Z5500...Did i just get a free fix?

Discussion in 'PC Audio' started by ShadoX, Jul 7, 2010.

1. FatBoyNotSoSlim

FatBoyNotSoSlim Member

Time I jump on the bandwagon and try and get a new pod. The LED on the right has failed, and the left one is looking rather dim.

2. Alba

Alba Member

The lights on mine stopped working, so I emailed logitech and today I received a brand new control pod, free of any charges.

Well done logitech :thumbup::thumbup:

old one on left

Click to view full size!

3. FatBoyNotSoSlim

FatBoyNotSoSlim Member

Whats the email address you used? I was going to do this when I posted above you, but I forgot about it, after I failed at finding the right email address.

4. Alba

Alba Member

Log in to logitech or create an account here and tell them the issue, that's all I did.

This is the email they they used to email me logitech_support_en_ap@mailca.custhelp.com

Not sure if you can use it or not. Best to use the link above.

5. FatBoyNotSoSlim

FatBoyNotSoSlim Member

Too easy, thanks for the help.

6. xok

xok Member

For all the trashing logitech get for quality, you can't beat em for service ;)

7. phantom220

phantom220 Member

Emailed yesterday as well.

Eagerly awaiting my reply, they were great when my G5 died - replaced the same day. Bang.

8. FatBoyNotSoSlim

FatBoyNotSoSlim Member

I want to facepalm, as logitech have been going around in circles, thinking mine is in warranty, and that they won't replace my control pod, I must return it to the place of purchase as it's in warranty.

Can someone help me, once again, with what they asked Logitech in order to start/progress their replacement pod?

9. Seith

Seith R.I.P.

Asked them where I could buy a replacement pod as mine was out of warranty.

10. phantom220

phantom220 Member

Mine came today. I emailed them with the following:

Took about two weeks all up, if that. Damn I love Logitech.

11. Alba

Alba Member

Awesome hey:D

My new one is way way brighter than my old one ever was, and it's blue whereas the old one was more green, is yours the same?

12. OP
    OP
    ShadoX

ShadoX Member

Yeah looks like you've got to actually say you want to purchase a new one or where you can get a new one to actually get a free one :)

Thats what i did originally anyway.

btw, what nearly 6 months on since i originally started this thread and my new POD is still going strong, not a single issue with it, love logitech >)

13. robbo2

robbo2 Member

I recently brought a set of these forums an the pod works fine but it is a little dim I think. Have never seen one before so I have nothing to compare it to. Decided to shoot logitech an e-mail on monday asking if I could purchase a replacement. They were great an the new pod was here on friday. Free of course :thumbup:

14. phantom220

phantom220 Member

I reckon. No idea on the relative brightness at this stage as I haven't given the new one a crack yet.

15. kxy

kxy Member

I got this response back yesterday, after lodging a support ticket the day before.

So I dont know whether I just got the wrong rep attending this claim, or they are out of supply of the pods.

Unless that vodafone bitch has jumped ship.

16. Asako

Asako Member

I've just submitted a ticket asking if I can buy a new pod. I'm actually happy to pay some token fee to do so; cheaper than getting a whole new set of speakers. Just hope they actually have some and don't fob me off.

17. FatBoyNotSoSlim

FatBoyNotSoSlim Member

Either of you guys get a response back from Logitech that was favorable?

The last correspondence I have is from December 21st, where the rep said they had my case info and would send it up the chain to their managers, and report back to me... That was 3 weeks ago. Perhaps time to contact them back.

EDIT: Hi Logitech. *waves at them*

I say that, because today I get an email to tell me a new pod is on the way. :)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  18. kxy

kxy Member

after initially being told I cant get one, I reiterated my reqest to purchase a new POD, they told me there would be a charge of $15 for the part and would I still want to go ahead with the purchase. I Replied that I definitely would be interested in paying for the part and they said they would invoice me shortly, but to be patient over the holidays as its causing delays to their processing.

I might touch base to politely request an update to the service call.

19. kxy

kxy Member

Im very happy to report the following email from Logitech

Gotta say Im very impressed with their communication and support. It goes to show as long as you are polite and patient with customer support, you are far more likely to get a satisfactory result.

20. Asako

Asako Member

I just got an email saying my new pod has been dispatched, and I didn't have to pay anything (though I was willing to).

Logitech rock. I've used them for 15 years for a reason.