1. Check out OCAU's review of the SpaceX Starlink satellite internet service!
    Dismiss Notice

Z5500...Did i just get a free fix?

Discussion in 'PC Audio' started by ShadoX, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Croc

Croc Member

as always when things go dead i expect to bin them as most manufacturers just don't give rat arse about you once you out of warranty....
    was i wrong or what, logitech shocked me, got replacment pod free of charge, not only that i didn't even have to beg for it, it was simple as if we can we will help and two days later sure enough it was confirmed i would get replacement unit.
    such refreshing attitude compared to rest of the big boys out there, THANK YOU

2. Akh-Horus

Akh-Horus Member

Happy to advise have connected the system up - and WOW. And I got them at a great price, think I will be staying with these for a very long time.

3. ShadowBurger

ShadowBurger Member

Does anybody know a way of preventing the system from "disconnecting" (or whatever you would call it) when there is no signal from optical input?

There's a slight delay from when it starts receiving a signal to when it starts outputting sound and it causes the first second to be cut off

4. bYrd

bYrd Member

I've been meaning to email Logitech support for a while regarding my flickering blue pod light and non-functional remote - support ticket sent, wish me luck :D

Had the speakers for about 5 - 6 years and they've been great, one of my better purchases.

JB

5. MercyFlush

MercyFlush Member

I sent off an email to their support yesterday about my Z5400 which has a dead LCD. Just now I received a bit of a generic response asking for my full address and contact numbers. Seems promising :thumbup:

6. spawnpoint

spawnpoint Member

received a similar email

7. ShadowBurger

ShadowBurger Member

I asked about a faulty subwoofer/amp on their facebook page and only got a generic reply linking me to a contact page that no longer exists :mad:

8. MercyFlush

MercyFlush Member

yeah in mine they said something similar but they said they were going to take it 'Internally'. I included photo's of the lcd screen not working and a bit of trouble shooting. I hope they still have some old stock for us! :)

I contacted them through the logitech website's Customer Support (Email) Link. You will need to create an account if you don't have one :thumbup:

Just wondering but did you lose sound in either one or all of your speakers? Has it blown a fuse or does it smell of burnt chip?

I just ask because my Z5400 burnt out a drive chip for the sub and it took out almost every speaker. $11 for a new chip and 10min soldering and all was good.

9. spawnpoint

spawnpoint Member

Got a email from them today saying they are sending me a replacement control pod. Yay!

10. MercyFlush

MercyFlush Member

No kidding, me too :D:thumbup:

11. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I would think this is a rather unusual thing for a company to do so I'd assume they do it because it is relatively cheap PR for the company to give out spare parts for a now defunct line.

12. spawnpoint

spawnpoint Member

Got my replacement few days back. Very Happy with the Logitech Customer Service

13. MercyFlush

MercyFlush Member

Man I am not very happy at all anymore. I sent a follow up email because I hadn't received it at all. Now they are back peddling and are saying that they reviewed it internally and decided to not replace it, without notification even after saying they would sent it in 5-7 days (32 days ago).

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the chance to get it replaced but I'm still not happy.

14. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Did they give you any particular reason why they weren't going to replace it for you? I'd ask why if you haven't already.

15. MercyFlush

MercyFlush Member

Yeah I've already asked but no reply yet..

They literally just said I'm sorry but we reviewed your case internally and we will not be replacing your z5400 control pod.

I'd just like to know why? And I'dlike tto know why they said it'd be shipped in 5-7 if they didn't know if I'd actually be getting it. Could have been a clerical error who knows.

16. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Just press them for an answer. As a valid customer I think you deserve a reason why.

17. bYrd

bYrd Member

I'm not having much luck with Logitech either (flickering/dim control pod LCD + dead remote Z5500)

It started well after pleasant conversation with "Arlene" ...

Success?

This was 17/04/14 and my friend Arlene has now gone quiet with no further communication - I've asked for a progress update twice. In other's experience, did you wait for an age then something suddenly turned up without warning?

Thanks

JB

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  18. MercyFlush

MercyFlush Member

I'd send a follow up within 30 days, otherwise they close the ticket. I had no reply for nearly 30days then they said they'd decided to not replace it. But remember I have a z5400 so maybe they don't have as many spares for those.

19. bYrd

bYrd Member

Still not talking after prompting them (< 30 days), I'm buggered why not.

20. MercyFlush

MercyFlush Member

I decided to check on it today, Found this notice at the top of my conversation history.
    Here's the whole thing. Read bottom to top.

Pretty safe to say I'm not going to bother to make a new question or try to get a response out of them. I wish I could redo the questionnaire as it'd be pretty different.. You'll also notice the lack of my last post/update to them as to why it did not get sent etc. I think it never got through because they closed it early! Seriously wtf, I've worked in Customer Care and support and I'd definitely get in trouble for closing cases early.. Just saying.

To anyone who is after a replacement don't get let down by my experience, there are WAY more positive responses from Logitech than one like mine. It's 100% worth a shot considering how fast you can shoot off an email.

Last edited: May 17, 2014