Z390chipset, i9 9900k i79700k and i5

Discussion in 'Intel x86 CPUs and chipsets' started by kot0005, Jun 28, 2018.

1. c4dderly

c4dderly Member

Z390 Hero

Inconceivable and OJR like this.
  2. Inconceivable

Inconceivable New Member

I've ordered one of these from NewEgg (was a bit cheaper). Knowing my luck and general expectations about shipping, I'll soon be the proud owner of two halves of a motherboard.

3. Euphoreia

Euphoreia Member

Release cost price quoted from Australian distributor to small brick/mortar store is $798 inc gst. for 9900k

Was accurate as of 3pm yesterday.

4. WabbitHuntn

WabbitHuntn Member

It seems Australian suppliers have run out of stock of 9900k as I was informed by Scorptec that my pre-order has no ETA as the supplier has no stock and has no ETA for when they will.

PCCG has also changed their listing for 9900k to Coming Soon from 22/10/18.

5. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

The way I read my response from scorptec makes me think Intel's distributors haven't actually sent any 9900k (and maybe the lower tier version) stock to Australia yet.

6. OP
    OP
    kot0005

kot0005 Member

Looks like 2080Ti all over again lol...

PC hardware market is insane right now. Even with strong competition Intel still charges $$$$

7. WabbitHuntn

WabbitHuntn Member

I Phoned Scorptec and they have been not able to order on stock whatsoever and Intel declined to comment on availability in Australia and that they would look into it and phone me back.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  8. DarkSnipa

DarkSnipa Member

Well on the flip side recent gen Intel CPUs do retain their values better than AMD though thanks to the shortage , not a bad thing for those Intel CPU owners who wish to go with AMD Ryzen :D

macktheknife likes this.
  9. WabbitHuntn

WabbitHuntn Member

I got this from Intel

Hello Daryl,

Greetings from Intel Customer Support!

I hope you’re doing well today. I was able to clarify the stock availability of the 9thgeneration processor. The 9th generation K processors can be pre-ordered after its launch on October 8 or before October 19, 2018. The reason why local distributors doesn’t have stocks is because the processor will be available for sale or retail starting October 19, 2018. Most probably, local sellers or resellers will receive their stock on that date and customers like you will be able to get these 9th generation processors from that date. I would suggest to get back with the retailer where you pre-ordered on the 19th and ask them again for the stock availability. Because as of this writing, the ETA was set on the 19th of this month.

If you need additional help, please let me know.

Thank you so much!

Best Regards,
    Zion Drexel
    Intel® Customer Support Technician
    Technical Support Associate
    Under contract to Intel® Corporation

Inconceivable likes this.
  10. tek_01

tek_01 Member

Let’s hope they arrive on time, stinging to build my new pc!

11. WabbitHuntn

WabbitHuntn Member

Suppliers have no ETA 4 days before release!

Don't hold your breath.

I was the 3rd person to order from Scorptec.

12. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Zion Drexel sounds like a good mid 90's reggae band.

On the plus side, my Noctua rubber anti-vibration fan mounts I impulse bought are at the shop, woo, only the CPU and my two USB sticks left and my build will be ready to go.

13. Radley

Radley Member

There's no way that's their real name.

14. Kurosaki

Kurosaki Member

Call centre muppet has no idea.

Some of the Intel disties haven't even got a shipping confirmation from Intel!

15. WabbitHuntn

WabbitHuntn Member

8700k shortage Mk2

16. DarkSnipa

DarkSnipa Member

Got bad news for WA members, I just went to PLE and they got no ETA for any 9th gen CPU atm as well :( I did grab a new MSI Z390I board for the dual m.2 support I will post the vrm configuration later for ITX users.

Edit:
    MSI Z390I Gaming Edge AC VRM
    PWM IC: UPI uP9521p in unknown configuration (No public datasheet for this);
    Both vcore and IGPU portion are using TI 87350D 40A NexFET which is also found on Asrock Z390 Taichi;
    Memory, VCCIO and VCCSA: Something from Niko semiconductor I will look it up later.

This board does not look very promising if want to pair up with a 9900K and overclock it, but if you wish to overclock the memory this board QVL looks promising still like its Z370i brother and it has the same 8 layer PCB.

17. Inconceivable

Inconceivable New Member

Dumb question from me and maybe off topic but why do you need 2 USB sticks for a build?

18. Inconceivable

Inconceivable New Member

I heard about the same from Austin but this is probably because the release date isn't until the 19th based on that email from Zion Drexel

19. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Gonna make a normal basic w10 installer, and then I've got a customised LTSC build I made with NTLITE I want to see how it goes.

I don't want to muck around having to rebuild my HTPC (so I can redownload things) if for whatever reason a windows install mucks up or is corrupt, so two different versions should ensure at least one of them works.

20. WabbitHuntn

WabbitHuntn Member

Hello Daryl,

Greetings from Intel Customer Support!

Thank you for letting us know about it. For the stock availability, we don’t have full control with that since we only handle technical cases. But no worries since I have already coordinated this to the responsible team for the stock availability of the Intel Core i9 processor. As much as I wanted to give you an exact date or ETA on when it will be available to the suppliers, we don’t have the control with it and it was our depot’s discretion on when it will be available for customer purchase. Since you mentioned that you’ve already made a pre-order for this processor, you will be prioritized to get this processor.

Thank you so much!

Best Regards,
    Zion Drexel
    Intel® Customer Support Technician
    Technical Support Associate
    Under contract to Intel® Corporation