Z390chipset, i9 9900k i79700k and i5

Discussion in 'Intel x86 CPUs and chipsets' started by kot0005, Jun 28, 2018.

1. DarkSnipa

DarkSnipa Member

Mwave has 9700K in stock and very few MSY stores have 9700K in stock as well.

2. adamsleath

adamsleath Member

Carey Holzman has a TR video editing rig. but he's a bit of an intel fan. there's just no pleasing some people :D

32/64 cores...for multithreaded apps. wowsers. a big investment in cores.

3. self_slaughter

self_slaughter Member

Yah been a long time since I've been on AMD. Phenom 955BE, before going 2500k, 3820, 4770k (x3, such crap clockers), 2500k, 4670, 8700k, 8086k etc... prob missed a fair few there. lol
    Given the pricing on the 9900ks though, if I was building a new machine today, for gaming it would have to be Ryzen, video editing etc Threadripper.

Just too much damn money for piss all gains. They're all damn fast at this point in time.

4. chainbolt

chainbolt Member

I think this is the wrong question to ask an "enthusiast". :D

This product is clearly not for budget user.

No pain, no gain. ;) Higher temperatures can be managed by better cooling devices, a lack of performance is "insolvable".

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  5. Agg

Agg Lord of the Pings

Even enthusiasts have budgets, though. :) If you can get into the same ballpark performance-wise but have money left over for more memory or a bigger SSD or whatever, it's worth considering even at the high end.

6. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

future.JPG

7. bobster

bobster Member

RAM tuning is the most annoying one, be very careful with ram selection, IMO no worth getting high end ram 2933 is the sweet sport or "Ryzen Certified Ram". NVME SSD's doesn't seem as responsive and a few other things that may or may not be a system issues. It could be a B450 bios issues buts doesn't seem like it

8. c4dderly

c4dderly Member

I was considering upgrading from my 8086k to the 9900k but the temps/very little performance difference have put me off and my main use is gaming and not interested in going water.

adamsleath likes this.
  9. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

^^ Bugger all difference between the two.

10. adamsleath

adamsleath Member

first world problems :) ive been as keen to see the 9900k as some others....but its expensive and in short supply...at this point in time.

gaming on a 'budget cooler' there's a few options around.

11. Kurosaki

Kurosaki Member

You must have a crappy log-in :p

I can tell you for a fact the first shipment and possible quite a few thereafter have already been pre-allocated to big T1 customers and they don't just include the PCCG / PLE / Scortpec of the Australia.

PCCG / PLE / Scortpec - All based on their numbers and ETA from there, but its not uncommon for first release stuff that vendors and disties start playing funny buggers with the allocation and hence stock that was proimised might not show up as expected.

At the end of day ETA is exactly what it mean.... ESTIMATED time of arrived. People should start going back to school and learn what estimate means

Attached Files:

12. OP
    OP
    kot0005

kot0005 Member

you got a way to check for EVGA 2080Ti stock ETA lol ?

yeah we know what ETA is lol but wen you get a new ETA every 4 days over a month and still dont get your goods, that's where it starts to look poor.

13. Radley

Radley Member

Why would they be able to give you any further information? Clearly no one knows!

14. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Quick, someone get Zion Drexler back on the phone.

OJR likes this.
  15. Kurosaki

Kurosaki Member

Ewwww..... Why would I want to touch a EVGA? :p

For hot items its often the case the disties don't know how much stock their getting and then what vendor deals have already been pulled in the back ground to gobble up that stock.

Disties usually have a good idea how much their getting once they have a confirm shipping manifests, but even then they don't know what how much stock they actually have to play with because vendors often goes out and make all sorts of promises for various reasons.

In my line of work I have a pretty idea how much stock has been arriving for hot items like 2080Ti and 9900K, and I can tell you its literally been handful in some cases. Now think of all the crying muppets on this forum already multiply by Aus wide and then realise why its taking a while to fulfill back orders.

As Eminem says - " be smart don't be a retard"

If you see stock jump on it. The fact of the matter is the shortages are real and it ain't some tin foil bs to drive up prices.

kot0005 likes this.
  16. AMD180

AMD180 Member

I haven't had much time to test as yet and probably wont until the weekend, but after a quick one hour AIDA64 stress test, 9900k stock clock temperatures have peaked at 78 deg under full load, idle temperatures are showing around 30 - 33 deg generally. This is using a H150i Pro w/ 120mm / 2400rpm standard Corsair fans 3 x pushing 3 x pulling. Not really having any issues with heat at all at this stage.

tek_01 likes this.
  17. darkbastard

darkbastard Member

Is the all core boost peaking at 4.2 or 4.7

Thanks

18. AMD180

AMD180 Member

19. OJR

OJR Member

Looks like Linus stuffed up big time then.

20. tek_01

tek_01 Member

360mm rad with 6 fans, decent amount of cooler
    wonder how my air cooler will go...