Your thoughts on Uber overseas?

Discussion in 'Holidays & Travel' started by MoNk{LAH}, Jun 3, 2015.

1. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

while in the US, took a ride in a Uber and what arrived? the new Tesla Model X with the autopilot!

Pretty cool to sit in it, guy was basically just on his tablet the whole time and chatting with me

2. Diode

Diode Member

Was he paying attention to the road? The one thing I can agree on is Tesla owners are over confident of the abilities of autopilot and like to demonstrate the capability by showing off how they don't need to pay attention to the road. Kind of like an infomercial, "watch how the car drives itself while I go take selfies and blog something on my tablet". :Paranoid:

3. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

He was watching the roads at times. Mainly when it was coming to a traffic light or people were around the car. He was telling me that his old car, which was a bmw, was totaled while he was uber driving (he was actually on the way to pick up a passenger) and he got paid out by the company

4. Diode

Diode Member

So basically he never payed attention to the road even when he didn't have autopilot. :p

5. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

6. Diode

Diode Member

This is probably a good thing. Uber as a company has a business culture I don't entirely agree with. They pretty much bully their way into getting what they want and show contempt for a the law. No surprise really that they even have issues inside the business.

Initially I did not use Uber because of this but at the same time Uber has some real good great technology behind it and that's worth supporting.

7. tobes

tobes Member

I agree with this. the corporate culture is a giant pile of douche bags. I use them sparingly overseas when there isn't better local options.

8. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

It's not surprising given they seem to be rattling some very very big cages.

The beginning of the end for Uber? I think not.

"Is this the beginning of the end for Uber?"

http://www.news.com.au/finance/busi...r/news-story/195b66fa919d03337e09cbd825466ad9