice purchases though. I had a lot of fun blasting away in HoTD many many moons ago.

7. xsive

xsive Member

Nice. How much were the individual bits?

8. DeusCore

DeusCore Member

NES - $60
    Snes - $50
    Dreamcast + Gun and HOTD2 - $90
    Super Mario World - $50
    Other Dreamcast games - $30
    Top Loader NES - $50

9. HumbleBum

HumbleBum Member

There is a shop that sells old shit in Warnambool VIC (its like a junk sale shop) they have 4 in boxes.. and a metric truckload of games. :shock:

10. DeusCore

DeusCore Member

See, that is the reason I need to head down to Brisbane or something and find a bunch of stores like Cashies etc and buy up what they have. :) Do you know the name of the shop in Warnambul, coz I've got cousins in Craigieburn and Bayswater.

11. Daft_Munt

Daft_Munt Member

Christ, I am going to have to get my rellies to head there tomorrow...Humble has given me the location, he said mostly nes and snes gear...gets on phone!

12. xsive

xsive Member

Good work :thumbup: Though SMW was kind of pricey. Were you just like "No, I'm not leaving that behind"? :p

13. pasey25

pasey25 Member

good luck with it. if you get all the NES gear, I have a list of games that I had stolen that I need to replace. If you don't get everything there let me know as I'll be in Warnambool next week

14. Daft_Munt

Daft_Munt Member

Bloody cousins were too busy to look. Cannot blame as most have young kids.

15. DeusCore

DeusCore Member

Basically, yeah I was. :D

16. Cannula

Cannula Member

I just won this auction on a newly listed item.
    I've got four NEC Yamaha midi daughterboard clones and have been hanging out for a while to get a Roland midi card. Quite a steal I think. ;)

17. DonutKing

DonutKing Member

Nice, I picked one of those up recently too, in a bulk lot with a few other cards. It sounds like the same sample set as my Roland SC-55 but it seems to have less chorus/reverb effects? either way it sounds pretty similar.

Personally though - I think the Yamaha synth (even the XR385 clones) sound a lot better in most games. Only exception so far is X-wing, where the Roland sounds better.

18. cpl punish

cpl punish Member

[​IMG]

Shame I dont have a Gameboy to test it anymore :(

19. Cannula

Cannula Member

I agree with you on that, my clones are all XR385's and I love the ballsy sound of Yamaha synths.
    I did find a list of about forty games from Moby Games that have native support for the digital playback of RAP-10's which is necessary due to not being SB16 compatible. About a third of the games I already have too. ;)
    I was going to use it along side my SB16 which has an XR385 and use a customised dos startup for either, SB16 with XR385, RAP-10, RAP-10 midi only and SB16.

20. DonutKing

DonutKing Member

I've currently got my SB16, GUS and RAP-10 set to different MIDI IO ports and just change the games setup to point to a different device. Its not the most elegant solution.... running so many sound cards in one machine gets pretty ugly :tongue:

I don't have any drivers for the RAP-10, it pretty much just works. What are you planning to do with your config.sys/autoexec.bat?