1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Youtube streaming from web site login

Discussion in 'Live Streaming & Content Creation' started by g@z, Feb 1, 2020.

1. g@z

g@z Member

Howdy,

I'm looking for something that will allow me to live stream a football game, ideally accessed and controlled via the clubs web site but the live stream is from a streaming provider like youtube etc.

The objective is to generate new income from selling a live streaming membership, with the target audience being people don't buy any current membership offernings as they cannot make it to games any more, due something like age or distance etc.

Viewing needs to be controlled so that it doesn't encourage people who currently attend games in person, to stay home and watch the stream instead, or give out their login to many other people and deprive the club of revenue.

Has anyone ever done anything like this or is this topic mainly just game streaming?

Regards,
    g@z.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  2. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

There's a truck tonne of legal issues here. You should go to the production company of the source material of what you intend to stream and see what they say. Get that covered before you can consider technical.

3. power

power Member

so you'd be streaming what local club games i take it so would have all broadcast rights?

I wonder if Twitch could cover something like this?

4. OP
    OP
    g@z

g@z Member

yes, a club level came that I am a member of and currently video every game. My understanding is that the local league does not restrict video of matches, except when it is the grand final. It would not be public, it would only be to club members.

But also looking to do a local wifi broadcast as well.... just to see if that works, but I think it's harder that the original question.

Regards,
    g@z.

5. Oeck

Oeck OCAU Sponsor

Hi g@z,

If I were you I would seriously consider using Xenforo. It is the software used to run the OCAU forums. Our business also uses it as it is great for building on. Out of the box you will be able to achieve what you want relatively easily. You can simply create a page in Xenforo and restrict access to paid members only. Membership is automated within their system and out-of-the-box paygates include Paypal, Stripe, 2Checkout and Braintree. Setting it up is only a few steps and should only take a couple of hours to do.

You can find more information at https://xenforo.com

- Hope this helps!

Regards,
    Peter @ Oeck.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  6. OP
    OP
    g@z

g@z Member

Thanks for the suggestion Oeck,

I had a quick look. $160 is fair, but $300 to remove the xenforo logo? Lost me right there. Too much for a footy club to spend I think.

I've got OBS running and learning that to live stream recorded footy games to our facebook page and bought an Elgato Camlink ready for the season if it ever happens. Covid-19 has halted everything at the moment so I've got time to play around!

Regards,
    g@z.

7. JSmithDTV

JSmithDTV Member

I don't think you'd be able to charge for a stream... but you could collect donations and just happen to provide those that do with access. ;)

JSmith

8. Oeck

Oeck OCAU Sponsor

Hi g@z,

You're welcome.

It is not $300 to remove the logo. You are suppose to remove their logo and replace it with your own. It is the copyright in the footer. If you look right at the very bottom-left of the OCAU forums, you will see "Forum software by XenForo™ © 2010-2018 XenForo Ltd." That is the text you pay to remove. 99% of websites do not remove it as it is not a big deal. Have a play in their Demo and see what you think. I have no horse in the race, but our company uses it and I thought a recommendation was in order.

Regards,
    Peter @ Oeck.

g@z and JSmithDTV like this.
  9. OP
    OP
    g@z

g@z Member

ah ok, thanks for the clarification. Will have a deeper look.

Regards,
    g@z.

Oeck likes this.